Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-10-2016, 10:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Episode discussion 3.14 | Into The Wild {Airs March 11th}

An FBI team-building day tests Abbie and Sophie's survival skills when they confront a monster that could expose them to Reynolds. Meanwhile, Ichabod realizes he may have underestimated the importance of a symbol from the Catacombs; and Jenny and Joe learn the value of an item in their possession.
Old 03-11-2016, 07:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I sadly didn't focus much on this episode and it's probably because of my extreme multi-tasking during it. lol I'll probably re-watch it... I'll just review on my memory.

Sister Mountain climing. I loved it!
Wow the way Abbie went up that mountain climb! I'm assuming it has something to do with her timing at the caves.

Nice to have Sofia in with the supernatural for she could help cover some lies.

Aww this Reynolds and Abbie relationship... of course Reynolds is upset for nothing knowing the truth and Abbie can't really tell him the truth and we can't blame her seeing as who Daniel Reynolds boss is... I do enjoy anytime they share a scene though.

So sad that Abbie opened up about not having a romantic relationship anymore. And she gave Daniel some hope for their love life future.
I love Abbie repeating a quot to Daniel that Crane told her.

I love me some Crane/Abbie but I can have Abbie/Reynolds as a side ship.

Scary episode for Windogo Joe! happy that didn't last long.

Love how Crane found out Abbie was in trouble.

How ironic the ending was. Pandora didn't seem that pleased when the Hidden One said he was going to end the Witness... hmmm.
Old 03-11-2016, 07:59 PM
Part-Time Fan

Into the Wild

I loved this episode. Thus far, it is my favorite of the entire season. The Rock Wall with the Mill's Sisters and, Abbie, shutting down the condescending guy wanting to help her was great-- . Wow, Nicole Beharie and Lyndie Greenwood are in such great shape.. I can feel Pandora's resentment and growing anger at THO (I think Shannyn is awesome in this role). That wormy monster thing was so gross.
Finally, Abbie and, Danny are reaching an understanding--this was nice to see (Lance Gross is so fine and it was nice to see his character actually doing something--IMO, he's a great actor and has been under utilized)
I love Sophie, IMO, she and Abbie working together this episode was such a great pairing. I think Jessica Comancho plays her beautifully. I thought Joe turning into the Wendigo was frightening and glad it was not a full transformation, however, Jenny is not the least bit intimidated and is sticking by her Man
I love how, Abbie and Jenny are softening and letting down their guard a bit-- It's nice to see. Soooo the symbol--is not evil and is a tool of good for Abbie and Crane; that was enlightening. Crane, to the rescue; my heart skipped a beat; that whole scene IMO, was so romantic. The dark, the lighting, I am sure it was intentional--- whatever the intention, I thought is was awesome, he could see his partner was in trouble and he came running. I love Ichabbie so much!! IMO, you can feel the tension between them--something has changed--I think if they touch when both of them is not in trouble then we are going to see fireworks!! I can only hope!! I personally can't wait for next week--it looks like it is going to be incredible THO (not hidden any longer) and Pandora switching sides???????? I thought she might---. IMO, SH is becoming real interesting!!!!, I am really loving this show again.

Last edited by msgeemd; 03-11-2016 at 08:15 PM
Old 03-11-2016, 10:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Your favorite of the season. Yeah I'm going to re-watch it for I can appreciate the episode more and actually focus on it. lol
Old 03-12-2016, 01:25 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)
Your favorite of the season. Yeah I'm going to re-watch it for I can appreciate the episode more and actually focus on it. lol
LOL, Yep, for me it thus far it was. I personally liked the pace, character interaction and IMO, it was an action packed episode.
Old 03-12-2016, 12:05 PM
Passionate Fan

The last three episodes have been super great. I will be watching this one tonight and then commenting more.
Old 03-12-2016, 09:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

I missed the Abbie/Crane dynamic in this episode, but could appreciate the girl power mantra that Abbie/Jenny and then Abbie/Sophie carried over throughout the episode. Sophie makes a nice addition to the scooby gang.

Not a fan of the Abbie/Danny relationship though. Its taken me this long to come to this verdict and I have nothing against Danny personally, but together they are just so immature/dishonest and most importantly, lack trust which is fundamental in any relationship. And whether or not he'd make Crane jealous, I just dont care. Lets get over the love triangle caca and move on.

I did like the end when we found out the symbol wasnt evil but was a way for Abbie/Crane to potentially tele communicate. Hoping they can expand on this angle in a believable way.

