Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-19-2014, 02:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Radar (2x02) - Episode Discussion

Radar (2x02) - Episode Discussion;
Original Airdate: Feb. 24th, 2014

The long hot summer is over and Rae is starting her first year at Sixth Form College. She's determined that things will be different this year, but she quickly starts to struggle under the pressure. When her relationship with Finn thrusts her into the spotlight, Rae must decide whether to run away from the bullies or to face her fears.

Last edited by fractured moonlight; 02-24-2014 at 03:50 PM
Old 02-19-2014, 02:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

Thanks for opening this.

This episode was good, but also very painful.
Old 02-19-2014, 02:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

You're welcome.

I so agree. I really loved the episode but it was so heartbreaking. The ending especially. Just . I hated Rae broke up with the Finn and him being hurt and confused . But I get why she did it and I think the angst was written well.
Old 02-19-2014, 02:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

I really loved it too. And it was so real, a lot of things that happened on the episode happened to me too, or I've seen happen with someone else.

The end seriously broke my heart, especially when Rae said that between getting naked in front of Finn and breaking up with him, she would chose the 2nd option. Oh Rae. I understand that she feels insecure, I just wish she had talked with him first.
Old 02-19-2014, 02:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Same for me.

Me too and I mean full on talk to him. Really open up about her insecurities. It's ok for her to be nervous and I'm sure he wouldn't care. Probably nervous himself. And tell him about all the looks she gets and etc. But I guess no matter how much she talks and he talks back and tells her he likes her for her she has to reach a point where she stops caring herself. That scene in the bathroom proved it. He told her he wants her and **** everyone else but everyone else still got to her because it was still hard to see past everyone else.
Old 02-19-2014, 03:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

Yea, exactly. No matter how much they talked about it, if Rae doesn't like herself, she would always have her doubts. So in a way, I guess it's better that she broke up with Finn, because this way she can figure all of that first. Still, it hurts so damn much.

It also makes me sad to see how much Archie and Chloe are trying to fit in. Especially Archie, he's changing his entire personality, pretending to be someone he isn't, and hurting people along that.

Last edited by sweet creature; 02-19-2014 at 03:51 PM
Old 02-19-2014, 03:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree. I hoped it wouldn't happen but started figuring it would. And she really does and I hope Finn can see that too but also know he will be hurting.

Same. I figured Chloe would but I didn't think she would do what she did. And while I didn't think Archie would try that hard I was ok with it because I understood it until he hurt Rae. That went too far.
Old 02-19-2014, 03:48 PM
Supreme Fan

I still can't believe Archie didn't at least run after her! He crushed her, made her cry and then... just stood there. That was so painful to see.
Old 02-19-2014, 03:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

He did call out her name but ugh yeah why didn't he run after her. So disappointed.
Old 02-19-2014, 03:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

When the first pic of Chloe came up, I felt bad for her, but then after the 2nd one, I thought it was her who was doing all of that. IDK, it's not something I would do at all, but at least she isn't really hurting anyone but herself by doing that.

With Archie I'm just sad. He already hurt Rae on S1 when he pretended he wasn't gay, and now he's trying too hard again. I get that he wants to fit in, but the smoking and the dumb jokes is so annoying. He's doing everything he hates.
Old 02-19-2014, 04:01 PM
Supreme Fan

Idk, it's his decision if he wants to be something he isn't in school, to pretend to be someone to blend in, that's totally up to him. But he shouldn't hurt his friends in the process and especially the one, the only one, who knows and accepts him completely for the person he actually is. It was such a mean thing to do.
Old 02-19-2014, 04:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree. It sucks to see and he's amazing as himself so I wish he could see that too but if he wants to do that to fit in then whatever. But hurting a friend to do so went too far.

Catia - Yep. At least what Chloe did is only hurting herself.
Old 02-19-2014, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

Of course it's his decision, he can do whatever he wants to do and be whoever he wants to be. But pretending to be someone else you aren't is not healthy for anyone. Even if he hadn't hurt Rae, I wouldn't agree with what his doing. It's one thing to stay under the radar, but I think he's doing more than that, he's trying to show people as hard as he can that he's cool.

And I don't judge him for that, I get why he's doing it. It just makes me sad to see it happened.

But I guess this show is so real and painful exactly because of stuff like this.

Heather - Yes, even though Chloe doesn't really see that. That idea worked out for her now, but I think things might change in the future.
Old 02-19-2014, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It's not but if he chooses to do it it's hard to tell him to stop. But maybe hurting Rae makes him see it isn't worth it. And I think he is in the same position as Rae and Chloe. Those 3 need to get together and talk to each other. Be honest and open with themselves.

Same.

I think things will change for Chloe to. I'm sure Stacy will turn out to be really bad.
Old 02-19-2014, 04:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

Quote:
And I think he is in the same position as Rae and Chloe. Those 3 need to get together and talk to each other. Be honest and open with themselves.
I agree with this so much. They are all having similar fears, I wish they could talk about them and help each other instead of doing things on their own. I really loved that Izzy shared her insecurities with Rae on the first episode. Everybody feels insecure about something from time to time.

Ugh you think? I'm buying Stacey's nice attitude so far, but yea, we shouldn't really trust her. Is she the one who dated Finn, or I'm confusing the girls?