Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-01-2014, 08:58 AM
Elite Fan

Paint It Black(2.22) ~ Episode Discussion

Elementary 2.22- Paint It Black
PRESS RELEASE
SHERLOCK IS FORCED TO PARTNER WITH HIS ESTRANGED BROTHER, MYCROFT, AS HE RACES TO SOLVE A LIFE-OR-DEATH CASE, ON “ELEMENTARY,” ON THURSDAY, MAY 1

Lucy Liu Makes Her Directorial Debut for Television

Rhys Ifans Guest Stars as Mycroft Holmes

“Paint It Black” – Business becomes personal for Sherlock when he is forced to partner with his estranged brother, Mycroft, to solve a case with life-or-death consequences, on ELEMENTARY, Thursday, May 1 (10:01-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Lucy Liu makes her directorial debut for television. Rhys Ifans guest stars as Mycroft Holmes.

SERIES REGULARS:

Jonny Lee Miller (Sherlock Holmes)
Lucy Liu (Joan Watson)
Aidan Quinn (Captain Tommy Gregson)
Jon Michael Hill (Detective Marcus Bell)

RECURRING CAST:

Rhys Ifans (Mycroft Holmes)

WRITTEN BY: Robert Hewitt Wolfe
DIRECTED BY: Lucy Liu
Old 05-01-2014, 04:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the discussion thread, Emma! I'm looking forward to this episode - the last was such a cliffhanger!

New! Benedict Cumberbatch Forum

~Sherry | avi by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 05-01-2014, 11:26 PM
Elite Fan

Dang it cliffhanger (sorta again!)
Old 05-02-2014, 10:35 AM
Elite Fan

great episode, glad to see Tim Guinee back

the episode was intense! We got to see the more ruthless side of Sherlock again, seems like that side of him pretty much only comes out when either 'Irene' or Joan are involved, I didn't doubt it for a second that Sherlock was serious when he told Mycroft he would kill him if anything happened to Joan.

Glad that they balanced the heavier scenes with some lighter scenes, I loved that Sherlock took every chance he could to remind Mycroft that he was no replacement for Joan
Old 05-02-2014, 12:52 PM
Elite Fan

I loved the fact that Mycroft pointed out that Joan was the person Sherlock loved most in the world goes to show that Mycroft would be a little suicidal to continue to mess with Joan. I'm kinda a little sad that Sherlock didn;t punch Mycroft...

This episode was AWESOME!! Seeing Sherlock ready to torture/dismember Herr Yoder was INTENSE!! And I loved it! !LOL!!
Old 05-02-2014, 01:17 PM
Elite Fan

I loved that they finally showed Mycroft's sneakiness.
Old 05-02-2014, 01:42 PM
Elite Fan

Sherlock will be glad Watson is unharmed, but He won't let Mycroft get away with tazing him.
Old 05-02-2014, 05:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

^ Do you suppose Sherlock meant it about Mycroft getting completely out of his - and Joan's - life?

New! Benedict Cumberbatch Forum

~Sherry | avi by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 05-02-2014, 10:10 PM
New Fan

rivalry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChakotaysLover (View Post)
Sherlock will be glad Watson is unharmed, but He won't let Mycroft get away with tazing him.
It occurred to me that this will just kill Sherlock...that Mycroft was not only able to pull this off , but manipulate him and pull the wool over his eyes so well. The tazing was just the cherry on top so to speak.

Anyone else think the NSA only showed up to try and slow down Sherlock, but they were in on it from the beginning? Hard to tell, the shooter guy at the end spoke with a Brit accent didn't he? I can't imagine US gov allowing any British operations to execute a plan like this on their own.

It'll be interesting to see Joan's reaction, especially after seeing that guy being shot and hearing all the voicemails that Sherlock left . LOL!

Can't wait until next week. Hate cliffie's !!
Old 05-03-2014, 09:29 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdgcat (View Post)
It occurred to me that this will just kill Sherlock...that Mycroft was not only able to pull this off , but manipulate him and pull the wool over his eyes so well. The tazing was just the cherry on top so to speak.

Anyone else think the NSA only showed up to try and slow down Sherlock, but they were in on it from the beginning? Hard to tell, the shooter guy at the end spoke with a Brit accent didn't he? I can't imagine US gov allowing any British operations to execute a plan like this on their own.

It'll be interesting to see Joan's reaction, especially after seeing that guy being shot and hearing all the voicemails that Sherlock left . LOL!

Can't wait until next week. Hate cliffie's !!
Sherlock will not be happy that Mycroft managed to keep something like that a secret for all this time, and that he tricked him into finding the list of people for him.

I didn't think about the NSA being in on it, that could be a possibility.
Old 05-03-2014, 10:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I have mixed feelings about the episode. Don't get me wrong, it was a great and intense one, but I feel that things will go down very badly. Sherlock is on the verge and he needs Joan when that happens. Will she be there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by severalmiles (View Post)

the episode was intense! We got to see the more ruthless side of Sherlock again, seems like that side of him pretty much only comes out when either 'Irene' or Joan are involved, I didn't doubt it for a second that Sherlock was serious when he told Mycroft he would kill him if anything happened to Joan.
You're right. And even if it can be seen as endearing, it breaks my heart that he's so dependent. I don't want Sherlock to be "normal" if you know what I mean , but he has to gain some perspective. Not really in this episode because Joan was in danger and he had to help her, but he has to realize that Joan doesn't exist solely to be there for him. And this is what I wrote the other day in another thread, I'm not going to say it again.

It's very clear how Sherlock feels about Joan, in this one I'm with Mycroft, she's the person he loves the most (no, I don't want them to be a couple ), but I would like to know about Joan.

In the end when the guy told the others to shoot them, were they really expecting us to believe that it would happen?

It seems that Mycroft is indeed working with the British government, was it MI5?
Old 05-03-2014, 12:03 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiab (View Post)
You're right. And even if it can be seen as endearing, it breaks my heart that he's so dependent. I don't want Sherlock to be "normal" if you know what I mean , but he has to gain some perspective. Not really in this episode because Joan was in danger and he had to help her, but he has to realize that Joan doesn't exist solely to be there for him. And this is what I wrote the other day in another thread, I'm not going to say it again.
It's clear to me that Sherlock needs her more than she needs him...
Quote:
It's very clear how Sherlock feels about Joan, in this one I'm with Mycroft, she's the person he loves the most (no, I don't want them to be a couple ), but I would like to know about Joan.
He loves her but is not in love with her.
Quote:
It seems that Mycroft is indeed working with the British government, was it MI5?
Either that or MI6 or some other clandestine agency.
Old 05-03-2014, 01:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutesse (View Post)
^ Do you suppose Sherlock meant it about Mycroft getting completely out of his - and Joan's - life?

I'm pretty sure he did. Sherlock doesn't say anything he doesn't mean in a serious tone. To me, Sherlock tollerates his brother, but when it comes to Joan, Sherlock is down right territorial about her. He see's in her all the goodness she's created in him. He wants to protect that. I mean he was in a very dark place and it was Joan who brought him out of it more than anyone else.

Quote:

Love comes in many different forms. Sherlock can love Joan without wanting to be romantically involved with her. There is the deep emotional love of friends.
Old 05-04-2014, 01:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^^
^

I never said that Sherlock was in love with Joan; he can love her in the sense that she's the person he cares and needs the most.
Old 05-04-2014, 01:45 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiab (View Post)
I never said that Sherlock was in love with Joan; he can love her in the sense that she's the person he cares and needs the most.
Lol. I was agreeing with you in my own words.