Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2016, 03:07 PM
Elite Fan

The Originals 3x21: "Give 'Em Hell Kid" Discussion. Airs May 13th, 9PM EST

The Originals 3x21: Give ‘Em Hell Kid

May 13th@ 9:00pm Eastern
Description: A MAN ON A MISSION — After receiving new visions of the looming prophecy, Freya (Riley Voelkel) uncovers that her family is on a collision course with a dangerous new enemy. Meanwhile, with the help of Detective Kinney (guest star Jason Dohring), Vincent (Yusuf Gatewood) and Kol (guest star Nathaniel Buzolic) travel to the ancestral world to put a stop to the witches and take back their city once and for all. Elsewhere, Klaus (Joseph Morgan) and Elijah (Daniel Gillies) confront Marcel (Charles Michael Davis) after a heartbreaking plan gone wrong has sent him spiraling. Phoebe Tonkin and Danielle Campbell also star.
Written by:Ashley Lyle & Bart Nickerson

PROMO:

RULES:

+ Some of you may not like everything about the episode. Please try to be constructive when you are criticizing something.
+ Do not insult actors. Please stay positive.
+ Respect each other's ships.
+ Do not post anything that is considered a spoiler until the show airs at Eastern time in the USA.
+ Enjoy!
Old 05-13-2016, 08:08 PM
Dedicated Fan

This ep rocked.

Klaus. So vulnerable. I want to hug you.

Elijah. I want to smack you. You ruined a beautiful moment.

Marcel. I want to hug and smack.

Freya. You may not have been with them for a thousand years but you sure have the hang of it.

Kol. I wanted to smack you for what you said to Freya but hug you for Davina.

Hayley. I think you put aside your feelings and tried to do what was right for the family by giving comfort to each.

Vincent. Yay.

Josh. Nice to know you are alive. Good friend.

Haylijah. I don't know if that is a yay or a nay under the circumstances.

Klayley. I don't know if that is a yay or a nay under the circumstances.

Kolvina. Rip out my heart.

Kudos writers.
Old 05-13-2016, 09:00 PM
Elite Fan

This damn episode...

I have like zero sympathy for Elijah. He enabled this whole prophecy to happen. Not just destroying Davina, but always treating Marcel with so little respect and, oh yeah, murdering him.

Klaus tries so hard to be a good person and live up to what Camille wanted, but he just sucks at it. I'm much more interested in him just acting like the righteous tool he is .

Freya...ugh I want to hate her (and do for what she did to Davina), but seeing how Kol threw that shade her way made me want to hug her. My feelings are complicated here .

Marcel finally being relevant is making my head spin. After so long not having any purpose it's a true shock to see him being so important to the plot now. I kinda dig it. I just don't see how him being the SuperOriginal is going to end well for him.

Vincent is always a pleasure to see. I loved how they brought back his past with Eva. I hope to see more Vincent when s4 comes.

Hayley...was there. Doing stuff.

Josh, my baby . I love him so much. I loved his moment about Davina at her memorial service and his concern over Marcel. He loves Marcel so much.

Detective Kinney I guess is the new resident human. I'm cool with that. At least he has a somewhat more purposeful tie to the city being a police officer (and not as lame as Mashed Potatoes Donovan) than the last one. I hope he sticks around.

Kol and Davina . Way to rip my heart out.

The only faith I have left for Davina is that none of the writers/actors or Danielle have tweeted about her leaving the way they did Leah. Also all the interviews are lacking a "I'm gone for good" vibe.

And yay for Rebekah back next week, but can only imagine the ridiculous excuse for her leaving again. Just happy for klebekah/Rebekah trying to save Klaus .
Old 05-13-2016, 10:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

I was teary for most part of it

yes Elijah theres always a choice , not happy with what he did again
I like what marcel pointing out about family and when that's convenient for them

I think I'm preferring Klaus atm

I don't like what Freya did to Davina but I do understand why she did that but kol was def a bit harsh and I do understand partly he is going through a tough time

Vincent loved hearing about his past and teaming up with kinney

kolvina that really was pianful

your last point

I think that the writers and that have given us false hope about Davina even if they haven't said anything. she destroyed herself with her ancestors not sure how they will being her back if shed continue. which makes me sad

{}
Old 05-13-2016, 11:24 PM
Master Fan

They probably don't even know if they're bringing her back yet
Old 05-14-2016, 07:22 AM
Total Fan

Elijah has really pissed me off these last two episodes. Especially this one. What a coward.

Old 05-14-2016, 07:50 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'm not made at anyone. I don't know why some people are putting the blame all on Elijah. Elijah is definitely not a coward.

