Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2014, 07:26 AM
Elite Fan

The Originals 2x06: "Wheel Inside The Wheel" Discussion. Airs November 10th, 8PM EST

The Originals 2x06: Wheel Inside The Wheel

November 10th@ 8:00pm Eastern
Description: A FAMILY BUILT ON SECRETS AND LIES — Fed up with her antics, Klaus (Joseph Morgan) becomes agitated and demands that Esther (guest star Sonja Sohn) release Elijah (Daniel Gillies), whom she has captured. However, Esther reveals a few dark secrets from Klaus’ past in an attempt to make him an offer he can’t refuse. Meanwhile, Oliver (guest star Chase Coleman) ends up in a dangerous situation, prompting Hayley (Phoebe Tonkin) to reconnect with Jackson (guest star Nathan Parsons), who has been living a new life out in the bayou. Elsewhere, Cami (Leah Pipes), who still believes baby Hope’s death was her fault, teams up with Marcel (Charles Michael Davis) and Gia (guest star Nishi Munshi) after she becomes suspicious of her faculty advisor Vincent (guest star Yusuf Gatewood). Lastly, in a surprising turn of events, Klaus comes face-to-face with a visitor from his past.
Written by:Michael Russo & Michael Narducci

PROMO:

RULES:

+ Some of you may not like everything about the episode. Please try to be constructive when you are criticizing something.
+ Do not insult actors. Please stay positive.
+ Respect each other's ships.
+ Do not post anything that is consider a spoiler until the show airs at Eastern time in the USA.
+ Enjoy!
Old 11-10-2014, 06:55 PM
Master Fan

Where's the party? Was it that bad...lol
Old 11-10-2014, 07:13 PM
Obsessed Fan

I am getting really, really annoyed with Esther. How many times does that woman have to die? She has never been a foe that holds much interest, and now it's completely overplayed.

Can we introduce Supernatural lore here? Just salt the bones and then cut her goddamn head off... :p
Old 11-10-2014, 07:13 PM
Master Fan

it was aight...

apparently, now, Finn, according to her, likes Cami...

And while it was interesting I guess meeting Klaus real dad... the fact that Esther is worried about someone else coming back from the dead and coming for them all.... may I ask one question?

What is the bloody hell point of anyone dying? I imagine that this means that WTF, was his name...Silas? Is going to pop up at some point? Seriously?

What was Klaus dad doing on the other side for ONE THOUSAND YEARS? Just chilling? Hanging with some bros?

Finn / Kol / Esther... fine, I can accept that. But he was chilling for 1000 years? Other characters were said to have moved on and don't come back but this dude's been dead a thousand years and its just peachy....

the actor was alright... and I'm sure tot hem it fits the story. but he'd be dead a thousand years. It just seems weird that he'd be waiting that damn long. Cause once people find peace on the other side, don't they move on? Didn't hat happen with Anna and her mom? I think that's what happened... its so confusing right now...

although, while I do enjoy Klaus caring for people and having feelings not related to murder and everything.... it was good to see him actually letting out his other side and not being a complete simpering puppy.

I mean, cause couldn't Davina then have brought back her friends and what not, since she was a freaking all powerful witch last season. if that's all it takes and she had Esther's spell book... I mean... I don't get it. So on TVD Stefan could have just compelled some powerful witches and brought Bonnie and Damon back? I don't watch that anymore but I'm trying to find consistency and failing. Someone, please, enlighten me.

Last edited by bonnie51; 11-10-2014 at 07:18 PM
Old 11-10-2014, 07:15 PM
Master Fan

It was confusing, messy and some of the plot twists were just awful.

Ok so here we go:

No Davina, Josh, Koleb or Mikael and that just takes a few points from the ep.

Cami was trying to help, have no idea how Finn bought her act cause she was very obvious, not that I care much.

Finn/Vincent was barely there and only interacting with Cami so we can pass him.

Elijah was sleeping, I guess these eps count for eps 2-4 last season when Daniel was busy with Saving Hope and had to take a break from TO? cause he had two scenes where he was just hanging there.

Marcel was kinda useful, didn't mind him this episode.

Gia was cool.

Hayley was trying to be useful but she had like 2 scenes with Jackson and then rescuing Oliver just for him to die anyway? it was all so pointless and obviously there just for us to meet Klaus' daddy.

Talking about the man, I so do not need him around? also why is he back in his original body? I thought the excuse from the producers was that Esther COULDN'T bring Kol/Finn back in their original bodies just like she couldn't keep her original body but apparently, is simply that she doesn't WANT TO because that means they'd be vampires again and she wants to keep them all witches/humans? except for Klaus, she tells him in this ep that she wants him to be in a werewolf body.

We get to see Freya, I think she's supposed to be Finn's twin? and we get to know what really happened to her, not sure if this means there's a chance we'll get to see her in present (I don't think so, since Esther didn't keep her, unless the other bitch decided to make Freya a vampire too for some reason? and they want to bring her since Claire is not in the show anymore? hopefully not.)

