Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-12-2016, 05:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Episode discussion 3.10 | Incident At Stone Manor {Airs February 12th}

Ichabod and Sophie team up to save Abbie by fighting a supernatural force that's targeting Sleepy Hollow citizens. Meanwhile, Pandora and The Hidden One grow more powerful; and Jenny confronts her father to learn what really happened to her sister.

Old 02-12-2016, 07:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Jessica Camacho is now a series regular. I guess we will see a lot more of Sophie. I have enjoyed her character so I don't mind it. Also, I think Sophie has really made Reynold's character have a bit more to do so it's great for Lance Gross character.

Woah what a place Abbie is located.

The Hidden One and Pandora. I don't feel much of anything for their relationship.
Sophie and Daniel scenes I enjoyed.

I continue to enjoy the Jenny and Joe relationship. Jenny still has a difficult time opening up and Joe wants her to trust
Nice we finally saw Abbie's and Jenny's father. Ezra Mills is his name.

Ichabod saying, "Haters gonna hate." ?

I loved Jenny and Joe imitating Crane, they did perfectly. Especially with his finger being up when he talks. lol

Aww Abbie playing chest with invisible Crane. I guess she is just just tried to hold on to any form of reality. I loved when he reunite, sadly they couldn't hug because he appeared because of astral projection.
Wow Abbie has been trapped for 10 months. My goodness, I didn't see that coming at all. I guess it explains her hair and her look but ... man can't imagine what she's going through. Weeks for them is months for her.

This episode just made me realize how much the writers need to really address the issue of Crane leaving Abbie after Season 2. When she told him thanks for never giving up, I just had flashes of him leaving her for months after Katrina died.

I like how Sophie and Jenny really don't get along that much... well more that Jenny doesn't like her. lol It was great to see Sophie and Jenny work with Joe to take out a monster together! Great trio work.

Nicole Beharie did perfect acting in this episode.
You gotta give it to Abbie for not caving in to any of Pandora demands. However, you gotta feel for her. Anyone would go completely crazy in that situation. It seems like she has went crazy as well.
Crane and Abbie bond is what got Abbie out.
Their bond is just extraordinary. The bond of the Witness was stronger than Pandora. Great acting from Milson and Beharie in their reunion scene. Their chemistry is just amazing.

Old 02-12-2016, 08:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

Gah Ichabbie kills me. That end scene with the hands. Heartbreaking. And Abbie kept talking to Crane, she said he was with her the whole time. I half expected her to draw a picture of him on her cave wall to keep her company, just like he had picts of her all around him when he was trying to find her. So happy they are finally together.

Other parts of the episode, I'm really intrigued about is the Papa Mills storyline. Cant wait to see where they go with that and am anxious to know more about the Mills family history.

I too dont mind Sophie and like her with Danny.

Also, I think Pandora is acting like a battered wife and she is so much better than that. Sounds like its time for an uprising. Wouldnt it be awesome if Pandora partnered up with team Witness?

I like Jenny and Joe individually, but now I see how its possible to fizzle out fast. Wish they would have worked the slow burn route with them instead.

I also thought Nicoles acting was amazing. I saw the parallels between her and her mother as well, and the fight to keep her sanity, which was really powerful.

All in all, I really enjoyed this episode.
Old 02-12-2016, 09:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Pandora with Team Witness?... not sure about that. No way should Crane and Abbie trust her.
Old 02-14-2016, 02:27 AM
New Fan

Nicole Freaking Beharie wowed. I thought she was wonderful in this eppy, just wow!! In a few little parts I thought she was reminiscent of Alfre Woodard, who I think is awesome as well, but just in her own right she has done such a beautiful job with Abbie. Abbie by the way is a warrior. Crushing the eye knowing she was facing eternity in desolate realm and Ichabod was floating through space unanchored spoke to her dedication.

I did not like the gargoyle storyline. I enjoy all of the actors who were a part of it, I just couldn’t get into it. But I did think it was nice though to kind of show Jenny go from being skeptical of Sophie to trusting her a bit by the end, instead of her just blindly trusting her. I am trying so hard to catch the Jenny/Joe feels and it just isn't happening I guess everything isn't for everybody.

