Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-06-2014, 04:59 AM
Elite Fan

The Five Orange Pipz[3.02]- Episode Discussion

The Five Orange Pipz [3.02]- Press Release
WHEN HOLMES AND WATSON JOIN FORCES ON A CASE, HOLMES’ NEW APPRENTICE, KITTY, CAUSES CONCERN WITH HER JEALOUS BEHAVIOR, ON “ELEMENTARY,” THURSDAY, NOV. 6

“The Five Orange Pipz” – When Holmes and Watson join forces on a double homicide, Sherlock’s new apprentice, Kitty, threatens the investigation when she allows her jealousy of Sherlock and Joan’s work rapport to override her better judgment, on ELEMENTARY, Thursday, Nov. 6 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network.
REGULAR CAST:

Jonny Lee Miller (Sherlock Holmes)
Lucy Liu (Joan Watson)
Aidan Quinn (Captain Tommy Gregson)
Jon Michael Hill (Detective Marcus Bell)

GUEST CAST:

Ophelia Lovibond (Kitty Winter)
Sonya Walger (Julianne Sims)
Chris McGarry (Vince Boden)
Zak Orth (Gabe Coleman)
John Rothman (Elias Openshaw)
Shayan Shojaee (Mr. Azeem)
Roger Rathburn (Defense Attorney)

WRITTEN BY: Bob Goodman
DIRECTED BY: Larry Teng
Old 11-06-2014, 08:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Jealous behavior! And it'll be good to see Zak Orth again!

New! Benedict Cumberbatch Forum

~Sherry | avi by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 11-06-2014, 09:51 AM
Elite Fan

I love Sonya Walger
The plot looks interesting

~ Pari ~ addicted to brainies Icon by me
Old 11-06-2014, 09:57 PM
Absolute Fan

Wow, that was a great episode. I liked the case a lot, and also the way Bell and Joan talked about Kitty, then Holmes finally told Joan about her past. I liked the references and quotations from the books, especially when Holmes said "genius is the capacity for taking infinite pains".
Old 11-06-2014, 09:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

It was a very good episode! I like Kitty .. she looks familiar, but I can't say what I've seen her in before. I'll have to look her up.
Anyway, she is no dummy.

Old 11-07-2014, 08:45 AM
Elite Fan

I haven't been able to see the new episode yet, but it will be good to see both Zak Orth and Sonya Walger in it
Old 11-09-2014, 10:50 PM
New Fan

Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cress (View Post)
Wow, that was a great episode. I liked the case a lot, and also the way Bell and Joan talked about Kitty, then Holmes finally told Joan about her past. I liked the references and quotations from the books, especially when Holmes said "genius is the capacity for taking infinite pains".

YES, loved the quote. I also loved how they worked the pips into the episode. I love it when they pull from the Canon, loads of fun.

I like the added tension and abrasiveness being brought by Kitty. She's rough around the edges as she should be and it's interesting to see her against Sherlock and our fair Joan. The scene in the interrogating room when they both turned their heads towards her simultaneously was a lovely touch.

Also, this was in the first episode, but I loved seeing Clyde again!! So nice that the writers didn't forget him.

Where's a turtle emoticon when you need it?
Old 11-10-2014, 08:13 AM
Dedicated Fan

I agree with y'all. I enjoyed the show. I do like Kitty. I'm just not sure I want her sticking around? Is she supposed to?
Old 11-10-2014, 09:26 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Boop (View Post)
I agree with y'all. I enjoyed the show. I do like Kitty. I'm just not sure I want her sticking around? Is she supposed to?
I am not sure, as far as I have heard she has only been booked for a recurring role but I don't know how long for...
Old 11-10-2014, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Do you all think Kitty's meant to have a crush on Sherlock?

Old 11-10-2014, 10:57 PM
New Fan

crush?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutesse (View Post)
Do you all think Kitty's meant to have a crush on Sherlock?
That's a tough one. It might just be that she really wants to be respected and Sherlock has this incredible confidence in himself that would be attractive to someone like her, that has been through so much and is probably trying to rebuild her own identity.

I would think she'd be wary of men given her recent experience , but Sherlock is in his own way " safe" don't you think? We've never seen him force a woman into anything like that or even trick them. They've all gone into intimate situations with him of their own free will. Not necessarily knowing his true name of course, LOL!

I'm thinking about the cross word puzzle lady he bluntly acknowledged was flirting with him. You don't see that on any other show.
Old 11-11-2014, 07:30 AM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks, Emma. I agree. In fact I thought I read she was only sticking around for a few early episodes. I easily seeing her walk out because Sherlock and Watson reconnect after this cooling off period.

@Lutesse: No. I don't get a romantic vibe from Kitty for Sherlock. I see more of a type of attachment because, her having had such a difficult past, he's taken an interest in her and is giving her a a skill she could use moving forward. That being said, I really think that Watson and Sherlock have a quasi romantic vibe going on. Am I the only one?
Old 11-12-2014, 09:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm done catching up, I had a hard time with Watson/Sherlock new dynamic I felt like my non-romantic ship had been crushed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Boop (View Post)
That being said, I really think that Watson and Sherlock have a quasi romantic vibe going on. Am I the only one?
I thought I was the only one! I totally got a romantic vibe from the premiere and that's the first time I feel that way. I wonder if it's unintentional, but contrary to other shows these writers are so in tune with their characters that I doubt they wouldn't notice. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I wasn't sure what to think of Kitty in the Premiere but I warmed up to her this episode, I might even miss her if she were to go.
Old 11-12-2014, 10:22 AM
Elite Fan

It doesn't seem to me that Kitty has a crush on Sherlock, I think it is more admiration of his work and an eagerness to learn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4dark (View Post)
I'm done catching up, I had a hard time with Watson/Sherlock new dynamic I felt like my non-romantic ship had been crushed
I am sure they will eventually get back to how they were before, or at least close, but it will probably take some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4dark (View Post)
I wasn't sure what to think of Kitty in the Premiere but I warmed up to her this episode, I might even miss her if she were to go.
I feel the same, I don't want her coming in between Sherlock and Watson but I am also warming to her and if they could make it work, I would love to see her stick around!
Old 11-14-2014, 06:42 AM
Dedicated Fan

@b4dark... Actually I've had that feeling for a while. We'll see if it goes anywhere. I actually hope it doesn't. Why? Because in my tv watching experience, whenever there is sexual tension between two people on a show and then they act on it, the show goes downhill somehow and gets cancelled within the next season or two. Remember Moonlighting? Remington Steele?