Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-18-2014, 09:10 AM
Elite Fan

End of Watch(3.08) - Episode Discussion

End of Watch(3.08) - Episode Discussion
HOLMES AND WATSON JOIN THE NYPD MANHUNT FOR A MURDERER AFTER AN OFFICER IS KILLED,
ON “ELEMENTARY,” THURSDAY, DEC. 18

End of Watch” – Holmes and Watson join forces with the NYPD after a police officer is murdered. Also, Sherlock searches for the creator of a “recovery blog” who is posting personal statements he has made in sobriety meetings, on ELEMENTARY, Thursday, Dec. 18 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network.
REGULAR CAST:
Jonny Lee Miller (Sherlock Holmes)
Lucy Liu (Joan Watson)
Aidan Quinn (Captain Tommy Gregson)
Jon Michael Hill (Detective Marcus Bell)
GUEST CAST:
Ophelia Lovibond (Kitty Winter)
Andrew Dolan (Officer Miles Polano)
Rebecca Brooksher (Brie Flynn)
Kerry Butler (Astrid)
Leslie Silva (ATF Agent Hernan)
Shezi Sardar (Casey Hatem)
Robert Mammana (Niko Buros)
Triney Sandoval (George)
Gregory Abbey (Daren)
Rajesh Bose (Officer Doud)
Geoff Wigdor (Charlie Riggs)
Miriam Silverman (Support Group Woman)
Ken Marks (Moderator)
Kristine Johnson (Reporter)
WRITTEN BY: Peter Ocko
DIRECTED BY: Christine Moore
GENRE: DRAMA
Old 12-19-2014, 01:18 AM
Elite Fan

Tonight's episode was awesome!!

Sherlock using a blowpipe was definitely entertaining! LOL!
Old 12-19-2014, 10:45 AM
Elite Fan

can't wait to watch it
Old 12-19-2014, 12:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm about to watch the episode will be back with comments!
Old 12-19-2014, 01:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I had it on, I'm not sure if I'm sticking with this show or not.
Old 12-20-2014, 10:28 AM
Part-Time Fan

Officer Alec Flynn the first shot cop, having a toy pellet gun in his holster, made me wonder about the wife,Brie,setting him up? Then I thought if he had a kid, did they change it playing with dad's weapon? But then we find out he swapped it for drugs. The number 6 was interesting. It wasn't Sherlock that figured it out, but he kept stressing over that person. Watson figuring it was a football thing, and I guess the picture was Flynn? It turned out to be Charlie Riggs, a kicker from his school team. I guess the wife saying Alec was a gym rat, and played sports played right into that. Trying to give us clues. I also liked Joan telling how NY had outlawed real looking toy guns. But New Jersey still allowed it. Doesn't make sense to let some still make them and some not?

It was to bad that Officer Alec Flynn had to go so low(selling his gun) to stay on Oxy, before he could beat it. And double bad that he lost his life when he was trying to right a wrong by telling Niko he was through. If he had arrested him and faced the consequences of the drug use and weapons selling, there would be at least 2 more Officers alive today. Was Flynn hoping that Buros would just go away? Maybe his buddy Riggs the dealer would go away, but how would he explain the "loss" of his weapon? Just report it had been stolen/lost somehow? He put himself and others in danger at any call. Even at a Bodega robbery or domestic. Someone could be shooting with real bullets and all Flynn had was a pellet gun.

I could see after the 2nd Officer Casey Hatem(If I remember right) was murdered, and his Uncle Miles Polano, was asked about the connection between the 2 slain officers. I could see why he was hostile. But at first I thought he was the link. Then we find out that the gun collection at the armory was the link. Flynn was selling them to Buros and replacing them with pellet guns. I would think that would be found out quite quick. Between the guns being used for trainings and all the cameras that should be around it. But Flynn was desperate for money to buy oxy. I wondered if the white fibers on the bullets would help find the killer/location. So Niko and team were hiding guns in furniture to ship to a Cartel?