The ending. Lol. At first I was all in my DMX voice like “Oh the writers think this a game. THIS IS NOT A FREAKING GAME! But then my husband told me to calm down and be cool so I did. Honestly I felt at the beginning of the season that we might get an ichabbie declaration of love by the season finale, I still feel that way. I think or at least hope that Sleepy will get a season 4, and everyone clamoring to see what happens after the declaration will certainly bolster their chances of returning. Still I felt almost punked I guess watching the final scene. Crane holds her hand tightly, looks at Joe who told him once before to take his own advice and then looks at Abbie and sayyyys….nothing, he backs out. The back out part I totally get, but I wish they would have shown a little glimpse of Ichabod looking defeated or regretful about not having said anything. I think then I would have come away from the scene like Awww, instead of like Grrrr .

Also it had been ten months for Abbie, and 30 days and nights for Ichabod. 30 days and nights that he did not know whether or not he would see his best friend, and fellow witness again. Ten months she felt the same way, and there’s no hug? That wasn’t believable, at all, it just didn’t ring true. Abbie said herself, they hug it out, it’s what they do. I think that the writers try to be particularly careful because NB and TM have this super palpable chemistry and a hug can take on a whole new life between them. However, when you have lightning in a bottle you put it in the center of the room, stand back and enjoy the glow, you don’t try to temper it or snuff it out. This seems to be a recurring issue with Sleepy Hollow. Nicole and Tom brought it in that scene, and I mean brought it, and I think the gimmicky way in which it ended was a disservice to them both. Like...sleepy writers look what you have at your disposal, and you do that. But why?

I do like Sleepy Hollow, a lot. Unlike this last eppy, I usually enjoy the whole show. I don’t watch a lot of TV, like a lot of people I catch up on certain shows during the offseason. Sleepy Hollow and Game of Thrones are the only shows I make certain to watch live, so in spite of all of my criticisms I do think that for the most part it’s good TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by violasghost (View Post)
Also, I think Pandora is acting like a battered wife and she is so much better than that. Sounds like its time for an uprising. Wouldnt it be awesome if Pandora partnered up with team Witness?
I think you're on to something! I think/hope that she will be instrumental and bringing down the Hidden One. I would love to see her team up with the witnesses permanently. I don’t even completely understand her backstory, but I just remember feeling since her first episode that she was wounded, and I’m really sympathetic to her. Can you even imagine all of the cases she could help them solve? She’s lived so long, and has to have a familiarity with so many monsters because of that box of hers. I hope she doesn’t get killed off at the end of the season. I think the actress who plays Sophie is good, and Sophie is a likeable character but too similar to Jenny and Abbie. I would not cry if Sophie was killed off or transferred branches at the end of the season and Pandora joined team witness. Plus is she mortal now? Is that what the blood tear was about?

Last edited by GirLunLoosed; 02-14-2016 at 02:28 AM Reason: periods/capitals
Old 02-14-2016, 11:51 AM
New Fan

This has probably been mentioned a million times over but Betsy Ross again saving the day again by having fought the monster of the week in the past? I'm not saying Nikki Reed is a bad actress but Betsy Ross needs to...GTFO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-14-2016, 09:51 PM
Elite Fan

I kept waiting for Jenny to pop Sophie in the mouth....
Old 02-16-2016, 09:59 AM
Obsessed Fan

Nicole's acting in this episode was top notch. And I hope that being trapped there for so long will continue to affect her character and that it won't get dropped.

However, this whole separated for an episode thing sort of felt like a lesser "This is War" to me.

My boyfriend has dubbed Pandora "Panbora" and I'm still there with him. This show needs to move on to its next (hopefully better) villains.

I continue to like Sophie, even though she's a mixture of Jenny and Abbie. If they can find ways to differentiate her, I wouldn't mind her sticking around. But I'm not confident - the show has proven issues with with adding team members, which is a shame for me, as I prefer Scooby Gangs to a two character team with few exceptions.

But this show lives or dies for me on what they do with (or don't do) with Headless in a potential season 4.

~Kat
Old 02-18-2016, 06:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

WOW, watched this episode and it confirmed what I already knew. Nicole Beharie is a PHENOMENAL Actress, Just incredible. I love her so much and Tom Mison is just as BRILLIANT. This episode in my opinion was a great one. So excited that SH seems to be back and moving in the right direction. Hope it's not the last season. I will say I was't a fan of the hand fondle at the end---LOL
Old 02-19-2016, 08:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

Has this site completely died? I'm coming back. I'm excited about the show again
Old 02-21-2016, 07:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

I have one word for this episode...

Hands.

Emory