Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2016, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucrezia Borgia (View Post)
I know, right!? I was really looking forward to seeing all of them!
I was as well! It would have been awesome to see the development of all of them during Season 2 besides all the Crane family drama.
I think making Jeremy turn out to be Crane son ended up as a horrible storyline.

In the end, it just felt like everything had to be tied with Crane. Even Abraham being Crane former BFF... and i think that's when the downhill sort of started because during the war with Abraham I was actually TeamAbraham.
Old 05-29-2016, 03:00 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)
I was as well! It would have been awesome to see the development of all of them during Season 2 besides all the Crane family drama.
I think making Jeremy turn out to be Crane son ended up as a horrible storyline.

In the end, it just felt like everything had to be tied with Crane. Even Abraham being Crane former BFF... and i think that's when the downhill sort of started because during the war with Abraham I was actually TeamAbraham.
I wholeheartedly agree with all you just said! It was kinda lame, that Jeremy was Crane's son. It felt forced or it didn't fit. I don't know.
Old 05-30-2016, 11:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It didn't fit. I just never connected with the storyline and never really found it authentic or touching or anything.
Old 05-30-2016, 12:08 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)
It didn't fit. I just never connected with the storyline and never really found it authentic or touching or anything.
Same here. I just felt, that it was so out of place that it was somewhat absurd. But then the writing of s2 was really bad all the way. John Noble is a great actor and could have been utilized successfully, if the script wasn't so awful.
Old 05-30-2016, 03:09 PM
New Fan

They decided Jeremy was War, and Crane's son, before they even started filming S1.

Before the pilot ever aired, the showrunners expected the attraction of the show would be the supernatural aspect, the historical connections, and primarily the 'man out of time' thing. They never did figure out that they had another X-Files--a show that lived or died not on the strength of its plot, but on the strength of the interactions of its two main characters.

Take away the last 5 minutes of the season 1 finale, leave Henry as a supporting part of team Witness, and they would have had a far better show going forward. But the way they ended season 1 practically forced them to focus on Crane, Katrina and Jeremy for most of S2. And that in turn led to Tom wanting a reduced workload in S3, and Nicole wanting off altogether--which gave us a S3 where the show often seemed to forget who the leads were supposed to be.

And now we're facing a S4 that may well only make sense to people who've seen nothing before it.
Old 05-30-2016, 06:08 PM
Dedicated Fan

Okies, I didn't know that. The writing was poor in s2, tho. IMHO. I agree with what you just said. I fear s4 will be just that, unrelated to anything in previous seasons.
Old 05-30-2016, 06:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Even if it was planned, it should've been done better on the show.
Old 05-30-2016, 06:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

And it could have been much better, given the fact they had a good actor in the role.
Old 05-30-2016, 09:04 PM
Obsessed Fan

I think Jeremy Crane was a mistake from the jump - right at the concept. They should've left it with Abraham as the Horseman of Death being the only one personally connected to Crane. Fitting twist to the original short story. The kid was overkill.

I never bought into any kind of familial dynamic with Mison, Noble or Winter.

It's ironic that what turned out to be the "fake" character, Henry Parrish, was far more interesting and would've been so much better for the show in the long run as a recurring character.

~Kat
Old 05-30-2016, 09:49 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCheshireKitten (View Post)
I think Jeremy Crane was a mistake from the jump - right at the concept. They should've left it with Abraham as the Horseman of Death being the only one personally connected to Crane. Fitting twist to the original short story. The kid was overkill.

It's ironic that what turned out to be the "fake" character, Henry Parrish, was far more interesting and would've been so much better for the show in the long run as a recurring character.
It certainly was an overkill. And it showed. The plot was questionable at best. Henry Parrish I liked myself, too. He was interesting at first.
Old 06-01-2016, 02:26 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by taplandia (View Post)
Sleepy Hollow interviews from Comic Con:
Tom Mison Wants Donald Trump On Sleepy Hollow
as the next horsemen?
Old 06-01-2016, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCheshireKitten (View Post)

I completely agree. Even if they had the idea, sometimes writing is about adapting and changing. Off the back of my head, here goes shows I remember changing things because they adapted.

Friends - Monica and Chandler romance on Friends wasn't suppose to be long lasting but the fan feedback was so strong that it became as great and epic as it was. The adapting to what was great worked for the best.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer /Angel - Darla was Vampire Girl #1... Julie Benz was so great, she became Darla and made Angel show a whole lot more better. A non planned character worked for the show.

Arrow - Fan feedback made the writers keep Felicity, and now she's the main female character on the show.

Sometimes you have to adapt and be willing to change.
Jeremy was a mess. Making Season 2: The Crane Family Drama Adventures was a mess.