Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2014, 09:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Just a couple of days now until the comic guys! *does happy dance*

N i c o l e ~ Tumblr | Podcast | Fanfiction | Twitter
WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 10:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Tomorrow!! I can't get it, but I look forward to reading people's reactions to it.

Also added some stuff in the OP, but I feel like it's a work in progress.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soleya (View Post)
Tomorrow!! I can't get it, but I look forward to reading people's reactions to it.

Also added some stuff in the OP, but I feel like it's a work in progress.
I don't know if I'll get the comic tomorrow...not sure how quick the shipping will be.

OPs are always works in progress.

Old 01-28-2014, 04:19 PM
Elite Fan

Woohoo the screening is tomorrow night, I can't WAIT!!

I love that about Castle, they really appreciate Nathan & his connection to Firefly & do little nods to the show that I love!
Talula78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
Woohoo the screening is tomorrow night, I can't WAIT!!

I love that about Castle, they really appreciate Nathan & his connection to Firefly & do little nods to the show that I love!
I am so excited for you!

Old 01-29-2014, 01:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Have fun Jen, I'm sure it's going to be a night to remember!!
Old 01-30-2014, 02:12 PM
Elite Fan

OMG OMG OMG you guys, I was SO geeking out at that screening last night! They sold out BOTH screenings, too! And before the film started they played a bunch of BTS clips, including the whole mess with the professor up in Wisconsin who posted a Firefly quote & image outside his doors (the "if someone tries to kill you, you try & kill them right back) & was almost fired for it. I kinda forgot about that whole ordeal! Also, they played the infamous "Nathan likes to take a beating" BTS clip with Mal falling on the glass & his face swelling up. Never fails to make me cringe. Oh! They also played clip cameos of Alan, Summer & Adam's in other TV shows/films. I was in heaven for a few hours last night and I'm kinda sad & depressed it's over. There's just something about being in a big theater filled with fellow Browncoats that warms the cockles of my heart.

Oh and yes, there were a bunch of cosplay people there, including my friend Tami who dressed up as Mal in a browncoat.
Old 01-30-2014, 06:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
OMG OMG OMG you guys, I was SO geeking out at that screening last night! They sold out BOTH screenings, too! And before the film started they played a bunch of BTS clips, including the whole mess with the professor up in Wisconsin who posted a Firefly quote & image outside his doors (the "if someone tries to kill you, you try & kill them right back) & was almost fired for it. I kinda forgot about that whole ordeal! Also, they played the infamous "Nathan likes to take a beating" BTS clip with Mal falling on the glass & his face swelling up. Never fails to make me cringe. Oh! They also played clip cameos of Alan, Summer & Adam's in other TV shows/films. I was in heaven for a few hours last night and I'm kinda sad & depressed it's over. There's just something about being in a big theater filled with fellow Browncoats that warms the cockles of my heart.

Oh and yes, there were a bunch of cosplay people there, including my friend Tami who dressed up as Mal in a browncoat.
That is SO exciting sounding!

I made a fanvideo today:

Last edited by WeBuiltThePyramids; 01-31-2014 at 10:07 PM
Old 02-01-2014, 04:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

That sounds so amazing Jen!! I can only imagine how it would feel like to watch Serenity with other fans. It would definitely be a dream come true. You are so lucky to have been able to go. And I looove that they showed behind the scenes stuff too, how cool is that!!

Very cool video Nicole, I gave it a thumb up! I like the song choice, it's fitting. Our crew, they're so perfect. I need to rewatch this show soon.
Old 02-01-2014, 05:17 PM
Elite Fan

After that screening, it really inspired me to rewatch Firefly. I think I'll start it next week sometime.

Woohoo, Nathan, Alan & Summer are confirmed for St. Louis Comic Con! I'm excited because that means he's still doing Cons this year & hopefully will actually make the DCC one this time!

Nicole, I'll be sure & check out your fanvid when I get home tonight. That's so cool you made one!
Old 02-01-2014, 09:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's exciting that they'll be at that con!

So if anyone wants to laugh at me...I'm going with 'this is Firefly cast related' because it's me as six characters.

"I am a genius." "Hey genius, it was my idea." - I realized the other day that when I’m writing fic...

Old 02-03-2014, 12:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I made another video. Firefly/Serenity: Your Heart Will Lead You Home - YouTube

Old 02-03-2014, 04:20 PM
Elite Fan

for another fanvid! I haven't seen either one yet, but I'm writing a post-it note to remind me when I get home.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
for another fanvid! I haven't seen either one yet, but I'm writing a post-it note to remind me when I get home.
I could always get on your case about it if you'd like.

Old 02-04-2014, 05:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Lion King/Firefly AU, how does that work Nicole?

I like the new video too! The song is making me tear up a little though. I love the show and characters so much. It must be difficult to choose what clips to use, they're all basically flawless!
Reply   Post New Thread