Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2014, 03:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Gotham 1.02 "Selina Kyle" Episode Discussion [Air Date: 09.29.2014]

Gotham
1.02 Selina Kyle

"GOTHAM" (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) CC-AD-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 29

GORDON AND BULLOCK INVESTIGATE A CHILD TRAFFICKING RING ON AN ALL-NEW "GOTHAM" MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, ON FOX

Detectives Gordon and Bullock investigate a child trafficking ring preying on Gotham's street kids, including Selina Kyle (Camren Bicondova). Meanwhile, Penguin (Robin Lord Taylor) resurfaces in the countryside and begins to make his way back to GOTHAM, leaving victims in his wake in the all-new "Selina Kyle" episode of GOTHAM airing Monday, Sept. 29 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GTH-102) (TV-14 D, L, V)

Cast: Ben McKenzie as Detective James Gordon, Donal Logue as Harvey Bullock, Jada Pinkett Smith as Fish Mooney, Sean Pertwee as Alfred, Robin Lord Taylor as Oswald Cobblepot/The Penguin, Erin Richards as Barbara Kean, David Mazouz as Bruce Wayne, Camren Bicondova as Selina Kyle/the future Catwoman, Zabryna Guevara as Captain Sarah Essen, Cory Michael Smith as Edward Nygma/the future Riddler, Victoria Cartagena as Renee Montoya, Andrew Stewart Jones as Crispus Allen, John Doman as Carmine Falcone

Guest Cast: Carol Kane as Gertrud Kapelput, Frank Whaley as Doug, Lili Taylor as Patti, Richard Kind as Mayor Aubrey James, Drew Powell as Butch Gilzean, Kyle Massey as Macky.

Basic Rules:

- Be Respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views. Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.

- No Character/Actor Bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people who are just trying to do the best with what they are given. We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.

- Everything is a spoiler until it has aired.

- Any talk of Illegal Downloading should not be brought up here. Live Streams & such can be discussed through PM's.

- Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Old 09-29-2014, 07:40 AM
MST Manager

Thanks for starting the new thread for the new episode.
Old 09-29-2014, 02:10 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Looking forward to the episode tonight!
Old 09-29-2014, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for starting.
Old 09-29-2014, 05:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

this show is
Old 09-29-2014, 05:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuVe2LoVe (View Post)
this show is

Feel the same! the first half of this episode was awesome.
The highlight for me was [obviously] Penguin at the beginning of the episode... I sort of felt bad for him before the killing begin.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:02 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Liked the episode.. and the ending.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:05 PM
Master Fan

This show is amazing. I loved the episode a lot.

Selina and Penguin's scenes are always the best.

I'll come back with thoughts soon.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I loved this episode. Another amazing episode to follow up from the Pilot.

I enjoyed all the Selina scenes tonight.
I felt bad for all those street kids. I loved Bruce Wayne concerned, and how much he wants to help the kids and just the city to get better at such a young age. Definitely foreshadowing to his future.

Penguin, I think I'll always enjoy his scenes. I felt bad for him in the beginning of the episode when he was trying to get a ride and those people were just playing games with him and then when he got in the car, all things surely became worst.

Jada is just killing it as Fish, she just has her role packed down and really is making this role her own.

As a whole, I'm enjoyed this whole episode.

Seeing Alfred struggle with raising, seeing Selina being Selina and having her name as Cat, that's what she wants people to call her. She's already a force to be reckoning with at her young age. lol Pretty amazing. Also I liked Gordon tonight.. I seriously enjoyed everything about this episode.

Old 09-29-2014, 06:27 PM
Master Fan

This was so much better! I really liked the fake Joker,too. I felt sorry for the kids,but they picked up a hitchhiker and mocked him.

She was frickin' awesome and clawed the dude's eyes out. I agree with the Twitter comments and she does look like a young Michelle Phieffer. I loved Oswald's mother,too. I do think they're still being too obvious. She's only going by "Cat", Oswald keeps being told he walks like a Penguin and they could stand to be more subtle.

'Gotham' Preview Teases Villains Victor Zsasz and Scarecrow

This bugs me. I mean,it's the 2nd episode. For the love of god,slow down. It feels like the villains are those balls in an automatic dispenser at batting cages and tennis courts.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:28 PM
Loyal Fan

Fish Mooney is HBIC
Old 09-29-2014, 06:32 PM
Loyal Fan

Also I feel bad for Bruce. He has a lot of issues. Depression. PTSD.
Old 09-29-2014, 07:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

he may also have survivors guilt.

But I do agree in the fact they need to limit their villians, they have already intoduced a lot.

Old 09-29-2014, 07:32 PM
Master Fan

Alright more coherent thoughts.

- The Penguin really shines again in his scenes. Without a doubt the best character on this show thus far.

- Lili Taylor and Frank Whaley did a good job.

- Jada Pinkett Smith owns it as Fish. I think this has to be my favorite thing she's done her entire career.

- Camren Bicondova really shines as Catwoman. Really brutal what she did to that guy.

- Really sad to see how troubled Bruce is. But we're seeign the darkside to himself and how that darkness leads to him eventually becoming Batman as an adult. I thought it was a nice gesture to want to look after the kids.
Old 09-29-2014, 07:34 PM
Loyal Fan

Bruce needs a therapist though. I don`t really care what Thomas and Martha said. Alfred should get him one.