Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-11-2014, 12:22 AM
Master Fan

The episode was actually very good. Finn is so NOT over Rae. We already knew that but today episode made it 100% clear that he wants her and the fact that he went to her house to talk to her after breaking up with Olivia and somehow begging her to tell him that she is the reason he has to stay. To be continued? Really Rae? Finn Nelson is in love with our Rae. Hopefully she will see that as well and act on it.

The only thing thing I can say about Chloe right now is WHAT A BITCH!

Archie and Rae are pretty much the only solid Relationship there is on the show. I was so sad when Archie told Rae that there was no gang anymore. It is true, the gang is slowly falling apart.

Rae giving Liam a blow job? Hummm I would have felt better without watching it. His reaction to it and just saying "thank you" at the end was so insensitive. He is not what Rae needs and going to him as her last choice says a lot.

There is something seriously wrong with Rae's dad. He's gonna turn out to be a royal dick. His speech about Rae's momwas NOT right. Rae's in for another delusion.

I don't really get why people are reacting so bad about this episode. I really liked it because it allowed us to got some confirmations and see a different side of Rae. Yes, she did make some mistakes but she stood up to that guy that was going to rape her and I liked the fact that she thought she deserved better. That's one more step toward getting better.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 03-11-2014, 04:04 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maud&Danny (View Post)
That's one more step toward getting better.
And then she took ten steps back in the end.

It was a very good episode aside from the fact that it was incredibly hard to watch. The scene with Rae and her mom being one of them. Sharon's single "fck you" was brutal.
Old 03-11-2014, 04:19 AM
Master Fan

Didn't like the episode.

Disappointed. It felt like Skins everything being SO serious.

Poor Finn

Rae and her guy friend from therapy at the end eww.. that hurt my soul

Izzy cheating on Chop...wtf

It's all a mess. I just want Finn back. Really scaffolding over college?
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maud&Danny (View Post)
I don't really get why people are reacting so bad about this episode.
while everyone else gets called a bitch and a dick, i'm sure as fck not going to hold back my rage for rae. because she's a super, mega, double douche for what she did to finn! AGAIN!
Old 03-11-2014, 05:43 AM
New Fan

This episode

Chloe and Rae kissing ehhhh

that Sal guy was greasy I knew from the start when he came on the scene.. she went with him at the carnival because finn was with Olivia, but he was looking after Rae going off with Sal awww

Finn was waiting for Rae to come up with a reason for him to stay but she went to the party.. I wanted her to say stay for me

I hope he comes back or she goes to him or something next episode!!!
Old 03-11-2014, 08:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Finally watching the episode. FML.

OMG ARCHIE. He looked so sad about how his former friends treated him ... he's better off without friends who won't truly accept him for who he is, but it doesn't make it any less painful of course.

Rae getting jealous over Finn, she was so riled up seeing Finn with Olivia. Someone's obviously not over him. (Too bad she didn't show it later in the show though, but that's another story. )

I can see what she's acting the way she is, as in rebelling against authority and all. (*coughI'mlikethattoocough*) But still, I really dislike how she is slowly in a downward spiral like that and burning all the people around her who truly care for her and it's really not pleasant to watch because I really do root for her.

Rae's scene with her mum, ugh. I feel so bad for her mum because she was acting horribly. What she said about not wanting the baby to be like Rae was too cruel though. That scene was so well done though, Sharon's acting was spot on as always.

Rae you idiot ... he clearly wanted you to say anything, something to make him stay. I agree that he'd probably have stayed even if she still didn't want to be more than friends. He would have stayed because it was Rae. He was opening up to her and she failed him. And TBH, she doesn't deserve him at the moment ... she wasn't even acting like a friend to him, let alone a lover. UGH. She didn't even look sad when she realised he'd have to move. WTF RAE. One episode ago, you were saying that you realised how few special people like Finn existed and now this.

Finn and Archie ... LIGHTS OF MY LIFE. The only two characters that didn't break my heart/p*** me off this episode. The Rae/Archie bed scene was one of the better parts of the episode as was Archie being a good friend to Izzy and not judging her and keeping mum about seeing the kiss. He could have easily lashed out at Chop but he didn't. MY BABY. I'm so glad he called out the douchewaffles and Chop because he was SO right.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit

Last edited by destroyer of worlds; 03-11-2014 at 08:43 AM
Old 03-11-2014, 09:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Normally I watch the episode and post my reactions as I go but for this episode I'm just going to try and post my feelings about the episode in general.

