Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2016, 10:50 PM
Elite Fan

They are claiming it was discussed in the beginning of the season, but with how bitter Leah has been on twitter and the fact that she doesn't have any other projects in the works I'm thinking she was only aware of Camille becoming a vampire and not being permanently killed off. Basically unless a producer/writer/or Leah herself gets drunk enough to tweet about the true reasons I don't think we will ever know for sure .
Old 05-03-2016, 12:52 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Anna (View Post)
They are claiming it was discussed in the beginning of the season, but with how bitter Leah has been on twitter and the fact that she doesn't have any other projects in the works I'm thinking she was only aware of Camille becoming a vampire and not being permanently killed off. Basically unless a producer/writer/or Leah herself gets drunk enough to tweet about the true reasons I don't think we will ever know for sure .
Poor Leah, it sucks that she lost her job. I don't think she knew at the beginning of the season.

Please no hate, I always liked Cami/Leah.
Old 05-03-2016, 01:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswellover73 (View Post)
Poor Leah, it sucks that she lost her job. I don't think she knew at the beginning of the season.

Please no hate, I always liked Cami/Leah.
There's no hate in the discussion threads. I think she didn't know early on either, but she might've been informed that it may or may not happen.
Old 05-04-2016, 01:00 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Elsa (View Post)
There's no hate in the discussion threads.
speak for yourself cause i'm about to take a dump on this chic

first of all, she took WAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY too long to DIE. I was starting to feel like all my visits to church on sundays were a complete waste of my time, because no matter how much i prayed and restrained myself from sinning, my wish still wasn't coming true

gosh jeepers it took 3 years but it actually happened right when i was giving up, now finally her old chubby face is out of my SIGHT and i can enjoy the show without her ruining everything for once. i never understood why these characters had a nagging nanny telling them what to do all the time

REST IN PIECES
Old 05-04-2016, 02:44 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by not here for that (View Post)
speak for yourself cause i'm about to take a dump on this chic

first of all, she took WAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY too long to DIE. I was starting to feel like all my visits to church on sundays were a complete waste of my time, because no matter how much i prayed and restrained myself from sinning, my wish still wasn't coming true

gosh jeepers it took 3 years but it actually happened right when i was giving up, now finally her old chubby face is out of my SIGHT and i can enjoy the show without her ruining everything for once. i never understood why these characters had a nagging nanny telling them what to do all the time

REST IN PIECES
This is your final warning or I will start deleting your posts in this board.

You are more than welcome to visit the anti threads
Old 05-06-2016, 01:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Truthisbeauty I loved Davina from the first season....No one living knew for a fact that the ritual would work and the girls would come back. They just were overzealous believers. Davina fought back and I fell in love with her strength and determination. She wasn't afraid to go against those who were more powerful than her. Her character was fleshed out and developed outside of someone else....Now for Kol/Davina...I loved that Davina hated the originals for everything they had done to her and the people she loved yet felt an undeniable attraction and connection to Kol, who was an original, but also an outcast with his family.
Thanks for your thoughtful post. I did like Davina first season, although I still think they could have fleshed her out more, but especially so S2 her relationship with Kol. I didn't get when I was watching (perhaps upon a rewatch?) that she liked him for being an outsider, but that's a good point. I also don't remember much anger at him for lying to her (more than once, I think) which is big for her, because her mother and the coven lied to the girls. I think they actually believed in the Harvest (except for Sophie, at first) but it was the fact that they lied about killing the girls that really made Davina break with them, when they could have just told the girls the truth and given them the opportunity to "have faith" Also, I thought some of her need for vengeance against Klaus in S2 took a backseat to Kol's. Of course, Kol is an "original" as in the title. Still, it's confusing when the writers have such a serpentine plot and have characters mad at each other one minute then helping each other the next!

Quote:
In contrast Camille, for me, always struck me as boring and very shallow in terms of character development....I feel like the writers told us what she was and never actually showed us who she was (if that makes sense). She quite literally was created for Klaus and never really seemed to develop any real connections with the other characters that I could believe because the writers barely showed her with anyone else (aside from Vincent)....
That's a good point. I do think the writers did more telling than showing of Cami's "goodness". I liked when she had to listen to Klaus and discover things he did, I think that was important to Klaus's character. However, they did gloss over that she must have known about some of the more horrible things he did, yet easily forgave him.