Holmes was very good at his AA/NA meeting. I thought at first the guy,George, that talked to him was the one using his stuff for the "BrainAttic" help site. But with nudging by Kitty, Holmes confronted Daren. He didn't want to take down the site, it was actually helping people. It helped him when he lost his mom and almost went back to using. But it made it hard for Sherlock to express his feelings. You saw that at the end when he just sat and listened instead of contributed. It was nice how Sherlock used Daren's little body signs to tell he was having an affair. That reminds me of the first season. maybe at a later date he will let it go back up. Kitty found later the site only said,"I'm sorry!" He does have good insights and a way with words but Daren should have asked first.

It was so moving to see all the Officers, Detectives and Law Enforcement waiting outside of Niko Buros room as Detective Bell led him out in Officer Casey Hatem's cuffs,(I think he was the 2nd murdered cop). It reminded me of a Blue Bloods episode. He wasn't so cocky then. The "Knock Knock" text was cute.

Always like to see Joan Watson and Detective Bell work together. Did we hear if Andrew made it home for the dinner Joan had made?
Would not mind them working with ATF Agent Hernan again
Old 12-21-2014, 12:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ You really dissected the episode, great input.

Kitty stood up for Sherlock this episode liked it. I need to comment more but so busy!
Old 12-21-2014, 01:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thank you B4Dark, I write a lot of notes to help.
Old 12-21-2014, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

good idea, your post reminded me of lots of things and I thought I should rewatch to comment on it.
Old 12-23-2014, 10:16 AM
Elite Fan

this was a really great episode, one of my favourites this season!

The case was interesting and took some turns that I didn't expect. I managed to guess the connection between the 2nd police officers death and the rest of the case, but that didn't really take away much from my overall enjoyment of the episode.

What I was more interested in was the anonymous website blogger. I liked that Kitty was so supportive and helpful to Sherlock in trying to track down the guy, and it was a nice to see that Sherlock stuck to his own values by not revealing the website bloggers identity to Kitty. Seeing Sherlock's struggle to come to terms with the invasion of his privacy was touching and I thought the writers handled those scenes really well. The writers are brilliant at coming up with snappy dialogue for the characters but I feel that they are their strongest when writing these deeper, more emotion investing scenes.

It is interesting how we are still seeing the effects of Watson moving out, as that whole side storyline was entirely between Kitty and Sherlock, whereas in the past that would have been something that he would have shared with Watson.
Old 12-23-2014, 11:44 AM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks for the summary, Bruce. Well doe. :applause:

I really enjoyed it. I'd never heard of that end of watch moment they did for Flynn. Anyone know if that's a real thing or was it just done for dramatic effect. It was sad.

Loved the end when Baros saw that army of cops when he walked out.

The thing with Brainattic was interesting. I'm not sure what it meant that Holmes said nothing at that meeting. Was he afraid to contribute? Was he thinking maybe of changing his mind and letter that man use his quotes (unlikely, I think)

Question: I'm a bit fuzzy. how did Kitty stand up for Holmes?

Anyway, that's all I've got.
Old 12-26-2014, 10:04 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Boop (View Post)
I really enjoyed it. I'd never heard of that end of watch moment they did for Flynn. Anyone know if that's a real thing or was it just done for dramatic effect. It was sad.

Loved the end when Baros saw that army of cops when he walked out.

The thing with Brainattic was interesting. I'm not sure what it meant that Holmes said nothing at that meeting. Was he afraid to contribute? Was he thinking maybe of changing his mind and letter that man use his quotes (unlikely, I think)
I hadn't heard of that either, now I wonder whether it is a real thing! I just assumed that it was.

I took Holmes' silence to mean that he was uncomfortable sharing, because the events of the episode had left him doubting the anonymity of the meetings.
Old 12-27-2014, 04:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Coming back and rereading posts made me want to watch the episode AGAIN, so many hidden meaning!