All in all, it was a satisfactory episode. I did miss Abbie/Crane working together, but am chalking the experience up to absence making the heart grow fonder.
Old 03-13-2016, 05:22 AM
Passionate Fan

Aww Joe. So sorry that happened to him and I hope it does not continue. I don't have high hopes for that though. Windigo Joe = Windijoe. LOL Perfect.

The rock wall climbing girls were cool. LOL on Abby's bounding when she showed the man who wanted to help her. Couldn't you see those ropes pulling her up some?

When the Abby said she was tired and Danny took over for her that scene was not consistent because that group just got lost using a compass, and now they tell Abby to rest and catch up when she can. That was annoying and inconsistent.

The guts and maggot monster was creepy and fun to watch. It was a good looking monster of the week, of which I particularly enjoy. Not qutie sure where and why that monster happened to be there. Can anyone explain that to me? Thanks a head of time.

Abby's symbol, it is a cool step that it is too sided and comes apart. Magnets! Can't wait to learn more about it. I still think Abby is headed into a monster phase for herself at some point.
Old 03-13-2016, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgeemd (View Post)
LOL, Yep, for me it thus far it was. I personally liked the pace, character interaction and IMO, it was an action packed episode.
I still didn't re-watch it but hopefully i feel the same when I re-watch.
Old 03-13-2016, 03:35 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)
I still didn't re-watch it but hopefully i feel the same when I re-watch.
I should of prefaced my statement with this is my favorite episodes of the ones I've watched this season. I was so disappointed with SH after season 2, I just gave up on the entire show. I began watching again with "One Life" and have been watching ever since. So, of the ones I've seen this is my favorite.
Old 03-13-2016, 05:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgeemd (View Post)
Crane, to the rescue; my heart skipped a beat; that whole scene IMO, was so romantic. The dark, the lighting, I am sure it was intentional--- whatever the intention, I thought is was awesome, he could see his partner was in trouble and he came running. I love Ichabbie so much!! IMO, you can feel the tension between them--something has changed--I think if they touch when both of them is not in trouble then we are going to see fireworks!!
THIS!

No longer participates in ANY network television viewing. Thank Fox's handling of Sleepy Hollow.
Old 03-14-2016, 12:13 AM
New Fan

For some reason I’m still oddly optimistic about some sort of romantic development with Ichabbie happening this season. Admittedly there appears to be no time, especially with what seems to be a triangle looming about, but idk, it’s just a feeling. I might be a sunshine blower, but even after Abbie’s revelation to Danny at the end of the show, I’m still hopeful.

I didn’t get to comment last week, but she kissed his head. I felt like that scene needed to come with a warning because I wasn’t ready. OMG. Granted she almost let him die, but her holding him while I assume praying to that symbol, and then kissing his head was just sigh, I loved it. They’re so cute. I also liked that it seemed to open her eyes as to how far gone she was which prompted her to ask for help. That was huge for her imo.
I liked Into the Wild, I tend to enjoy the episodes that have more Crane and Abbie time but that’s not always feasible I guess. The sis bond time with Abbie and Jenny was great, and I loved Mista Mustcles checking out Abbie, just that little scene that tiny acknowledgement of the fact that Abbie is eye catchingly beautiful is all we’ve been asking for, then keep it moving, very simple.

I haven’t spoken much about Jenny and Joe because I wasn’t really feeling them in the beginning, their pairing felt very rushed, but I didn’t want to put forth active negativity towards a ship that others might really be enjoying when I was perfectly happy being indifferent about them, so I’ve been just that. But things have changed, twofold. One, I’m liking Jenny and Joe as a couple much, much more lately, I’ve always enjoyed the individual characters. The writing for them is cute and fun, the acting is good, and their relationship is becoming more believable, so I actually kind of like the pairing now. Two, that being said, my indifference is waning and I’m becoming actively tired of seeing them on my screen with light and cute moments that could very well be Ichabbie moments. Salt? Nope, none not a drop, shakes head vigorously. Shrugs, I’m not fazed. Look I’ll just admit it maybe…a little. Okay so I’m all kinds of salty lawry’s, mortin, Himalayan, I am saltier than my aunt Shirley’s greens and she salt the mess outta them things, just high blood pressure on a fork. Lot’s wife is on the list of things less saltier than me, but my salt is warranted. I know Abbie and Crane can’t be onscreen 24.7. I know that would be a great deal of work for TM and NB to carry the entire story, still I’d like to see more Ichabbie light and sweet, than Joenny light and sweet because at the end of the day they’re the character’s/pairing I’m interested in. I'm positive if we had more Ichabbie scenes like that I would be more receptive to Jenny/joe, so hopefully this feeling is temporary. Though I am really excited to see how Joe still having the wendigo inside of him is going to play out.

