Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2014, 11:31 AM
Master Fan

The Originals 1x19 "An Unblinking Death" Episode Discussion

The Originals 1x19: An Unblinking Death

April 22nd, 2014 @ 8:00 p.m. Eastern

Description : THE BREAKING POINT— Desperate to help Kieran (guest star Todd Stashwick), Cami (Leah Pipes) insists on an unconventional treatment, but her good intentions lead Kieran to a violent episode. After Klaus (Joseph Morgan) and Elijah (Daniel Gillies) disagree over the best way to handle the Crescent Wolves, Elijah makes a trip to the bayou, where he is witness to a horrific explosion that only adds to the hatred and mistrust among the communities. While Jackson (guest star Nathan Parsons) and Elijah work to save the wounded, Hayley (Phoebe Tonkin) learns a surprising piece of her family history from Marcel (Charles Michael Davis).

PROMO:

RULES :

+ Some of you may not like everything about the episode. Please try to be constructive when you are criticizing something.
+ Do not insult characters/actors. Please stay positive.
+ Respect each other's ships.
+ Do not post anything that is consider as spoilers until the show airs at Eastern time in the USA.
+ Enjoy!

Last edited by soldier of affinity; 04-21-2014 at 01:07 PM
Old 04-21-2014, 12:58 PM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for opening, Flora!
Old 04-21-2014, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Thanks for starting the thread, Flora.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 04-22-2014, 06:31 PM
Master Fan

well that was BORING but at least Mikael looks promising next week. Nice to know from the promo that they're connecting with the other side drama on TVD.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:10 PM
Master Fan

maybe there would be a way to have it as a way for Mikael, Esther, Kol, Finn, etc... to come back to the show?

And have more "Originals" on "the Originals"?

Cause they're interactions with the various factions and Klaus/Elijah in New Orleans / possibly along with a baby (if it survives) and Klaus somewhat working to connect with his paternal side of the family...

it could be interesting.

I wonder what Mikael means by "Selfish boy?" the baby? Just in general?
Old 04-22-2014, 08:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

I'm really over the wolves storyline now...can we go back to when they weren't around, please? Lately, it's like the show should be renamed The Crescent Wolves...because they seem to be more important that Elijah and Klaus at the moment.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 04-22-2014, 09:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always Choose You (View Post)
I'm really over the wolves storyline now...can we go back to when they weren't around, please? Lately, it's like the show should be renamed The Crescent Wolves...because they seem to be more important that Elijah and Klaus at the moment.
I totally agree, once Rebekah left it has become all about these smelly looking hill billy clans who have bad teeth and annoying accents. Hayley can not make me love them and they do not make me love Hayley (although I don't mind her) which is clearly the writers intention with this crescent storyline, them hoping that Hayley's connection with them will make viewers love both her and the wolves.

Oh and I'm rly sick of those corny awkward baby jokes, if they do it again I just might ship a diaper to Plecs PO box with a note inside that says "put your writing in here since it's schitt"
Old 04-22-2014, 09:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by flora the mermaid (View Post)
I totally agree, once Rebekah left it has become all about these smelly looking hill billy clans who have bad teeth and annoying accents. Hayley can not make me love them and they do not make me love Hayley (although I don't mind her) which is clearly the writers intention with this crescent storyline, them hoping that Hayley's connection with them will make viewers love both her and the wolves.

Oh and I'm rly sick of those corny awkward baby jokes, if they do it again I just might ship a diaper to Plecs PO box with a note inside that says "put your writing in here since it's schitt"
Yeah, we need Rebekah back and then a lot of Rebekah/Elijah/Klaus scenes and storylines...'cause they're the originals and the show is named after them.

I like Hayley but honestly the whole wolves storyline and the way she acts around them...I kind of falter between liking her and somewhat wanting to slap her. The wolves storyline is definitely not helping Hayley, in my opinion. I liked her and still like her a lot better when she had and has scenes with Rebekah, Elijah, and Klaus. Other than that, I'm not as interested as I usually am.

Add my name to that note because I completely agree. It weirds me out most times when they're mentioned...

{taek su mi sun}
Old 04-23-2014, 01:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always Choose You (View Post)
disagree... I can't care much for Jackson but I do like the wolves... its a little different and interesting. and since it appears that they are getting Hayley in some form or another into the "Original family" then it was wise to give into that back story in order to do that, if that is indeed in their goals
Old 04-24-2014, 06:44 AM
Total Fan

Klaus was such a sweetheart this past episode and I loved it. This is weird.

Old 04-24-2014, 08:02 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie51 (View Post)
disagree... I can't care much for Jackson but I do like the wolves... its a little different and interesting. and since it appears that they are getting Hayley in some form or another into the "Original family" then it was wise to give into that back story in order to do that, if that is indeed in their goals
All of the wolves are terribly boring tbh.
Old 04-24-2014, 01:12 PM
Loyal Fan

The wolves aren't great but I think the writers had to have Elijah and Klaus pick a side otherwise there would be no conflict as such you'd just have a bunch of factions snapping at the heels of two original vampires who could not be killed.
By picking a side it gives the writers something to have the other factions go at. Presumably Elijah and Klaus will be focussed on getting the wolf moonlight rings sorted which will be the catalyst for the other factions to take issue over - providing a focus for the conflict for the last few eps.
That and the baby of course
Old 03-28-2018, 04:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Not the most interesting episode of the bunch. All the wolf drama is just sort of boring to me. Not surprised the blonde dude had something to do with it.

I did like watching Klaus help Cami with her uncle. Their scenes were so sweet. It sucks that Keiron had to die. It was nice that Klaus allowed Marcel to come back to burry him.

Hayley was pretty BA this episode. It was cool to see Marcel and Hayley interacting.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

It was alright.

{taek su mi sun}