Now we know that Esther was just trying to prevent a worse evil by killing Hope, also works for a good reason to make her children "invincible" as vampires but I dunno man... I liked the idea of having Esther as the evil boss ass bitch in the show? now we're supposed to understand her motives, maybe even agree with her and we'll have a different bitch trying to kill everyone just because... I mean Esther still screwed up and she's still twisted and an awful mother, but I wanted her and Mikael to be the MAIN villains and it seems they're trying to bring a bigger villain than them and meh.

Klaus/Joseph was great, I enjoyed his scenes with Esther and I really loved that moment where he's asking Elijah to wake up
Old 11-10-2014, 07:21 PM
Master Fan

Whoa ho ho ho, Klaus' dad showed up, the main thing I've been wanting to see since day one, and I missed it? Figures. What's his name?
Old 11-10-2014, 07:22 PM
Master Fan

I agree about the other main villain.... and it would be interesting IMO if there was a more , uh, main bad guy who wasn't someone who was somehow backed from the dead? I know we had Francesca but I mean, seriously? that was never going to last long.

Esther, Mikael, Davina's bitchy friend, Celeste, Genevieve, Tunde, Bastianna?....

I know it'd take some, uh, GASP, creative writing... but maybe introduce something we haven't seen yet? or someone?

I'm kind of over the whole " some other BAMF is coming back from the dead" at this point.

How about some other BAMF is alive and never died and is coming to town? I mean, Marcel brought Tunde to New Orleans when he was alive, etc.... someone.

Ansel.... which is really kind of lame. I mean, Esther's a witch and they name him Ansel? Seriously. Hansel and Gretel? Witches? I mean.... it's kind of clever... I guess.
Old 11-10-2014, 07:24 PM
Obsessed Fan

Recycle, recycle, recycle...
Old 11-10-2014, 07:27 PM
Master Fan

I know, they keep bringing bitches back from the dead and seems like Esther was literally going all Oprah on everyone since she knew the other side was going to puff. "You get your body back, you get a new body, EVERYONE GETS A NEW BODY!"

Old 11-10-2014, 07:30 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie51 (View Post)
What was Klaus dad doing on the other side for ONE THOUSAND YEARS? Just chilling? Hanging with some bros?

Finn / Kol / Esther... fine, I can accept that. But he was chilling for 1000 years? Other characters were said to have moved on and don't come back but this dude's been dead a thousand years and its just peachy....
Not always. Rebekah's hunter boyfriend hung around the other-side for like 900 years. So people don't always find peace I guess.
Old 11-10-2014, 07:30 PM
Master Fan

Ugh she died before giving Finn and Kol their bodies back, ugh
Old 11-10-2014, 07:31 PM
Master Fan

^^^^

nope....Esther's alive and well. She was talking to Finn at the end of the episode. She doesn't want to put Finn/Kol back in their bodies since they'd be vampires, I imagine.
Old 11-10-2014, 07:32 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by flora the mermaid (View Post)
Whoa ho ho ho, Klaus' dad showed up, the main thing I've been wanting to see since day one, and I missed it? Figures. What's his name?
think his name was Ansel. .. played by Lloyd Owen

ok so some of my fav lines from the ep:

"For all I care you can crawl back to Hell" - Klaus

"Look, if I've offended you... wait until I stab you in the throat with a mystical object." -Cami

"I will kill you -- in this body and any other body that you jump into from now until bloody armageddon." - Klaus

"For a thousand years, you've been a paranoid, homicidal, narcissistic jerk-pants. How's that working out for you?" -- Esther
Old 11-10-2014, 07:36 PM
Master Fan

the show has worked itself a nice possible out if Daniel ever leaves / if Claire never comes back permanetely...

they can "accept" Esther's offer and be transferred to another body.

it would be REALLY REALLY REALLY REALL REALLY stupid if that thought had ever crossed their minds before but I guess from their POV if they had thought of it... it would be a way that they could sell it, I guess.

Again... IMO, it'd be completely stupid and I doubt DG would leave but... you never know.
Old 11-10-2014, 07:37 PM
Obsessed Fan

This is the problem with all fantasy that does not endeavor to take on the responsibility of defining a strict ruleset of how its world operates, and thus, in a sense, become more like true science fiction. The setting can be used to cheat the series premises at every turn, and there is no mistake the writers make that can't be solved by it. It takes away so much satisfaction from the storylines.

No victory or defeat is final. No deaths and no heartbreaks can be taken seriously. Mikael is dead and we want to use him? Magic him alive. We wanna meet Klaus' father who has been dead for a thousand years, has no name and has never been seen on the series? Magic him alive too. People are sad when we don't want them to? Magic them happy. They are happy? Magic them sad. We never get any sense of urgency or danger.

This is the reason I can't accept The Originals as serious fiction. It doesn't mean I can't enjoy it from time to time. The acting can be nice. I can enjoy the characters and their interactions. However, that is all.

Last edited by Telepath; 11-10-2014 at 08:06 PM