Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-29-2014, 09:24 AM
Elite Fan

Rip Off(3.05)- Episode Discussion

Rip Off(3.05)- Episode Discussion

SHERLOCK AND KITTY INVESTIGATE A MURDER CONNECTED TO THE ILLEGAL DIAMOND TRADE, ON “ELEMENTARY,” THURSDAY, NOV. 27

Rip Off” – Sherlock and Kitty investigate the murder of a small postal store owner whose death is connected to the illegal diamond trade. Also, Captain Gregson puts his career in jeopardy when he hits a fellow NYPD officer, on ELEMENTARY, Thursday, Nov. 27 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network.
REGULAR CAST
Jonny Lee Miller (Sherlock Holmes)
Lucy Liu (Joan Watson)
Aidan Quinn (Captain Tommy Gregson)
Jon Michael Hill (Detective Marcus Bell)
GUEST CAST:
Ophelia Lovibond (Kitty Winter)
Rafi Silver (Amit Hattengatti)
Liza J. Bennett (Hannah Gregson)
Michael DeMello (Dana Kazmir)
Cynthia Kerr (Leslie Hendrix)
Daniel Abeles (Leonard Oosthuizen)
Joe Grifasi (Captain Moretti)
Nadia Dajani (Dr. Grannis)
Derek Grabner (Chris Stotz)
Stuart Zagnit (Josef Shapiro)
Emmanuel Brown (Uni Cop)
Paige Patterson (Businesswoman)
Corey Patrick (Sargeant)
Matt Loney (Impound Cop)
WRITTEN BY: Jason Tracey
DIRECTED BY: John Polson
GENRE: DRAMA
Old 11-29-2014, 09:32 AM
Elite Fan

sorry that the thread is so late

I have been quite busy this week, and for some reason, as I am not in the US and therefore don't watch the show when it airs, I thought that there wasn't an episode this week because of Thanksgiving.
Old 11-29-2014, 09:39 AM
Part-Time Fan

Cynthia Kerr is the characters name.

Almost thought the car being towed had ripped off the hand of Mooshie Shapiro. He was a diamond smuggler/salesman. He owned a mailbox company. But Sherlock's manican tests proved it was pulled off by hand. I liked the arm wrestling with Dana Kasmir. I looked it up and I think Holmes kinda fibbed about the way to do it. But with help of Lawyer Cynthia Kerr he quickly gave up. But we findout later why. Yes he killed Mooshie Shapiro, but he wasn't the mastermind. It made him sick, but he needed the cash. I guess he didn't know what was in the suitcase. But with it cuffed to Mooshies wrist, you would think it was important? But he did help find the mastermind. It actually was kind of interesting with a few twists and turns. We find that Lawyer Cynthia Kerr was in on it. We find that employee Amit Hattengatti, who blamed it on rival diamond magnate Leonard Oosthuizen. Gem smuggler George Masuleu(sp?) had died awhile back. He had been recieveing gems once a month, Holmes says. 3 people that were in the mail store at time of Mooshies comfrontation with Leonard Oosthuizen are on a list to be killed. Employee Amit Hattengatti and patons Antonio Barrios and Linda Devine. It is nice that Detective Bell though the leader was Leonard. Holmes wasn't so sure. He finally figures out that the slang used in the note was by Amit. The ornage rubber bands from the store was the key.

Interesting that Holmes found that Joan Watson had wrote a book on his exploits. Then his not actually reading it. Kitty dumped her pop on the notebook to destroy the story. That surprised me, and Holmes. Wonder what Joan will say?

I think Gregson should have told Captain Morretti about Stotz. It was nice that Kitty helped Gregson. He went and shook hands with Officer Chris Stotz. Even though it was great(to me) that Captain Thomas Gregson popped him in the nose for touching his daughter Officer Hanna Gregson. But somehow Kitty helped Stotz realize that he should quit and become a Security Guard.

It was also interesting to see Holmes, Kitty and Det. Bell work the case without Watson. We also had Captain Thomas Gregson on his own with a litle help from Kitty.
Old 11-29-2014, 10:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the thread!!! I couldn't wait to comment.

Wow wow wow character’s relationships galore this week!

I loved this episode, I thought it flowed very well and it was nice to have Gregson in his own storyline, has his daughter ever been introduced before ? Also Kitty was the link between every storylines and it worked well.

Anyway, surprisingly the lack of Watson didn’t bother me that much, she was still here through the book drama lol I wish Sherlock had read us some parts. It was very clever from the writer because in a sense she was there all along.

Oh Kitty I love you so much. The casting departmenet is really good, she has such a don’t mess with me face, I loved the bit where she talked about her past experience to Gregson to help him with his daughter: it's about her, not him. I just wish Sherlock/Watson fans wouldn’t feel threatened by her. Sherlock has been clear last episode concerning his relationship with Watson.

The Gregson/Kitty bits were perfect, now that she had interacted personally with all of them I feel like she's part of the group .

Last edited by severalmiles; 11-30-2014 at 09:04 AM Reason: double post
Old 11-30-2014, 09:05 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4dark (View Post)
Thanks for the thread!!! I couldn't wait to comment.
You're welcome
Old 12-04-2014, 05:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Have you seen it yet Emma?
Old 12-04-2014, 11:20 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4dark (View Post)
Have you seen it yet Emma?
yes, I finally watched it and am now about to watch the next episode so I don't get behind again!

I loved this episode, the bits with Clyde and his apparent hatred of Kitty were great, I wonder if that was an intentional acknowledgement of the fans who have not warmed to kitty

the case was interesting, but as usual far less interesting than the other storylines going on, still it was nice to see Bell, Sherlock and Kitty working together.

I loved Gregson's storyline and that we got to see a bit more into his storyline as well as meeting his daughter, it was nice for him to get his own storyline for once even if it meant that he didn't interact with the other characters much. Also it was awesome to see him and Kitty able to bond over something, even if it was based around the misfortune that both his daughter and Kitty have been through.

I also didn't feel like Watson was missing from the episode, even if she wasn't there in person, they definitely made sure that she was mentioned throughout, and her absence meant that Gregson and Bell both got a little extra screentime.
Sherlock's paranoia and betrayal over Watson writing the 'Casebook of Sherlock Holmes' was understandable but I am glad that it was Kitty that helped him come to terms with why she may have written it. In a way it was a good thing that Joan wasn't around as I feel that it would have lead to another argument between them about her writing, instead Sherlock got to sort out his feelings with Kitty without it having to come between Sherlock and Watson.
Old 12-27-2014, 06:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I loved this episode, the bits with Clyde and his apparent hatred of Kitty were great, I wonder if that was an intentional acknowledgement of the fans who have not warmed to kitty
THIS! It's genius and I think you're onto something!