Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2016, 03:13 AM
Elite Fan

Board Customisation

Hi everyone ,

The Fan Forum Graphics Team is in the process of (re)customizing message boards and now it's your turn!

If you have any picture or color suggestions please post them in this thread. Don't post (hotlink) the pictures, links to them are fine. Make sure that the pictures are of as high quality as possible and that the top of the head of the person in the picture isn't cropped off. We also like to use photoshoot images when possible, preferably individual pictures of each cast member. When suggesting colours please keep in mind that some colors will work better than others. The Team usually tries to avoid really vibrant and dark colours because we have found in the past that they are hard to look at for long periods of time. If you would like some help coming up with colour combinations we recommend checking out the design seeds website.

Everyone is encouraged to voice their opinions for this as you are the ones who will be posting on the board and we hope to make as many people happy with the finished result as possible. It does not matter if you are a board moderator, regular poster, or casual poster here. If you have a suggestion, please share it here with us .

Your suggestions for possible pictures and colors will be taken into serious consideration, but in the interest of seeing every board receive the best customized look possible the final decision concerning how this board will be customized will be made by the members of the Graphics Team. This is because we want to make sure that the selected graphic and colours fit into the overall design scheme that we've established for Fan Forum.

For a full explanation of the message board customization process, see this thread. If you have any questions, please feel free to send Rae or Mel a PM or ask the Team on the message board customization thread.

Please leave this topped until a week or so after the board has been (re)customized.

Note: It usually takes less than two weeks for us to finish making the new banner and the sooner we know what you want, the more we can work on it (though it can take a few months or so to set it up with the new colours on the board), so please let us know your suggestions as soon as possible.

When the Team have made and voted on a winning graphic I will close this thread until the graphic and colors get put up. It will then be re-opened so that you can share your thoughts about it.

Rae and Mel
Old 01-27-2016, 04:13 AM
Master Fan

Hmm this requires some thought! Perhaps the latest cast picture would be ok thought they are quite dark.

What does everyone think?

Join the The Goldbergs Campaign
Old 01-27-2016, 04:26 AM
Elite Fan

We prefer to use individual cast pictures, not group pictures. Who are the main characters you would like to see in the graphic? Keep in mind that the more characters you add in the smaller they will be.

I have no idea if there is a good gallery for photoshoots for this show but here are usable photoshoots from Season One and Season Two. The darkness is going to be unavoidable with the pictures but the lighting on the season one pictures may be easier for the Graphics Team to work with.
Old 01-27-2016, 04:46 AM
Master Fan

Ahh they are individual photos they are the season 2 ones you just posted but yes I agree they are harder to work with. I'll have to find the links to the end of season 1 pictures when I'm on my computer, I think they are nicer than the season 1 pics.

Old 01-27-2016, 07:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So exciting!

Man, we have A LOT of characters I think Oswald, Jim, Nygma, Barbara, Lee, Fish, Selina, Bruce, Alfred and Harvey should be on it. That's like 10, so maybe we could lose Harvey and Alfred Fish is too awesome not to be on it, and besides they hinted her possible return in s3, so...what others think?
I found some individual pics:
Fish
http://www.farfarawaysite.com/sectio...y1/hires/2.jpg
Oswald
http://www.farfarawaysite.com/sectio...1/hires/13.jpg
Jim
http://www.farfarawaysite.com/sectio...1/hires/29.jpg
Selina
http://www.farfarawaysite.com/sectio...1/hires/33.jpg
Barbara
http://www.farfarawaysite.com/sectio...1/hires/88.jpg
Bruce
http://www.farfarawaysite.com/sectio...1/hires/49.jpg
Alfred
http://www.farfarawaysite.com/sectio...1/hires/51.jpg
Nygma
http://www.farfarawaysite.com/sectio...1/hires/20.jpg
Harvey
http://www.farfarawaysite.com/sectio...1/hires/24.jpg
Idk what we could use for Lee, there's only one promotional pic and her head is a bit cropped off here
http://www.farfarawaysite.com/sectio...1/hires/14.jpg

As for color scheme I don't even know..obviously dark colors suit the show, but we don't need them, so maybe beige/purple like Oswald's club?
design seeds | flora tones | for all who ♥ color
Old 01-27-2016, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

for background we advice a lighter colour because it goes easier on the eyes, but the highlights could be dark

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 01-27-2016, 11:36 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marki (View Post)
Ahh they are individual photos they are the season 2 ones you just posted but yes I agree they are harder to work with. I'll have to find the links to the end of season 1 pictures when I'm on my computer, I think they are nicer than the season 1 pics.
There are other season one pictures? I know there is another lot on the site I linked to but they are not usable. We can try the season two ones since they are more recent but they do look a lot harder to work with. But if there is another lot other than those ones then that could be good as well.

I believe Diana your pictures are from the same season one photoshoot I linked to? I only checked one and it looked the same.

Ten characters is not too bad. Eight I find is ideal personally but when you have a large cast then ten is pretty good. But chances are they may appear small to some. You just need to think about if you would prefer to have those characters in there and them be smaller or have less characters and them larger.

For the characters who are the most important/main characters? Or does the show not really have that? Because we normally have a focus character and we start with them as the largest and make them smaller as they become less important/main.
Old 01-28-2016, 07:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Rae, yep, I just picked specific pictures so you guys don't have to go through the whole shoot There aren't any other promotional pics, sadly, except this one and the other dark one for season 2.

As for placement, I'm alright with characters being smaller. Jim and Oswald are the main guys, so I believe they should be in the middle/the largest. Then Bruce and Selina, and then the rest in no particular order.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Babble (View Post)
for background we advice a lighter colour because it goes easier on the eyes, but the highlights could be dark
Yeah, I'm thinking purple/dark blue highlights and gray or beige background.
design seeds | holiday sweet | for all who ♥ color
design seeds | color hatch | for all who ♥ color
Old 01-28-2016, 12:24 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for posting the individual pics Diana!

I was thinking grey was a pretty suited all promotional pictures etc have grey elements so. Think it fits well

Old 01-28-2016, 12:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

No problem!

Do you mean all gray?
Old 01-29-2016, 05:32 PM
Elite Fan

You could go with mostly greyish tones with coloured highlights of blues and purples . It wouldtmake the board unique.

Are there any characters who should be near each other or away from each other? Or does it not matter, just as long as they are on the graphic somewhere?
Old 01-30-2016, 05:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I like this suggestion

Hmm...well, like I said, Jim and Oswald together in the middle, then I'd put Bruce between Selina and Alfred, Harvey or Barbara could be near Jim. The rest could be placed in any order, exept I don't think Barbara should be near Lee What others think?
Old 01-30-2016, 07:10 AM
Master Fan

I like the suggestion also.

Um I think what you have said in terms of order would be good Diana . I think as long as bruce and jim are somewhere near the middle

Old 01-30-2016, 08:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Cool!

Would those pics of Lee work?
Morena Baccarin Becomes a Regular for ‘Gotham’ Season 2
Fall TV: "Gotham" Season 2
Old 01-31-2016, 07:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Glad the board is getting its customisation soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacrown (View Post)

Yeah, I'm thinking purple/dark blue highlights and gray or beige background.
design seeds | holiday sweet | for all who ♥ color
design seeds | color hatch | for all who ♥ color
Totally thought instantly that dark blue needs to be in there too. Purple/gray could be a nice contrast or even something like this though not sure if it's TOO dark.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit