Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-25-2014, 05:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettytinydots (View Post)
did you like the touch of finn putting his head phones on? i laughed so hard when i saw him doing that.
do you think he was listening to weezer? HE HAD TO BE!
Old 02-25-2014, 06:26 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas forever (View Post)
I think he was listening to weezer! or the stone roses, she should have put that cd on

He still cares about her you can see when he looks, he probably doesn't know why she was acting like those girls ewww its so not like her!
Old 02-25-2014, 06:52 AM
New Fan

Backstreet Boys make me want to scold my inner thighs with the hottest substance known to man: strawberry jam PopTarts. They make me want to spend months learning how to drive, then years of working hard, saving up all my money, so I can buy a Land Rover and run them all down. They are everything that is wrong with the world. They are destroying music.

sooo funny!
Old 02-25-2014, 08:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Okay finally done with the episode that is kind of destroying me.

Rae/Finn had like two scenes together and still, they killed me. Finn was so sad in the swing scene that he couldn't even muster a half smile. And ... "Rae, what did I do wrong?" And awkward common room moment was awkward, and I cringed when she was smirking towards his direction and he just avoided all eye contact and put his headphones on. Not that I blamed him though. I just need them to be okay again. Preferably soon.

Rae calling Archie a phony is just hard to watch when she's doing exactly the same thing but I'm glad she realised it and told Stacey off. He was so sweet with the singing though, I was melting. The restaurant scene was awesome because she finally realised what a douchebag Stacey is. Too bad that was followed up with her being a completely bad friend to Archie. He was really off base with the laughing at Rae thing and then deceiving Lois into thinking he loved her but that was still SO WRONG. Rae has the horrible tendency of lashing out at people she loves sometimes, even if I think she doesn't mean to. I just can't deal with Rae being on the outs with both Finn and Archie.

I like Liam. He's rough around the edges but TBH Rae's other interactions in this episode were more poisonous than any she shared with Liam. Still don't want a Rae/Liam romance but I like their growing friendship.

Danny talking about ducks calming him down ... awh. He's adorable.

Echo-ing what everyone said about where were Chop and Izzy in the midst of this clusterfck?? They do go to the same college, right?

OMG GO CHLOE. She was on FIRE this episode. I like that even though she initially didn't want to go against Stacey, she still made it clear to Rae that what she said about the girl who was the 'biggest loser in college' was wrong. And her tearing Stacey apart was AWESOME.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit

Last edited by destroyer of worlds; 02-25-2014 at 05:15 PM
Old 02-25-2014, 08:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved Chloe at the end. She is a queen B that you want on your side for sure.

The end left me feeling weird because I usually love Rae and get a bit annoyed with Chloe s behavior and it was the opposite. I get what Rae was feeling but really she should not of outed Archie. That should of been something he did in his own time. The outcome for Louis is still the same, she gets hurt, but now that news is out in the open with Archie not ready at all for it to be.

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
Old 02-25-2014, 10:37 AM
Master Fan

I had no idea we were talking about the episodes premiering online, good to know I won't be spoiling anyone

Because I didn't love Chloe enough, she was absolutely flawless in this episode. I was just waiting for her to do something but I just wasn't sure what she was going to do. Was it me or the whole recorder thing was a bit cheesy tho? felt like a typical american movie when the baddie gets what they deserved, IDK.

Liked Liam's scenes, I kinda want him to date Lois? I feel bad for Lois and tho Liam is kinda weird, he seems fun and nice. I like the fact that he understands Rae tho, he kinda knows what's going on because they go to therapy together and stuff, I think he'd be some sort of Tix replacement, completely different personalities obviously, but in a way, he can help Rae losing up, something Tix and Dany weren't able to do.

Last scene with Rae and Archie physically hurt, for Lois, for Archie and for Rae. I understand why Rae did what she did, she forgave Archie twice, first for playing with her in S1, then for being fake and laugh at her with his "friends" and she could have just ignored him and never talk to him again, but Lois didn't deserve that, I am sure Rae will feel guilty in a way tho, she might try to talk to Lois about not telling anyone else?

BSB mention was absolutely hilarious, I was 7 in 96 so I was a HUGE fan when the chicks started doing the dance moves, it was priceless!

Wish we'd seen more Kester, nice to see Dany for a bit.

Weezer represents my puberty, not their first albums but when they released Hash Pipe I was 12... and I absolutely loved them so I was smiling like an idiot when they were mentioned.

This episode talked to me in many ways tho, not only the music, but I've been where Rae is in regards to Archie, also in regards to hanging out with the wrong people just to not be alone, or changing from being talked down to, to talk sht about the people around you. I never tried as much as Rae, I just became a total bitch, so yeah, this episode was spot on!
Old 02-25-2014, 01:29 PM
Dedicated Fan

For those who want to watch somewhere else besides e4 (the buffering was horrible when I watched it) or just can't watch because you're in the US, here's a link to watch on Dailymotion:

Last edited by sweet creature; 02-25-2014 at 02:11 PM Reason: links for episodes are only allowed via PMs :)
Old 02-25-2014, 02:09 PM
New Fan

Hi everyone, I'm new. Pleased to meet you all.

