Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-27-2016, 11:35 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)
Oh....
I thought you were talking about a show called, "Go Where I Send Thee..." I didn't know you were talking about a Sleepy Hollow episode. lol

That's funny.

I figured my meaning would be clear, but apparently not.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 05-27-2016, 06:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I guess that one is on me.
I thought he had some good potential when he first appeared on the show.
Old 05-29-2016, 12:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

I quite liked Matt's performance in SH.
Old 05-29-2016, 01:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I just felt the story with the two sisters didn't work for me. First it seemed like he was going to be brought in as Abbie's love interest and then he was Jenny's...
Old 05-29-2016, 03:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I just felt the story with the two sisters didn't work for me. First it seemed like he was going to be brought in as Abbie's love interest and then he was Jenny's...
I totally agree.
Old 05-30-2016, 03:54 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucrezia Borgia (View Post)
I totally agree.
You got it reversed; we're introduced to the idea that Hawley and Jenny have had a 'thing' in the past several episodes before the UST between him and Abbie - filtered through Crane - comes into play.

I would also point out that, in spite of "fan shipping", at no point did the showrunners/writers make Crane and Abbie's relationship anything other than platonic, so Crane's objections to Hawley come out of "older brother"-type protectiveness as much as anything else.
Old 05-30-2016, 06:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Actually I think when we heard of the writing of Nick, we all thought he was coming on the show as a love interest to Abbie, which is why I think a shipper thread was created between them and I think they shared a scene and then that's when the whole Hawley and Jenny thing happened which made a lot of fans not care much.

Oh also on the Crane/Abbie situation, the writers were playing Ichabbie shippers because they stated that Crane was in love with Abbie. I can give you the interviews from it as you want? Also Tom Mison said that Crane was in love with Abbie as well... although we all just thought he was shipping Ichabbie.
So us fans never took anything the wrong way, we took what the writers/producers/cast were telling us.

Even in Season 3, the show runner Clifton Campell said in I quote, ""I don't think there's ever been a question that he's in love with her ... But I don't think that anybody who looks at the two of them, particularly when they are looking at each other, can't see the unquestionable depths of their love for each other..."

Tom Mison during Season 2, "“It’s all about Abbie. He is completely in love with her.”

So I guess those quotes don't mean anything and we are just looking too much into it. Whether you believe it or not, the Ichabbie fans were lead on. If the writers didn't want them to be a pairing there is no reason to bait shippers and lie. If I was on the show and writing for the show and didn't want Crane and Abbie together romantically I wouldn't tell the fans, "Oh Crane is completely in love with her." just to keep fans waiting for them to be together.

I can find even more quotes to prove that us Ichabbie fans aren't outraged for no particular reason.
Old 05-30-2016, 08:23 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Actually I think when we heard of the writing of Nick, we all thought he was coming on the show as a love interest to Abbie, which is why I think a shipper thread was created between them and I think they shared a scene and then that's when the whole Hawley and Jenny thing happened which made a lot of fans not care much.

Oh also on the Crane/Abbie situation, the writers were playing Ichabbie shippers because they stated that Crane was in love with Abbie. I can give you the interviews from it as you want? Also Tom Mison said that Crane was in love with Abbie as well... although we all just thought he was shipping Ichabbie.
So us fans never took anything the wrong way, we took what the writers/producers/cast were telling us.

Even in Season 3, the show runner Clifton Campell said in I quote, ""I don't think there's ever been a question that he's in love with her ... But I don't think that anybody who looks at the two of them, particularly when they are looking at each other, can't see the unquestionable depths of their love for each other..."

Tom Mison during Season 2, "“It’s all about Abbie. He is completely in love with her.”

So I guess those quotes don't mean anything and we are just looking too much into it. Whether you believe it or not, the Ichabbie fans were lead on. If the writers didn't want them to be a pairing there is no reason to bait shippers and lie. If I was on the show and writing for the show and didn't want Crane and Abbie together romantically I wouldn't tell the fans, "Oh Crane is completely in love with her." just to keep fans waiting for them to be together.

I can find even more quotes to prove that us Ichabbie fans aren't outraged for no particular reason.
^ This!!! I agree 100%!
Old 05-30-2016, 10:03 PM
Absolute Fan

Showrunners and actors can say whatever they want, but what they say doesn't always match up with what ends up being presented onscreen, and between his pre-existing relationship with Katrina throughout all of Season 1 and much of Season 2 and his interest in Zoey during Season 3, there really isn't any onscreen evidence of the Ichabbie pairing being an actual thing even if the showrunners were publicly saying things to the contrary.

Regarding Hawley and Abbie, I'm judging based on what is presented onscreen, which is that his pre-existing romance with Jenny gets addressed several episodes before there's even the slightest hint of an attraction towards Abbie on his part.
Old 05-31-2016, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I actually think there was. Even with Zoey breaking up with Crane, she broke up with him because she thought she wasn't the right one for him but someone else (who we assumed was Abbie because of what us the fans were getting told) ....

Know what let's just forget it and stick on topic with Nick/Matt...

I didn't care for Nick with either sister so it didn't bother me.
Old 06-01-2016, 02:29 AM
Extreme Fan

Hawley could return as his long lost twin
Old 06-01-2016, 01:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by oraliax2 (View Post)
Hawley could return as his long lost twin

Definitely not.