Actually, I have to disagree about Cami's interactions with other characters--I thought she did a lot. I liked her friendship with Davina, for instance. It didn't help that she didn't participate in the main supernatural action most times though.

I think Davina is more of a major character than Cami was, and as such needs more development. Of course, if C was important to Klaus's character, why was she not major? Maybe as in the story, all but the Mikaelsons are expendable.

Last edited by Truthisbeauty; 05-06-2016 at 04:57 PM Reason: clarification
Old 05-06-2016, 10:58 PM
Master Fan

You don't have to be a "major" character in order to be important to a lead or at least become an impact on his development. I think the whole point of Camille's last moments was to show how her purpose was complete and therefore they saw no need to keep her anymore after reaching that goal (because they don't know how to write these characters lbr)

Also technically they did make her major for awhile in the first half of this season, although that was just leading up to her death the whole time.
Old 05-07-2016, 08:25 AM
Elite Fan

Truthisbeauty I know she was supposed to have relationships with everyone, Davina included. My issue is that those relationships were barely shown. We had a few moments in s1 with real depth and then s2 she fetched them coffee while they were trying to work on a spells . Then s3 they dropped those other relationships completely.

It's not just Camille that the writers screwed over in the maintaining friendship dept, but it was just very noticeable with her for me. She was already very under developed and any sort of character growth that could have been gained through friendships with other characters was given up after a few episodes. They only character that was a constant for her aside from Klaus was Vincent and I think that was more about not knowing what to do with his character either so they plopped them together .

Davina and the girls all knew about the Harvest and believed in it. They were told though that during the ritual they would have just pricked their finger on a knife and fallen into a dead sleep until the Reaping happened which would bring them back to life. Which, we all know, was a lie because they ended up slitting the girl's throats to complete the ritual. Davina ran because who wants their throat slit? and also since they lied about the details of the ritual she was afraid she would also stay dead and not be brought back to life.

As for her relationship with the originals/Klaus, I don't think they ever became pals, but when they had similar interests (like Kol) or could use each other to get what they wanted they weren't above co-operating with each other. I think Davina and Klaus had a very interesting relationship in that they actually worked really well together, but because of all the hate and animosity between them there was really no way they could ever become friends. I agree though that it gets confusing when one minute characters hate each other and are out for blood and then the next they're working together to achieve a common goal.
Old 05-07-2016, 12:34 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by milesr (View Post)
In TVD silas drank the cure from katherines blood, couldn't cami drink all of auroras blood? as she then died she would have became as lucien, i was pretty sure they were heading at that direction don't know why.
Good thinking. I'm surprised they couldn't do something like this. Even comatose, the female villain doesn't have much to do lol (until the next episode anyway). One minute Freya can pull spells out of the air, the next, she throws up her hands. Too much pressure perhaps. This is what happens when the writers abuse magic as a plot device lol. And when they want a character dead, regardless.
Old 04-16-2018, 12:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Wow, as a Cami fan, this episode was heartbreaking! I dont want her to die. And it’s totally unfair because as a Klaus/Cami fan we sort of got the shaft. I mean, yes, they had some great scenes, but we didn’t even get to see them together. I wish she hadn’t been turned and instead we got to see them as a couple for a while or something. I’m so irritated that couples can never be happy on this show or TVD.

Klaus’ face when he saw that Cami was bit… Wow, that hurt. Great acting from Joseph there. YAY CAMI TOLD HIM SHE LOVED HIM!!! And when he picked her up. sfdsfdsfdsfds. I love them so much. Their scenes in the episode were SO DANG ADORABLE. Klaus sitting at her side and helping her picture the perfect day was the sweetest thing ever. They were holding hands! But that moment definitely made it obvious she was going to die. I’m so pissed that they didn’t even get a last kiss though? Like, what the hell? We only got a few. I’m pissed.

But wow that death scene was sad…. I definitely teared up. I am so sad. Poor Klaus too.

Seeing everyone cry and seeing Vincent so upset was really sad too.

The ending with Kol and Davina was shocking but did they have to taint Cami’s episode with that?
Old 04-16-2018, 10:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

This episode was so unfortunate.

But next episode will make you feel a little better...I think.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 08-19-2019, 01:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

cami was never a fave of mine.