I can see everyone's point. Marcel and Klaus's talk wasn't going to help.I believe Marcel was going to do what he set out to do beacause Marcel already drank the serum. Also, when Klaus found out that Marcel had the serum, he didn't make things better because of what he said. Klaus could have disagreed with what Marcel was saying about him but he didn't, and that just proved to Marcel that he was right about Klaus and the rest of the Mikealsons.

Marcel is no better. Look how things were when he was in charge. The wolves were cursed, and the witches couldn't practice magic or they would be killed, and that's all on Marcel.
Old 05-14-2016, 08:15 AM
Total Fan

IMO, he is. He killed Marcel because he is scared. Him and Freya brought all this on themselves.

Old 05-14-2016, 09:04 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswellover73 (View Post)
I'm not made at anyone. I don't know why some people are putting the blame all on Elijah. Elijah is definitely not a coward.

I can see everyone's point. Marcel and Klaus's talk wasn't going to help.I believe Marcel was going to do what he set out to do beacause Marcel already drank the serum. Also, when Klaus found out that Marcel had the serum, he didn't make things better because of what he said. Klaus could have disagreed with what Marcel was saying about him but he didn't, and that just proved to Marcel that he was right about Klaus and the rest of the Mikealsons.

Marcel is no better. Look how things were when he was in charge. The wolves were cursed, and the witches couldn't practice magic or they would be killed, and that's all on Marcel.
I think Marcel was standing with one foot over the edge, but Elijah pushed him that last and final step. He might have taken the serum beforehand, but he didn't kill himself or have anyone kill him. He gave them the opportunity to change his mind, to make an effort to be better, and they disappointed him yet again. I'm not saying Marcel was right is his deception, but someone close to him died and not one person responsible even attempted to admit fault and apologize. I think Klaus was making some headway with Marcel, probably not enough to stop him from taking the plunge and changing, but maybe just enough to stop him from trying to kill him. Becoming this powerful beast didn't necessarily mean he would have been a threat to Klaus (probably Elijah for all the bitterness and Davina between them), but that was ruined on the bridge.

Also I don't think Marcel would be a good leader. Marcel doesn't do well with complete and utter power. He's great for the vampires, but I doubt he would play nicely with everyone else. I don't see Vincent being someone to bend to Marcel's will though. If anything he'll be regretting his decision to empower Marcel unless he can figure out a way to stop him or stopping him from targeting all the witches.
Old 05-14-2016, 03:34 PM
New Fan

so-so episode for me.

kol was harsh to freya. that poor girl has been trying to save everyone almost all episodes. this family is just drama all the way through, girl!

klaus cracked me up. the moment he realized marcel took the serum, he turned all high and mighty. lols.

can't wait for rebekah's but i do wonder whether her hexed nature will take over??? as long as she doesn't die, im all game.
Old 05-14-2016, 03:38 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemshipper (View Post)
This ep rocked.

Klaus. So vulnerable. I want to hug you.

Elijah. I want to smack you. You ruined a beautiful moment.

Marcel. I want to hug and smack.

Freya. You may not have been with them for a thousand years but you sure have the hang of it.

Kol. I wanted to smack you for what you said to Freya but hug you for Davina.

Hayley. I think you put aside your feelings and tried to do what was right for the family by giving comfort to each.

Vincent. Yay.

Josh. Nice to know you are alive. Good friend.

Haylijah. I don't know if that is a yay or a nay under the circumstances.

Klayley. I don't know if that is a yay or a nay under the circumstances.

Kolvina. Rip out my heart.

Kudos writers.
LOL. You summed it up!
Great episode! Wish they'd done more with Marcel sooner in the season--I missed him. He was really breaking my heart. Terrific convo with Klaus on the bridge. I do think he wanted to be talked out of it. It was so interesting to see Klaus being the good cop and Elijah the bad for a change. I felt so bad for Elijah though, even though I was yelling at my TV that he'd stop interfering. It really is like a Shakespearean tragedy where the characters can't help but make the prophecy come true. Klaus was trying to open up, but when Elijah showed up and Marcel pulled out that vial of serum it was like he was looking at the white oak stake all over again. Loved the scene with the shattered glass and Davina. I'm still confused, but glad she's kind of still around. Did she blow up witch purgatory and herself with it? Vincent's plan was confusing to me. Love his heart, but he is in over his head. How scary was Marcel at the bottom of the river with his red eyes? Much scarier than Lucien was. I hope this is not the end for Marcel. I still think all the principals are going to die in the finale (and next year be brought back somehow.)
Old 05-15-2016, 03:22 AM
New Fan

Like poetry?

