Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2017, 08:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow Fabian (View Post)
I finally met him! (Which turned me into a sobbing mess!!)

My thoughts post-meeting Nathan for an autograph :

Pros : When you arrive in front of Nathan, he looks at you directly in the eyes, shakes your hand and asks your name, immediately followed by "I'm Nathan, how are you?" (which you know... he really doesn't have to do!). He then says a little comment about the thing you ask him to sign. If you have a quick question to ask him, he'll answer if he has the time. He always makes you feel like he's happy to meet you and to be there.

Cons : Only one, and I understand it, he doesn't personalize the autographs (one of only 2, I believe, with Sir Patrick Stewart, to do that) That means not even writing your name on it.

Final thoughts : Nathan may not personalize his autographs, but he sure as hell personalizes the meeting you have with him and make you feel appreciated, which for me, is the best of the two, so I'm leaving with an amazing memory of this day.

Another point :

I was getting my copy of Dollhouse Season 1 signed by Enver Gjokaj sitting right next to Nathan around 5 minutes later, when Nathan popped up, the prankster that he is, and he took my DVD cover for a second, flipped it on its back and signed tinily over Enver's face!!!!! (which Enver replied to him with "You weren't even on this show!" (hilarious stuff, I couldn't stop laughing)

So, that gave me a second autograph by Nathan, this one for free!!!! And an amazing memory that I won't forget soon !

I'll post pictures of the autograhs in the next couple of days when I'll have access to my scanner!
OMG that's hysterical and SO NATHAN!!! I love that he did that for you. Eh, it's all in the Whedonverse, so basically it's all in the family, ya know?

And those are awesome pix of you and your friend/GF/Wife!!!! Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us and your pix (love the shirt, BTW, I own that one as well), he's such a great guy to meet at a Con. I agree about being disappointed that he doesn't personalize his autos, he used to. I think he doesn't do it now in order to save time because he's so popular and his lines are always long? My Firefly poster has everyone's autographs, sans Morena's, and all of them are addressed to me except for Nathan's. Oh well. I'm not complaining, I've gotten to meet him a few times and he's so sweet so that very much makes up for it. I'm anxious to see what you had autographed?

(and on a side note, I'm SO JEALOUS you got to meet Tennant!!! He's my other crush. )
Talula78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 12:19 PM
Loyal Fan

The thing with Enver was seriously hilarious, and yes I totally expected Nathan to do something like that, but I never expected that it would happen WITH ME, you know ? I imagined I would witness him doing something similar, but never in a million years I imagined it would be me. I am so fortunate and thankful for it!

I went back today to get my photo op alone with him signed, he said "nice to meet you again" BEFORE looking at the picture! (At least I'm pretty sure it was!), he said the picture came out pretty great, while I answered that I hated my hair on it, but he replied "nobody is going to care what your hair will look like" He is just so nice!!

Also, while his team was looking away/were busy I kinda whispered to him if he could add "To Nick" on it AND HE DID!!! I totally didn't expect him to actually go through with it, him saying that he'd have to do it for the others, that it wouldn't be fair, but he DID, I'm just so happy! I'll show you guys when I'll be back at home (riding the bus now)

After that, I went to his panel, which was amazing !! (Okay I pretty much already knew everything he had said, but I watch dozens and hundreds of Nathan's panels, that was to be expected), I still loved his energy, he really seems to love doing those things and also I was around the middle of the tenth row or something so I saw really well and took a lot of pictures which I'll post later cause this message is already so long and also the internet on the bus kinda sucks...

Seeing as I had closed my con last year with Summer Glau, it was just fitting to end this one with Nathan's panel, doesn't it ? Kinda poetic if you ask me !

Jen : I'll tell you all about Tennant if there's an off topic thread or else on Facebook or something

07/07/17 - Met David Tennant, Nathan Fillion, Sarah Wayne Callies, Ruth Connell, Alex Kingston, Freema Agyeman... at MTLCC17 -
09/07/17

Last edited by Willow Fabian; 07-09-2017 at 12:21 PM Reason: Typo
Willow Fabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 06:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

OMG that is so awesome! Yes, he loves those Cons and meeting fans. And I'm like you, I've seen so many of his panels I can pretty much predict how he'll answer each question. I really wish people would ask him original questions instead of the same old same old he gets every single time! I know not everyone is as big a fan as I am and watches all of these panels, but you can at least try to ask an outside the box question and I was hoping to get a little more info on his role in ASOUE! Oh well. That's really amazing you managed to get a personalized sig from him! I wouldn't have the guts to, I wouldn't want to piss him off.

Feel free to talk Tennant to me over in the OT thread here.
Old 07-10-2017, 08:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Can't wait to see pics! That's so cool of him to personalize the autograph.
Old 07-10-2017, 05:55 PM
Loyal Fan

Here are my autographs

Edit :

And here are the pictures I took at the panel !

http://s1194.photobucket.com/user/Ni...illion%20Panel

07/07/17 - Met David Tennant, Nathan Fillion, Sarah Wayne Callies, Ruth Connell, Alex Kingston, Freema Agyeman... at MTLCC17 -
09/07/17

Last edited by Willow Fabian; 07-10-2017 at 08:14 PM
Old 07-11-2017, 09:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Aww, I love the autos! I love the pic of NF you chose.

And your pix are wonderful!! Thank you so much for sharing them with us!

Hmm, I wonder if the panel is online yet? Let me go and check...
Old 07-11-2017, 12:47 PM
Loyal Fan

It probably isn't since filming was unauthorized and there wasn't an official filming either

It's my pleasure for the pics

09/07/17
Old 07-12-2017, 05:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Thanks for sharing! I love the 'us!'.

It's too bad that there wasn't official filming.
Old 07-12-2017, 11:04 AM
Loyal Fan

I do really love the 'us'

For the videos, I had asked them pre-con :

Have there been any talks about you guys posting the full panels (at least some of them) on Youtube either this year or in a later year ? Some Comiccons do it, and it's so useful (you could even password protect it for attendees only if that's a problem), no ? That was my suggestion since there is no possible way to attend them all (and remember everything from the ones we do go to)

Hi Nicky,
It's an idea we have knocked around, but getting proper permissions from talent, agent, managers and studios poses some issues.

09/07/17
Old 07-12-2017, 10:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Ah ok. That makes sense.
Old 07-13-2017, 08:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I'm confused, why are y'all laughing at the 'us' bit?

Quote:
It probably isn't since filming was unauthorized and there wasn't an official filming either

It's my pleasure for the pics
Aw man, that sucks! Thanks for at least checking on it and asking them.
Old 07-13-2017, 04:20 PM
Loyal Fan

Well, it's just funny for him to write that people looking at it already know that it's "us"

09/07/17
Old 07-14-2017, 07:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Well, it's just funny for him to write that people looking at it already know that it's "us"
Exactly. Silly Nathan.
Old 07-15-2017, 03:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Oh oh oh! You were referring to what he wrote on the pic! I thought y'all were laughing at my 'Us' Yeah, silly Nathan.
Old 07-16-2017, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Just one of the reasons why I'm a fan. I enjoy his antics.
Reply   Post New Thread