Still not off the ‘Is she evil or good’ fence about Sophia, but Jessica Camancho has been great. I still find it odd that Sophia’s like this weird blend of Abbie and Jenny, but she was freakin’ clutch this week coming to Abbie’s aid, and I really enjoyed their scenes together.
I think the writings been on the wall regarding Pandora and the Hidden one for a while. The way she looked at him when he was like I thought their kind heeded your word was priceless. I was dead. She looked at him like you have me out here naked, powerless, of course I got hurt *****ing Einstein. Stoked that the previews seem to imply she’ll be teaming up with team witness, I’ve been hoping for that.

Danny. Danny. Danny. Sigh. I’ve been all in for a triangle, honestly I still am and I love Lance Gross, but some of the things that transpired have me cooling off on Danny a bit. Hopefully he’s just backing off of Abbie because he’s trying to shield her from whatever aims the Director of the FBI has planned for her. If not, he’s too wishy washy, and wishy washy dudes give me the heebie jeebies. He came checking for her. He took a job in her town, that wasn’t accidental, if it was just business say that. That’s not what he’s said, nor what was alluded to when he was under the influence in The Lady from Caribee. There are feelings there. Clearly he’s hurt as evidenced by his I don’t give up on people comment, insinuating she does. But did he give her a reason not to give up on him. We know he didn’t tell her he loved her until recently, so if she left him and he didn’t give her reason not to whose fault is that. Even when she told him, hey you never said that you loved me, he was all I didn’t have to, uh it looks like you did. I was offended by his whole ‘I guess there’s no room for supporting players on the Abbie Mills show’ comment. Are you serious, like what is that supposed to mean? Again, what has Danny done to earn a role on the Abbie Mills show? I mean she has this whole action/horror/romance/war/comedy mash up thing going on and if he feels he’s earned a spot in all of that he should be direct and say it, his passive aggression is unbecoming. The audience certainly hasn’t seen anything showing us why he warrants a role on her show, and his dismissive tone when she tried to speak with him about their situation is all the more reason for her to hold open auditions and recast his a$$. It just seemed like he was implying that she was selfish which is a signal that he doesn’t really know her, even if he doesn’t know about all of the supernatural stuff, clearly she’s not selfish. So I’m kind of growing tired of him throwing jabs at her, and not really saying what’s on his mind, I mean he went through the trouble of moving to her town he might as well tell her how he feels. Last week he came looking for her, and now that she’s giving him a little peek he’s being super nonchalant about it, it’s off-putting.

So geeked about the symbol being connected to the tablet, and thus Ichabbie. I thought it was really neat that Ichabod could sense her and see that she was in trouble. More times than not it’s Abbie that comes to the rescue so it was a nice little change up. Not to mention how distraught he was to see she was in trouble. I was mush when he said sometimes the things we think will hurt us, ie their weird bond and connection, will actually save us. It made me think back to when Paul Revere basically told him not to let anyone close, too late. Pretty much hated Abbie repeating his words to Danny, you don’t give him the game you got from your bae, lol, but I think she was just talking about the truth. Still she told Danny that she will never think of them as something from the past, and it’s kind of met with a grin and a nod. Okay, rollseyes. So I’m really, really hoping he is just acting this way because he’s trying to protect her.

Ultimately, I don’t think that Abbie’s is a heart that’s going to be won by someone lacking confidence or being unsure of themselves or their feelings. We’ve already seen her essentially tell Danny the appropriate way to approach her, and I think if she falls for someone they will have to be clear and direct about their feelings. I’m really hoping that Ichabod comes forth and opens up about the way he feels especially after watching him chicken out when she first returned from the catacombs. At this point though I’m beginning to worry he might do so too late. It’s a little disheartening but on the flip side of that it makes me think that they will get another season. I really just can’t imagine this show coming to a close without Ichabbie getting together. Either way I’m hoping that we’ll get a declaration of love this season. After this eppy I found myself remembering an interview that Nicole Beharie did, I can’t quite remember when but she stated something about not wanting to give the audience what they want, but wanting to give them something more. So I guess I’m holding to that a little bit, and hoping for something more. What about you guys?
ps. I only post on this site via computer so I know it's long, but it's looks so much longer on a phone. lol
Old 03-14-2016, 12:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ As always, I love your long reviews.
Old 03-14-2016, 08:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

Wonderfully put GirLunLoosed. I agree with every word.