Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2015, 06:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

2x10 - "The Son Of Gotham" - Episode Discussion (November 23rd)

2x10 "The Son Of Gotham"
Episode Discussion

Gordon confronts a suspect who is connected to Galavan, but falls short of obtaining any information. Meanwhile, Bruce gets one step closer to discovering the name of his parent’s killer in the all new “Rise of the Villains: The Son of Gotham” episode of GOTHAM airing Monday, Nov. 23 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GTH-210) (TV-14 L, V)
Old 11-23-2015, 07:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Not a full review but I had to post just to give all the credit to David Mazouz portrayal of Burce Wayne tonight!

BRUCE!!! Great job man.
This episode showed how great he will become in the future when he becomes Batman! this was just exciting to watch him play Silver so perfectly and him teaming up with Selina to do it. Perfect plan.

I love Selina telling Bruce not to change too much, although she was getting a bit flustered during Bruce's speech.

I just wanted to mention that and overall a pretty solid episode. James is having a tough season and I still like Penguin through his crazy ways.

Old 11-23-2015, 10:23 PM
Master Fan

David Mazouz brought his A+ game tonight as Bruce Wayne. Very impressed. A great step forward to him being the Batman we all know and love.

Loved his team up with Selina. Loved the confession that he has a deep sense of friendship/respect and perhaps even love for Selina. Seeing Selina's face she wasn't expecting that.

Loved the fight between Alfred and Tabitha.

Loved the phone interaction between Penguin and Riddler.

Looking forward to the fall finale next week. .
Old 11-24-2015, 09:06 AM
Passionate Fan

Totally enjoyed last night's episode.

The Order of St Dumas is who those robed figures are and Theo Galavan is actually Theo Dumas. It was stated in an earlier episode that his was a founding family of Gotham so they were after Bruce Wayne, another son of a founding family. Theo does blame the Wayne's for his family's "loss" There has got to be more to this story.

Bruce Wayne was amazing. While I never believed Silver, I wasn't sure what was happening with Bruce. I was worried because Alfred was otherwise occupied and not available to save him. OMG, when he came out after putting the long con on Silver, and after seeing her with her real self on, I was smiling and nodding yes.
Bruce's comments to Selina, yes, she was surprised and embarrest in a good way.
David M. did such a great job. I've got to look up his bio now.

Alfred, he is really getting beat up lately. He was in the hospital at the beginning of the season, now he is gravely injured again. It was impressive how he fought Tabitha. I kinda wish he would have put more of a hurt on her.

Jim Gordon. he got beat up, too, and I've forgotten what happened with him already after seeing all the other events of this show.
Theo dam him, he got out. I think the old mayor was under some sort of hypnosis thing, the same thing that was done to...... who was it now?

Ed Nygma managed to garner some sympathy from Leigh Thompkins. He had a good plausible explanation to what happened to Kringle, but since Penguin crumbled them it is only a few steps to him just dropping them on the ground and then someone finding them. Ed himself is just a few steps away from full blown Riddler. His journey has been amazing.
Old 11-24-2015, 05:12 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)
I love Selina telling Bruce not to change too much, although she was getting a bit flustered during Bruce's speech.
A "little"? Let's face it, she's in love and she's scared to death of it now that the boy shows he means business. That's all

This was the best episode yet of the entire show. While much of it was fairly predictable, it didn't have a single weak plotline or point. They managed to evolve Bruce's character by two years in one episode without coming off as implausible. At some point, a boy growing up will reach a cusp and transform. It's a dialectic process. All things said to him and all things he's done over the entire run of this show were put into this episode's transformation.

Normally Selina is the driving force and most valuable player of every interaction with Bruce. She's the one stealing the show. I have repeatedly stated that for Batcat to evolve and move forward, this has to change, and Bruce must step up. I thought it was a refreshing touch for the show to cast her older and play girl-chases-boy but in order for things to remain interesting they have to correct this imbalance in their relationship.

Bruce isn't scared anymore. Sϟit just got real.
Old 11-24-2015, 07:45 PM
Extreme Fan

Also, I have to say that going by this, there's no way in hell that when Catwoman and Batman show up years down the line and Bruce and Selina both don't instantly know each other's "secret" identities.
Old 11-24-2015, 08:05 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah, if it comes to that, if the show goes on for that long, I am sure they'll both know the score. Anything else would be ridiculous.
Old 11-25-2015, 02:18 AM
Master Fan

i dont know how to express my feeling about this episode.. i guess it was just like magnificently good from the old married couple vibe between nygma and penguin to james trying to kick butt in the police field to just bruce! like bruce killed it this episoe great acting, it was good to see the power coming from bruce it really signifies how much he is growing up and his speech to selina i was like hes growing up in that department too.

i cant believe it left us hanging at such a clifhanger but penguin why were you bashing james... because i dont see how that would make james talk when he was struggling to already.

Join the The Goldbergs Campaign
Old 11-25-2015, 01:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern_xTC (View Post)
Also, I have to say that going by this, there's no way in hell that when Catwoman and Batman show up years down the line and Bruce and Selina both don't instantly know each other's "secret" identities.
Yeah, but I guess it depends on how long this show will actually run. Are we actually going to see Bruce become Batman, or is it just going to cover his time before he becomes Batman?
Old 11-25-2015, 03:38 PM
Passionate Fan

I looked up his bio. David M was born in 2001. So he is 14 and is 5'1".

At that age, he is going to grow quite a bit in two or three years.
Old 11-25-2015, 09:42 PM
Obsessed Fan

He's not 5'1" anymore. Camren is listed as 5'2" and David is significantly taller than Camren now. Probably 5'3" to 5'4". It's only fuzzy sometimes because sometimes, the girl wears heels.
Old 11-26-2015, 02:33 AM
Master Fan

or she wears the hairstyle that goes up alot more too.

i think david will be tall and i think camrens not going to get too much taller but we will see.

Old 11-26-2015, 09:10 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telepath (View Post)
He's not 5'1" anymore. Camren is listed as 5'2" and David is significantly taller than Camren now. Probably 5'3" to 5'4". It's only fuzzy sometimes because sometimes, the girl wears heels.
Yeah, I didn't get the date of that bio I found, but no mater he is growing quickly at that age. I think boys continue growing until they are around 18.
Old 11-26-2015, 10:27 AM
Obsessed Fan

He will. He's a slow grower. When I was 14 I was 6'1" and I ended up 6'3". He'll probably end up around 6'+.
Old 11-27-2015, 04:46 AM
Master Fan

I wonder how the mayor was conviced that it was someone else who kept him locke dup..maybe some conditioning