Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-25-2014, 10:20 AM
Dedicated Fan

Spoiler:
Old 10-25-2014, 11:23 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhoney (View Post)
Spoiler:
Hmm.

Spoiler:
Old 10-25-2014, 11:25 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Spoiler:
Thanks for the spoilers. Very interesting.

Spoiler:
Old 10-25-2014, 11:51 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Spoiler:
Damn this spoiler....I guess what happens

Spoiler:

This show...
Old 10-25-2014, 12:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Spoiler:

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 10-25-2014, 12:48 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalcyonDays (View Post)
Damn this spoiler....I guess what happens

Spoiler:

This show...
Spoiler:
Old 10-25-2014, 07:25 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behrable dream (View Post)
Thanks for the spoilers. Very interesting.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 10-25-2014, 10:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubie (View Post)
Hmm.

Spoiler:
I knew they were going to have Nick wanting Abbie but that doesnt mean Abbie will return his feelings atleast not in that way. It will just cause more conflict between the Mill sisters.
Old 10-25-2014, 11:22 PM
Obsessed Fan

While I'm open to the idea of Abbie and Nick I do not want a triangle, at all. I rather Abbie and Nick stay friends and be only together in fanfics where Nick never had aromantic relationship with Jenny. Jenny already resents Abbie because Abbie is a witness and I don't want anything else to come between the sisters, least of a man. That would be so messed up.
Spoiler:

Icon by Me
Old 10-26-2014, 09:48 AM
Dedicated Fan

I dont want a triangle either. Jenny and Abbie have enough problems without a man coming between them. Also it definitely takes away the meaning in either relationship to have Nick bouncing back and forth from sister to sister--makes him look sleazy and makes the sisters look cheap. :p

P.S. In re to Blackhoney's spoiler, I fear this is going to cause a lot of drama on the in-ter-net. Thinking when these episodes air it might be wise to stay away from the scary places for awhile, lol.
Old 10-26-2014, 10:41 AM
Passionate Fan

^ hopefully

Spoiler:

No one wants to see a triangle

As far as the second part ...... yes I agree, if that comes true too, well the internet may very well break that day
Old 10-26-2014, 10:46 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I dont want a triangle either. Jenny and Abbie have enough problems without a man coming between them. Also it definitely takes away the meaning in either relationship to have Nick bouncing back and forth from sister to sister--makes him look sleazy and makes the sisters look cheap. :p
Before the season started I suspected that from the way Nick’s character was described, it would probably be shown in the beginning that he was the one that was more interested in some type of romantic relationship with Abbie than the other way around but once I read that he had a romantic past with Jenny, I figured that the writers would most likely show it as Jenny/Nick still having some type of feelings for each other (maybe only physical or maybe more) but Jenny was probably more likely to want to still pursue it but at this time he would be more intrigued with the possibility of having something with Abbie & this would play into the writers using it as some other issue between the Mills sisters.

If there is one thing that is for certain about male writers connected to Sci-fi/fantasy shows is that they are so extremely predictable when it comes to certain things because a lot of them even admit to falling into that stereotype of boys who when growing up had few friends, spent most of their lives in their rooms reading comic books & playing video games nonstop, got picked on/beat up in school, never had a real girlfriend until very late after puberty, never got the girl that most guys want to even look in their direction, etc. That’s why most of them will always talk about how much they love the character of Hans Solo & at some point in their shows will have their version of him added to the cast of characters because that particular character will allow them to live out those childhood fantasies of theirs that they always wished they had & for them to have had the personality & looks of a character they wished were opposite of their own. A man being in between two beautiful sisters fits right in with these type of fantasies.

The idea of siblings falling for the same man/woman has been done many times before on tv/movies, so Sleepy Hollow wouldn’t be breaking any new ground here with The Mills sisters if they chose to play that out in any form. Also, the possibility of a relationship between Nick/Jenny being drawn to each other because they are cut from the same cloth while Nick/Abbie being drawn to each other because opposites attract has also been portrayed before, so that isn’t anything new either. The issues with why some people have really been turned off from this storyline is because 1.) a lot of people can’t even picture Abbie & Jenny having the same type & 2.) even if some people can see Jenny with a guy that is similar to her/Nick type of character, they can’t really picture her with this particular version of a Nick type of character & even though some people can picture Abbie being drawn to someone who has a different personality from her, they can’t really she why she would even eventually be drawn to this character one day & while for some Nick is attractive they also don’t really see a character like Abbie being attracted to him on even a purely physical level.

So for a lot of people, this storyline is like it is being written from the frame of reference of writers who want to tell a story even if they need to make the characters OOC to make it happen. Character driven storylines that work within the plot are always better than plot driven storylines that require characters to adapt to them to make the story work. For some viewers it doesn’t really matter if the writers decide to not pursue the Jenny/Nick angle any further & only go with the Abbie/Nick angle in the future or vice versa. The storyline will always be problematic when looking at why the writers would even think this was a good idea because if they even slightly took into account how they choose to write Abbie & Jenny from the beginning, then the Nick possibility shouldn’t have even been an idea that entered their minds in the first place. Some viewers can’t really get on board with this storyline in a romantic sense either way because it has already been unnecessarily tainted but they can still accept Nick/Abbie interacting only on a platonic level & that includes even if nothing more happens with him & Jenny.
Old 10-26-2014, 12:57 PM
Passionate Fan

Yellow rose I always appreciate your commentary and I agree that Nick/Abbie has already been unnecessarily tainted. If they can find some way around it, I would still be on board, but then they has to go and show Nick/Jenny actually kissing. I don't think they can come back from that to make Nick/Abbie viable in the eyes of Abbie fans.

And it unnecessarily places Nick in a bad light and his character just started. Ineligible most of the viewers are women, so it would have been prudent of the writers to consider their audience before introducing a sister/boy/sister angle.
Old 10-26-2014, 04:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yes, I agree Nick kissing Jenny back and mooning/flirting with Abbie paints him as a ladies man and pretty much solidifies everything Ichabod has heckled him for, lol.

I like Nick and I like Abbie, and Jenny, but yeah I guess based on what we've seen Im not rooting for any of them to get together. Maybe Jenny and Nick would be fine because they have a history (unless he's going after Abbie too and then Jenny doesn't deserve a two timer) but Nick thus far has basically only shown an interest in Abbie because she's given him the cold shoulder and comes off as a challenge--which he likes. I have seen nothing on Abbie's end that says she has more interest in Nick or wants to be anything more than a friendly acquaintance/ally.

I wish they wouldn't have tackled the romantic stuff so soon. Flirting yes, he is great at flirty, but romance not. It might have given Nick a better chance to work his way into viewers hearts but yeah they played his hand early. Part of me wonders if they are kicking this stuff off so fast, is Nick long for this world? Or show?
Old 10-26-2014, 05:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

According to Goffman, a Nickabbie relationship is way off in the future. Hell, he didn't even call it a relationship, just said Hawley would be the one to show Abbie a good time and help her relax and live a little. Said, her trusting him is basically going to take a while.
I'm still skeptical about whether they intend to give Abbie a real love interest or not. We know in a future episode Crane will question Nicks's intentions towards the Leftenant, but that doesn't equal a relationship. I wanna see Abbie get the same loving Crane is gonna get. As it stands, Abbie is the only female cast member that hasn't been kissed.
I think the writer/producers are scared to give Abbie a REAL relationship.