This episode is so emotional and so packed full. After my initial knee jerk reaction to things I read I'm much more calm. Rae's self esteem is so bad to see and her being so stuck in her own head and trying to prove she's an adult and "normal" is just really messing her up. She is definitely heading into a downward spiral after so much and it's heartbreaking to see.

Her getting sexually assaulted... omg. I am so glad she got out there. And **** that guy for what he said. So glad she actually got of there and didn't let what he said keep her there. Even though it was just something else to add to her self esteem issues. And add that on top of what Chloe said (who also seems to be heading down a bad path).

Kester and Rae broke my heart. I get that what Kester was saying was true but he didn't seem to care before so it was weird he would all of a sudden say it. Especially when it seemed quite clear she needed help and someone to talk to.

The whole Liam/Rae situation is ugh! I get that he also mentions his body when saying to keep their clothes on but that doesn't make it right that he said that. And with all her insecurities that just added on and made her feel like ****. So much for me even liking them as friends. He clearly is not someone she can talk to and feel comfortable around.

I didn't see the Izzy/Chop thing coming at all. I was shocked but I love Archie standing up for himself against those guys and against Chop. Archie was so amazing this episode.

I love we can see both Rae and Finn still want to be together and care and got jealous. One of the few things I really loved this episode. I also really loved the scene between them when he is basically trying to get her to open up. Such a sweet and sad scene all at once. I really wish Rae could just open up to him and tell him the truth. But I get she feels she he deserves someone who doesn't go through what she does and looks like her. I wish she could just open up but I get it. I also wish Finn could just flat out say how he's feeling but I get it too. Especially with Rae not telling him the truth about her feelings and Finn blaming himself for the break up. Finn.

I am so pissed and disappointed she chose to go to a party instead of talking to Finn about leaving though. Rae what the ****?! The to be continued had me sad and his face when leaving.

Rae in general is all over the place this episode. Making so many bad ****ing decisions. Ugh! Damn it Rae!

Rae and her mom also made me sad. This was so such a harsh and emotional scene.

I'm not sure I trust Rae's dad. I mean he seemed ok until he started going in about her mom. But the fact alone he left them and was living so close without trying to contact her is so ****ty. I'm sure this will be another bad thing for Rae.

The gang being no more is wow. Another thing I didn't see coming. But I am loving that at least Rae and Archie were there for each other. Their friendship is so amazing. And one of the top things I look forward to when I watch an episode.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:43 AM
Master Fan

I don't even know what to feel ... I was very entertained by the episode but yeah, it felt too Skins for my taste, considering I used to love that show but then hated it with my soul.

But to be honest, the "let's bring drama out of nowhere" has been going on since episode 4, and it has felt like Skins since ep 4 IMO.

Rae is acting so stupid... so childish, so WRONG. She needs to stop now before something even WORSE happens.

Liam, I used to like you but you can **** off now.

Archie you were flawless.

Chop I am hurt by the fact that you don't stand up for Archie, but at least you're getting screentime now? idk, also Tix wtf? you a whoe.

Linda... I love you, I really do, I feel you, you might not be the best mother in the world, you may be a little crazy too, but I'm on your side and Karim's.

Kester, I understand that maybe the reason why your past relationship didn't work was because you didn't have a personal life anymore, maybe you were taking your job home and that's why your wife wanted the divorce, but you're doing it wrong hun. You could have talked to Rae and make her see that a phone call was no wrong, but visiting at night was or something like that, you could have told her after the first time she went to your apartment. Yes, we consider the gf a bitch because she told Kester to not see her patients at home, but we also have to understand her point of view, she doesn't know Rae, she doesn't care about her, she's trying to have a relationship w this guy and this girl goes twice at night to his home without calling and interrupting their "time" together. Also, she might think Rae is dangerous or something.

Finn, you're kinda too good to be true, and that's kinda making me roll my eyes more than once for you and I don't like that. I like you, I think you're adorable and legit a good person, but I think the writers are trying to write you as a perfect male teenager and I just don't buy it.

And now Chloe...

I have problems with Chloe but at the same time, is hard to understand her because we're not inside her diary, so I like the fact that we're going to spy on that next week, even tho is WRONG for Rae to read it, I like that at least us viewers will be able to understand how Chloe feels around the gang now.

