Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-10-2014, 10:03 AM
Elite Fan

No Lack of Void(2.20)~Episode Discussion

No Lack of Void(2.20)~Episode Discussion

PRESS RELEASE:
WHEN A PICKPOCKET DIES OF ANTHRAX POISONING, HOLMES AND WATSON RACE TO FIND THE SOURCE TO PREVENT AN OUTBREAK, ON “ELEMENTARY,” THURSDAY, APRIL 10

“No Lack of Void” – A pickpocket dies of anthrax poisoning, putting Holmes and Watson on the trail of the toxin’s source in order to prevent more deaths, on ELEMENTARY, Thursday, April 10 (10:01-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.
SERIES REGULARS:
Jonny Lee Miller (Sherlock Holmes)
Lucy Liu (Joan Watson)
Aidan Quinn (Captain Tommy Gregson)
Jon Michael Hill (Detective Marcus Bell)

RECURRING CAST:
Roger Rees (Alistair)

WRITTEN BY: Liz Friedman and Jeffrey Paul King
DIRECTED BY: Sanaa Hamri
Old 04-10-2014, 01:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Emma

Shelle
Old 04-11-2014, 06:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

I remembered to watch this last night!

New! Benedict Cumberbatch Forum

~Sherry | avi by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 04-11-2014, 09:52 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutesse (View Post)
I remembered to watch this last night!
what did you think?
Old 04-11-2014, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

I liked it, Emma.
If I keep watching, I'll have to get used to Johnny's delivery. His speaking voice is low but fast, not moving his lips a lot. And of course, the British accent.
Any one of those things, no problem. The combination of all of them is a little tricky because I'm not accustomed to it.

The story was a little predictable, though. I suspected the farmer brother almost immediately.

New! Benedict Cumberbatch Forum

~Sherry | avi by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 04-12-2014, 07:52 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutesse (View Post)
I liked it, Emma.
If I keep watching, I'll have to get used to Johnny's delivery. His speaking voice is low but fast, not moving his lips a lot. And of course, the British accent.
Any one of those things, no problem. The combination of all of them is a little tricky because I'm not accustomed to it.

The story was a little predictable, though. I suspected the farmer brother almost immediately.
glad you liked it

I have heard a lot of people say that they find it hard to understand him. Often I do miss information because he is talking too fast but i don't tend to have a problem with the accent or his voice. Maybe it's just because i am used to it

I thought it was a little predictable too. My favourite part of the show is the character development and continuous storylines, the procedural element just goes along with that
Old 04-12-2014, 12:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by severalmiles (View Post)

I have heard a lot of people say that they find it hard to understand him. Often I do miss information because he is talking too fast but i don't tend to have a problem with the accent or his voice. Maybe it's just because i am used to it

I thought it was a little predictable too. My favourite part of the show is the character development and continuous storylines, the procedural element just goes along with that
I have that problem too. Sometimes I only get what he says when I see the gifs on tumblr

That's the reason I watch the show, to see the personal relationships and the character development. The show does that beautifully. I hope in the future we'll see more of the supporting cast and they'll dig more into Joan's life.

Because the season is so long, it's inevitable that some cases are not interesting, I just go with it because there's always some great scenes between the characters.
Old 04-13-2014, 10:43 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiab (View Post)
Because the season is so long, it's inevitable that some cases are not interesting, I just go with it because there's always some great scenes between the characters.
that is true it would be hard to think of so many cases, I don't know how shows like NCIS etc. with many seasons, do it!
Old 04-17-2014, 11:56 AM
Part-Time Fan

Didn't like that Alistair Moore was dead. Wonder why they killed him off?? And he ODed. Sherlock was worried but he persevered. Went to a meeting at end.
We had an anthrax scare. Apollo Mercer had been infected. They find Charley Simon dead in storage unit, Anthrax missing. I thought the brother farmer Bart MacIntosh had something going on. Then he had to shoot his brother Eugene, who he said was poisoning the cows. I knew something was up.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:13 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by webruce (View Post)
Didn't like that Alistair Moore was dead. Wonder why they killed him off?? And he ODed. Sherlock was worried but he persevered. Went to a meeting at end.
I liked him I wish he had been able to be in the show a bit more, but I did like how they handled his death and how it affected Sherlock.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:11 PM
New Fan

tired of murders

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiab (View Post)
I have that problem too. Sometimes I only get what he says when I see the gifs on tumblr

That's the reason I watch the show, to see the personal relationships and the character development. The show does that beautifully. I hope in the future we'll see more of the supporting cast and they'll dig more into Joan's life.

I agree, it's a apart of watching a tv show that goes over 20 eppys in a long season...but my biggest issue is the emphasis on murders. CSI used to the do the same thing, which is why I stopped watching...that and Gil Grissom ( let's face it, a great Sherlock substitute) left . Most murders aren't interesting , they're predictable. Most murder victims are killed by someone close to them. That's why Hollywwod loves serial killers , you've got the unpredictable nature victim choice.

One of the things that ACD Sherlock did was he loved interesting challenging cases. The actual crime committed was incidental. I wish this show would follow that template more often. I have the same issue with most crime drama type shows.

When he got into that issue with his father and breaking off $$$ wise , I thought that's where they were going , he'd be forced to accept $$$ investigations that weren't earth shattering or important, but could turn out to be interesting and maybe funny .
Old 04-28-2014, 09:29 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdgcat (View Post)
I agree, it's a apart of watching a tv show that goes over 20 eppys in a long season...but my biggest issue is the emphasis on murders. CSI used to the do the same thing, which is why I stopped watching...that and Gil Grissom ( let's face it, a great Sherlock substitute) left . Most murders aren't interesting , they're predictable. Most murder victims are killed by someone close to them. That's why Hollywwod loves serial killers , you've got the unpredictable nature victim choice.

One of the things that ACD Sherlock did was he loved interesting challenging cases. The actual crime committed was incidental. I wish this show would follow that template more often. I have the same issue with most crime drama type shows.

When he got into that issue with his father and breaking off $$$ wise , I thought that's where they were going , he'd be forced to accept $$$ investigations that weren't earth shattering or important, but could turn out to be interesting and maybe funny .
that's a good point. I would love to see some more variation in the cases, and some that don't revolve around murder!
Old 04-28-2014, 10:09 PM
New Fan

exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by severalmiles (View Post)
that's a good point. I would love to see some more variation in the cases, and some that don't revolve around murder!
I loved Snow Angels and have watched it several times (something I haven't done with other eppys) because while the guard getting shot was the reason Sherlock stuck with it...that wasn't the primary crime and it had tons of quirky trademark humor.

"What if they have guns?'

" I don't know, I have my whistle"

"You , I'll give a ride home. YOU get out"

Pam and Mrs. Hudson...great stuff that made that eppy raise above the standard crime drama that litters our TV's. That's the reason I've stuck with this show , besides the character development and the way they've addressed Sherlocks addiction.