I am curiously awaiting to see which technique the family will conjure up to level the playing field against Marcel's strength, given that the telecasting of the successful expunging of the ancestral magic is true. With regards to Davina, I hope her character hasn't been entirely written. However, if the entire course of the character Davina is concluded, she definitely gets style points for going out with a bang. I hope with Camille's killing, Klaus can continue consciously composing a clear means to out-maneuver Marcel's malevolent mystical mischief, by making methodical moves... meanwhile mindfully manufacturing Marcel mercy. In addition, I have a fray of suspicion that Rebekah was clairvoyantly out on a mission, no doubt in rewriting the visions so that the Mikealsons will still exist in this beautiful fiction. Instead of dreading more bloodshed, whilst reminiscing of a wiccan dead - who didn't learn to stop and listen that caused her own excision - instead, in an instant the story was led by Vincent's volition within the vamp kitchen that embedded an unneeded collision between Marcel and Klaus which is where we are headed. Freya without the dreaded ancestral magical wrath and knowing she cannot have it back, with what drastic path will she enact to keep her family intact? And will each family member remember to cut each other slack? I mean.. After Elijah's heart attack, I hope that Eli can try to bridge the gap, a gap that he created in fact between he and Nik... and like a bridge I hope Nik can get over it. So... In review, I don't know about you, but I hope as my first post this'll do. I hope you watch out for 5/20 like I hope to.

-The Humble L.Q.

Last edited by Legendary Quandary; 05-15-2016 at 06:25 AM Reason: Poor choice of words
Old 05-15-2016, 07:07 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Anna (View Post)
I think Marcel was standing with one foot over the edge, but Elijah pushed him that last and final step. He might have taken the serum beforehand, but he didn't kill himself or have anyone kill him. He gave them the opportunity to change his mind, to make an effort to be better, and they disappointed him yet again. I'm not saying Marcel was right is his deception, but someone close to him died and not one person responsible even attempted to admit fault and apologize. I think Klaus was making some headway with Marcel, probably not enough to stop him from taking the plunge and changing, but maybe just enough to stop him from trying to kill him. Becoming this powerful beast didn't necessarily mean he would have been a threat to Klaus (probably Elijah for all the bitterness and Davina between them), but that was ruined on the bridge.

Also I don't think Marcel would be a good leader. Marcel doesn't do well with complete and utter power. He's great for the vampires, but I doubt he would play nicely with everyone else. I don't see Vincent being someone to bend to Marcel's will though. If anything he'll be regretting his decision to empower Marcel unless he can figure out a way to stop him or stopping him from targeting all the witches.
I don't agree with you completely. Because when all 3 was were on the bridge and Elijah told Klaus that Marcel had the serum, Marcel was saying he was going to kill them all. So, I can't fault or be made at what Elijah did but I wished it didn't happen. Also, I don't think Marcel is doing this all for Davina because Marcel is power hungry, and he's going after Kol as well (you know the man Davina loved - check out the preview for the next episode).
Old 05-15-2016, 09:50 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswellover73 (View Post)
I don't agree with you completely. Because when all 3 was were on the bridge and Elijah told Klaus that Marcel had the serum, Marcel was saying he was going to kill them all. So, I can't fault or be made at what Elijah did but I wished it didn't happen. Also, I don't think Marcel is doing this all for Davina because Marcel is power hungry, and he's going after Kol as well (you know the man Davina loved - check out the preview for the next episode).
I think it is about Davina. I'm sure it will turn into him wanting power and ruling all of NOLA, but right now it's about Davina. He blames Kol too. Despite the fact that Davina loved Kol and didn't blame him for any of it Marcel being a father figure does. He thinks that everything a mikaelson touches gets destroyed. He told Kol to leave town and the fact that he didn't (despite us knowing he really couldn't and he tried so hard to keep himself from hurting Davina) Marcel blames him for her death. That's why he lashed out at him when they couldn't bring her back. He holds Kol just as responsible as the rest of his siblings.

And on the bridge, my interpretation was that Marcel wasn't completely on board with taking out the mikaelsons. I think he wanted to be talked out of it. Otherwise he would have staked himself or had Vincent do it the moment he took the serum. I think he was fighting hard between what he thought of Klaus and what he felt for Klaus. I'm sure he already gave up on Elijah and was wanting him dead for his part in Davina's death, but he was always closer to Klaus and he knew if he took one brother down the other would come after him. Elijah sealed his fate. By trying to stop the prophecy they just made it happen anyway. Again this is just my opinion, but I would like to think Marcel hadn't come to any conclusions about the serum until Elijah showed up and changed the course of events.
Old 05-15-2016, 01:46 PM
New Fan

I think both marcel and elijah are to blame... anyway i hope that when klaus sees marcel, he is happy for him to be alive instead of fearing him, in that way i think marcel would think twice before doing anything he would regret... as much as i hope this though i do not think it will happen.