I was re-watching ep 3 yesterday and it broke my heart to see when she's crying on her own and Rae asks her if she's ok... she says "I'm fine" the same way she said it in ep 5, she always pretends to be "FINE" but she clearly isn't. The attention seeking is already a sign that something IS going on w her. Problem is, everyone calls her names because of the way she acts towards Rae, but Rae acts very stupidly as well, so I don't know which side to take? I think Chloe has done way worse things since S1, Rae was too good of a friend, but I was really pissed at the fact that Chloe stood up for Rae last ep and got bitch slapped over her when she ended up kissing Liam and admitting it. I was glad to see Chloe forgot about it and they were OK in the beg of this ep, but the party scene made me feel SO UNCOMFORTABLE.

I dunno maybe it was just me, but the makeout felt like it took FOREVER to finish? and the creeps faces in the background just ... NO. NO. PLEASE DON'T DO THIS. That wasn't even necessary really? why?

Also, Chloe was going to tell Rae something at school and Rae reminded her of last night and she didn't finish telling her whatever she had in mind. I wonder wtf happened in that party after Rae left... and I wonder how long is going to take for Chloe to sort her sht out, she needs help, she needs to ASK for help.

Last edited by DGSAFDMD; 03-11-2014 at 10:49 AM
Old 03-11-2014, 11:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I disagree about Finn being perfect. Him in the beginning of S1, the fact he seems to have insecurities too, and also doesn't know how to open up completely at least with words. Him running away from the problems instead of opening up (and Rae is guilty of that too). For a few examples. He makes mistakes too. His so far just not have been as bad as some of the rest of the gang have done.

And I agree about Chloe and really all of the other characters. Rae has done some ****ty things and I have called her out on it and they all have but with it being from Rae's pov (and me being able to relate) it's so much easier to see where she is coming from on things.

As for Chloe I don't like her but I don't hate her either. And I get she has her own problems. And I wish both her and Rae would talk to each other. Both are suffering from each other (the jealousies they feel towards each other) and just other things.

Communication seems to be a major flaw.
Old 03-11-2014, 11:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

finn also flaunted olivia in front of rae's face, which was a dick move, but overall, i don't think the writers are trying to wank finn's perfection. he's a good person and a good friend and there is nothing wrong with being that, whilst not having a sht load of baggage to whine about. god forbid, someone be normal on this show.
Old 03-11-2014, 12:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah that too about Olivia. And I definitely agree. There is nothing wrong with Finn being how he his. And for me that isn't perfect. He's just what you said he is but he also has his flaws too.
Old 03-11-2014, 12:26 PM
Master Fan

The look on Finn's face at the fun fair when Rae went off with that Saul guy. He was so not ok with that.

I'm having a good felling about Rae and Finn. After episode 3/4, I was a little sad and off but this episode conforted me on the fact that Finn and Rae still have the hots for each other. Finn, in particular, is madly in love with the girl. He wanted her to say something, to ask him to stay, to be THE reason. He loves her, he wants her and was just waiting for a move from Rae. That makes me feel better for the two next episodes.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 03-11-2014, 12:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I have major faith in FR. It's clear Finn loves her and I know some might not agree after last episode but I feel Rae still loves Finn. What she did was ****ty and ugh when he was asking her if he had any reason to stay and she leaves but I do still believe she loves him back.

These two just really need to open up and talk to each. And Rae needs to start it off.
Old 03-11-2014, 01:30 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fractured moonlight (View Post)
These two just really need to open up and talk to each.
Finn tried, he really did... and she just sat there. Was she caught off guard? Did she not know what to say? I have no idea but I would never have left a friend hanging like that. He must have felt like he meant nothing to her.
Old 03-11-2014, 02:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That's why I said both but I also think Finn needs to do more opening up too but it's Rae that needs to start it off. As you said he did try but still so just not full on talking. It was beating around the bush so to speak. And maybe Rae didn't quite get what he was asking her.

But in my opinion I think everything is really coming to a head now. Her dealing with Tix's death and not having that friend to go to, her dealing with the fact her mom is changing religions and just dropped it in her lap and being overwhelmed by it, feeling replaced with her mom having a new baby, her insecurities, self esteem issues, etc. And based on what we know the self esteem and body issues in general really **** Rae up and she seems like she doesn't belong with him. He deserves someone skinny, gorgeous, not "crazy", not someone who has all this baggage, and etc. And if she told him to stay for her she would probably feel like she was holding him back and would eventually make him more miserable too. Didn't she say something like wanted to break up with him before they could even stand to be in the same room or something.

But in doing all that she is being selfish because yeah I get she thinks he might be miserable she isn't giving him the chance to tell her how he feels. She is deciding everything. And it pisses me off!

And I do still believe the way she went about it was so ****ty. Ugh!

Of course all that could be wrong. It's just my opinion of how I see things.

But who knows next episode could change my opinion entirely.