Loving the new series so far - I feel it has stepped up a notch on the drama, which is great.

After watching this episode, I'm so mad at Rae. To be fair, I was after ep 2 as well. Instead of breaking up with Finn she could have talked to him about it all.

Quote:
if rae wanted to shed some honesty somewhere, why not start with finn?
- I agree.

I also think there is more to Finn's character than we know yet. Somebody said in another thread about Finn being a bit too perfect and too nice - well I think he has got more flaws and issues we just don't know about yet.

I'd like to see more of Finn's character development, as many people have pointed out, there was a serious lack of Finn in this ep.

Rae and Archie's relationship is really suffering now. I don't know if they can come back from this.
I get why she said what she said at the end, but I still don't think it was fair of her to out him like that.
But that's what makes the show so real - people do stupid things when they are angry.

But what is so frustrating about this, I think, is that it is so not who Rae is; Rae is a caring, supportive and honest friend. She shows this side of herself when she offers advice to Lois.
By outing him in such a harsh way, she has ruined the integrity of their relationship.

This episode was good, because it got into the main issue of 'who is Rae?' She is working out her identity, and for a lot of this episode, she isn't acting herself.
I love the moment in the restaurant when Stacey has just said those horrible things about her 'friend' - you see Rae floating back into herself. Then she goes '**** it.'
And I was like - she's back.

I'm really starting to like Liam - theirs is becoming an important relationship, much like her relationship with Tix was, because they both know they have stuff. And that's okay.

Anyway, those are some of my thoughts.

Nari
X
Old 02-25-2014, 02:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

Great reviews, guys.

Shunda, I had to edit your post because episode links are allowed to be posted on . You can share them via PMs though, so if anyone needs a link for the episode, that can be exchanged via PMs.

Nari, I'm Catia, nice to meet you too.

I just finished watching the episode, and I thought that some parts were really hilarious. The BSS thing especially lmfao, even though I don't think they are as bad as Rae thinks they are.

Stacy turned out to be a real bitch sooner than I was expecting. During her scenes, I felt like I was watching the Mean Girls movie, Stacy is like a less (way less) cool and funny version of Regina George. The girls making fun of Rae for not having the right expensive clothes is something I really can relate to, I had to deal with that as well for many years at school. I also hated how Stacey was basically making Chloe her slave and making fun of all of the other girls behind her backs. I love that Rae stood up to her and and that Chloe showed everybody Stacey's true colors. You rock, ladies.

Archie apologizing to Rae with that song was so sweet. Which makes the way this episode ended even more hurtful, sigh... I really don't like what Archie has been doing either, he could just stay single or pretend to have a girlfriend who goes to another school, IDK. I get why he's pretending to be straight, but there are a lot more ways to do that and anything is better than leading those girls on. But nothing justifies what Rae did. I seriously can't believe how she could do that to her friend. During the hiatus we had long talks about the possibility of Archie being outed by someone (because people are that mean), but we always thought that, of all people, Rae would be there for him. And now she's the one who does that awful thing? I'm so disappointed with her. Especially because she knows exactly how it feels to be bullied, and she's not honest with anyone either. She wasn't honest with Finn, she's not even honest with Kester!!! So UGH. Here's to hoping that Lois (I think it was Lois?) keeps Archie's secret, but I doubt he'll be that lucky, since his own best friend couldn't do it.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:08 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
OFC!! you know it.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

not reading not reading not reading

it won't work for me tonight i need to see this episode
& it hits me when the lights go on. s---, maybe i miss you
miss you by louis tomlinson
BUY IT ON ITUNESSTREAM IT ON SPOTIFY
▌casey · © ·
Old 02-25-2014, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I hope you get to see it soon Casey. Though prepared.
Old 02-25-2014, 05:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Welcome to the board, Nari.

Other random thoughts I have on the episode:

Maybe it’s me with my RF rose-coloured glasses on but I’m actually surprised that Finn didn’t try to find out the real reason why Rae broke up with him. It was a flimsy excuse IMO because she was always clearly onboard with the relationship despite her insecurities so I would think he would be super confused and probe further. Unless it’s just a case of him wanting to keep some distance for a while and then trying to find out the truth when they both weren’t hurting so much. Though Rae didn’t appear to be that hurt about them ending TBH. I’m glad she knew how important it was to give him some space and distancing herself from the gang for now. We really need more gang scenes in the next few episodes though.

Kester’s face when Rae collapsed … OMG. You could tell he was absolutely terrified that the Tix incident would repeat itself and it killed him.

Rae’s face when she walked in on her mum and the pregnant club members … totally priceless. What she said about vaginas in the air cracked me up. And how guilty she and Karim looked when they caught each other binging and smoking respectively. I’m really loving her interactions with her family, even more so this season.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 02-25-2014, 05:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree. Besides, Finn can't possibly be that willingly obtuse. He has to know people make fun of her for her weight and lots of her insecurities stem from that.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 02-25-2014, 05:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Nari - I apologize. I forgot to welcome you on my last post. So welcome to the board. I'm Heather.

Sarah - I wonder if Finn is just trying to give her space and hope she comes talk to him or I don't. Because it was a bad excuse. There is no way it's going to be like it was and then she just all of a sudden want to be friends.