Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-20-2014, 09:04 PM
Elite Fan

Bella(3.04)- Episode Discussion

Elementary- Bella(3.04) Episode Dicussion

WHILE WORKING A CASE INVOLVING A STOLEN ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE PROGRAM, SHERLOCK BECOMES MORE INTERESTED IN DISPROVING THE COMPUTER’S ABILITIES THAN IN FINDING THE CULPRIT, ON “ELEMENTARY,” THURSDAY, NOV. 20

Bella” – When a groundbreaking artificial intelligence software program is stolen, Sherlock agrees to take on the case, but enlists Joan’s assistance in solving it when he becomes more interested in disproving the computer’s abilities than finding the thief. Meanwhile, Joan confronts Sherlock about his motives after she learns he has been in direct contact with her boyfriend, Andrew, without her knowledge, on ELEMENTARY, Thursday, Nov. 20 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network.
REGULAR CAST:
Jonny Lee Miller (Sherlock Holmes)
Lucy Liu (Joan Watson)
Aidan Quinn (Captain Tommy Gregson)
Jon Michael Hill (Detective Marcus Bell)
GUEST CAST:
Ophelia Lovibond (Kitty Winter)
Raza Jaffrey (Andrew Paek)
Michael Chernus (Edwin Bond)
Condola Rashad (Melinda Yee)
Jonathan Judge-Russo (Michael Webb)
Robert Capron (Mason)
Michael Cristofer (Isaac Pike)
Halley Feiffer (Ellen Rabin)
Bill Winkler (Robert Ballard)
Amy V. Morse (Receptionist)
WRITTEN BY: Craig Sweeny
DIRECTED BY: Guy Ferland
GENRE: DRAMA
Old 11-21-2014, 09:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the thread, Emma!

Last night's was a kinda strange episode. It was very unsettled at the end, leaving an unresolved ethical situation.

I also feel like big chunks of Joan's new romantic relationship are being left out .. it's just a little tease at the periphery of the story.
Her affair with Mycroft got a lot more attention.

New! Benedict Cumberbatch Forum

~Sherry | avi by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 11-21-2014, 10:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TFNT!

I thought the episode was excellent, the case very interesting, there were good relationship moments and Clyde was there! I love that they share him like their kid.

That kitchen Joan/Sherlock scene, the way he described their bond and how he liked her boyfriend pure pleasure.

I still feel a hint of jealousy from Kitty, but it;s understandable she still needs to find her place. It was good to hear feedback from her reunions.

Sherlock's obsession with BELLA was amusing, I really thought it had killed its creator.

Quote:
Last night's was a kinda strange episode. It was very unsettled at the end, leaving an unresolved ethical situation.
Yes the ending was abrupt, I hope they refer to it next episode.

Quote:
I also feel like big chunks of Joan's new romantic relationship are being left out .. it's just a little tease at the periphery of the story.
I don't really mind: though I like Raza, the show is centered on the bound between Holmes and Watson. I wouldn't want to see to much of that relationship if it's not related to the case at hand or Sherlock. We saw more of Mycroft because he was related to Sherlock and part of a big arc that ended with their hug.

Great season so far.

Last edited by b4dark; 11-22-2014 at 09:13 AM
Old 11-22-2014, 09:11 AM
Dedicated Fan

It was an excellent episode, IMHO. It was also way off the beaten path, which is always welcome. Them exploring the idea of AI and the threat it might pose to humanity (in theory, of course) was fascinating.

Now, about that moral dilemma at the end of the episode. I wonder if they'll ever tell us what he decided. In order for him to let things go, Sherlock would have to buy into that professor whathisname's theories/fears. I would have thought him too logical for that, but then again that Prof put it well. SH wants people ... wants to think himself ... that he is totally coldblooded and uses only his mind ... but that that is not the case. Hmmmmmm.

Last edited by Toni Boop; 11-25-2014 at 12:00 PM
Old 11-24-2014, 09:22 AM
Elite Fan

I loved the episode, the case was really interesting and though provoking and I have to say that I like the way it ended because it wasn't how they usually do it, although I hope we get some resolution in the next episode.

There were some really entertaining scenes, glad we got to see Clyde and am happy that they explained his custody arrangement I was actually wondering about that as for the last two episodes Clyde was living with Watson.

Kitty and Joan working together again was awesome and I like that they referred to her meeting from the previous episode.

Sherlock and Joan's moment in the kitchen was sweet and I am glad they seem to be slowly getting back on track. I am happy that Sherlock didn't influence the partnership deal in Copenhagen, even I thought that he might have, as it would have just driven Sherlock and Joan back apart again.
Old 11-25-2014, 03:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by severalmiles (View Post)
Sherlock and Joan's moment in the kitchen was sweet and I am glad they seem to be slowly getting back on track. I am happy that Sherlock didn't influence the partnership deal in Copenhagen, even I thought that he might have, as it would have just driven Sherlock and Joan back apart again.
I'm still not sure he didn't do anything ! I hope he didn't.

Also love Joan and Kitty new relationship.
Old 11-25-2014, 07:15 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4dark (View Post)
I'm still not sure he didn't do anything ! I hope he didn't.
hmm... I guess I just assumed that their conversation meant that he didn't do anything. I hope he didn't!
Old 11-25-2014, 08:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Sherlock is very hard to read

On one hand, sending Joane's bf away is totally something he would do after the Mycroft debacle.

On the other hand, I'd like to think he is more mature and that everything he said is true.

WHat's it gonna be ?
Old 11-25-2014, 12:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'm going with he didn't do anything about Joan's boyfriend. His explanation as to why he actually likes him made total sense. Joan having a boyfriend that gets him and their relationship is very important and not something every man could handle. He should value that and seems to.

Last edited by Toni Boop; 11-27-2014 at 11:57 AM
Old 11-25-2014, 12:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope you're right! We don't need this drama, and it would ruin the perfection of the kitchen scene... What was Sherlock cooking btw?
Old 11-26-2014, 09:40 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I hope you're right! We don't need this drama, and it would ruin the perfection of the kitchen scene... What was Sherlock cooking btw?
I have no idea what he was cooking probably an experiment of some sort?
Old 11-26-2014, 11:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Joan was a bit perplexed.
Old 11-27-2014, 08:41 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Joan was a bit perplexed.
she should be used to it by now
Old 11-27-2014, 11:58 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by severalmiles (View Post)
she should be used to it by now
Ain't that the truth.

And what was he cooking? Dunno but it looked strange.
Old 11-27-2014, 12:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought it was porridge then I thought it was some weird experiment.