Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2015, 09:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Joey Buchanan (One Life to Live) Thread #1: Because he was so cute back then!

~Joey Buchanan~
One Life to Live
Appreciation Thread #1
Talula78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 09:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I just realized we didn't have a thread for his OLTL character! Did anyone watch him when he was on this soap? I'm kicking myself that I was watching the silly Days of Our Lives while he was on OLTL and I missed out!
Old 03-14-2015, 09:38 PM
Elite Fan

I watched and this is when I became a fan of his. This was his first gig in the US that got him started. That is why to me he will always be Joey Buchanan. Whenever he mentions his friend Bob S Woods. This is the show that they met on. If not for Bob you would not have had Firefly. He was the one to encourage Nathan to leave the soap and try out his talent in Hollywood.
Old 03-14-2015, 09:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfce (View Post)
I watched and this is when I became a fan of his. This was his first gig in the US that got him started. That is why to me he will always be Joey Buchanan. Whenever he mentions his friend Bob S Woods. This is the show that they met on. If not for Bob you would not have had Firefly. He was the one to encourage Nathan to leave the soap and try out his talent in Hollywood.
Yes, I love how appreciative he is of the soap world and acknowledges how tough it is and that it is one of the best training grounds to have as an actor. We ALL thank Bob Woods immensely for inspiring Nathan to make a change & move out West!
Old 03-14-2015, 09:47 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
Yes, I love how appreciative he is of the soap world and acknowledges how tough it is and that it is one of the best training grounds to have as an actor. We ALL thank Bob Woods immensely for inspiring Nathan to make a change & move out West!
I wasn't happy when he left. He was my favorite Joey.
Old 03-14-2015, 10:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
I wasn't happy when he left. He was my favorite Joey.
Haha, I don't blame you one bit for that, I would've felt the same! He was on that soap for what, a year? I've only seen bits & pieces of clips uploaded on YouTube, that's the only stuff I've seen of him as Joey. His relationship with that older woman, Dorian(?), was SO strange! :/
Old 03-14-2015, 10:47 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Haha, I don't blame you one bit for that, I would've felt the same! He was on that soap for what, a year? I've only seen bits & pieces of clips uploaded on YouTube, that's the only stuff I've seen of him as Joey. His relationship with that older woman, Dorian(?), was SO strange! :/
He was on for three years. So when he left it was big. I wanted him to come back so badly. Yeah him and Dorian was just gross. I didn't care for that at all. She was just using him to rub it into his mom's Vikki's face.
Old 03-14-2015, 11:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
He was on for three years. So when he left it was big. I wanted him to come back so badly. Yeah him and Dorian was just gross. I didn't care for that at all. She was just using him to rub it into his mom's Vikki's face.
I MUCH preferred him with the Kelly chick! It was disconcerting seeing him with Dorian, I guess because of the age thing? Gosh, I feel kinda bad about saying that because I know many successful couples have large age gaps and all. Wow, Dorian sounds like a real winner. :/
Old 03-14-2015, 11:17 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I MUCH preferred him with the Kelly chick! It was disconcerting seeing him with Dorian, I guess because of the age thing? Gosh, I feel kinda bad about saying that because I know many successful couples have large age gaps and all. Wow, Dorian sounds like a real winner. :/
She was the Alexis Carrington from the show Dynasty of One Life to Live. I hate calling other women B's but she was the head B in town.

There are some successful relationships but it is still gross to me. I liked Joey and Kelly together. They made a great couple.
Old 03-16-2015, 02:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
She was the Alexis Carrington from the show Dynasty of One Life to Live. I hate calling other women B's but she was the head B in town.

There are some successful relationships but it is still gross to me. I liked Joey and Kelly together. They made a great couple.
Ah, I see! I DID watch Dynasty back in the day and I think because of that very reason, just to see Crystal & Alexis go at it!

So, what happened with Joey & Kelly?
Old 03-17-2015, 10:55 AM
Elite Fan

^ Yeah Vikki was the Crystal of the show. She was crazy but regal.

As for Joey & Kelly the typical soap relationship. They broke up, got back together, broke up, got back together etc. At one point she even got with his brother. So that was the end of them.
Old 03-17-2015, 01:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Aw, that's too bad they didn't last. This is why soaps drive me nuts...hell, TV shows in general, no one is allowed to have a happy ending! Which is one HUGE reason why I love the Castle & Beckett relationship so much, we're allowed to invest in them because we know the payoff is worth it!

Teehee, love what the actress who played Dorian had to say about working with Nathan:
Old 03-17-2015, 02:02 PM
Elite Fan

^ She is a character.
Old 03-17-2015, 06:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

she really is
Old 03-12-2021, 03:28 PM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for all the links.

BRICS
Prayers for 🇷🇺 🙏🕯️