Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-17-2013, 07:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

SMASH Episode - 2x07 Musical Chairs- 3.19.13

Smash 2x07 - Musical chairs

x

First aired: 03/19/2013 (10:00PM – 11:00PM)
New circumstances give rise to conflicts as Karen (Katharine McPhee), Tom (Christian Borle), Julia (Debra Messing) and Derek (Jack Davenport) adjust to their new surroundings. Tensions at "Liaisons" are also coming to a boil, ensuring that the show will find its place in Broadway history. Meanwhile, Eileen (Anjelica Huston) may have found the key to saving "Bombshell" with the help of her daughter, Katie (guest star Grace Gummer).

Megan Hilty, Jeremy Jordan and Andy Mientus also star. Sean Hayes, Jesse L. Martin, Daniel Sunjata and Grace Gummer guest star.

source
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga

Last edited by airali_glo; 09-28-2015 at 01:17 PM
Old 03-18-2013, 07:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Someone need to top this for tomorrow.

(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
Old 03-18-2013, 08:45 AM
MST Manager

I have taken care of it.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the new thread

Last edited by a new hope; 03-18-2013 at 01:25 PM
Old 03-18-2013, 01:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Welcome all!

I posted a new sneak peek!
Old 03-19-2013, 09:31 AM
Moderator Support Team

Happy smash day

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 03-19-2013, 10:22 AM
MST Manager

Same to you and everyone here.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

This looks good tonight!
Old 03-19-2013, 11:22 PM
Extreme Fan

Overall it was a good episode, a little boring though. So glad that Liaisons is over, there was really no point to that story except for the fact that Ivy can play any part given to her. I am actually really glad that she is Marilyn now, it suits her really well and she is a better fit for Tom to direct. Jimmy is still Jimmy and I actually didn't like him that much in this episode which is a shock lol!! So happy that Jerry finally got his and is no longer in Bombshell. Loved the end of the episode until Derek made a really douche comment to Jimmy in regards to Karen. If Jimmy/Karen have feelings for each other aka the hook up, its going to happen whether Derek likes it or not aka next episode. As a Jimmy/Karen shipper I am so looking forward to the next episode and can't wait to see Derek/Jimmy but heads. I understand that she is his muse but seriously kind of creepy, she has to have a life outside of the show but I do see a love triangle possibly happening but we shall see. Felt bad for Ana cause she was so excited to play the lead role but Karen just has the better voice. It seems like in all of the shows that Ana has been in she has played the sister. Overall good episode but not great like the past 6.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Is it just me or are they making Jimmy a young Derek? It seems like every time they argued over something they are both hot headed and opinionated. Is there some hidden message that Karen is kind of an obsession of Derek's so he tries to be like her father and tells her what to do.

I hated both of them in this episode but overall the episode was good actually it was my favorite so far this season.

Eileen sticking it to Jerry was priceless, Sean gave a great grand final performance (he's so talented), Ivy is Marilyn and will be great dealing with Tom because she knows him best. And, Having 3 shows going on is too much so 2 shows Bombshell and Hit List will do great and hopefully the finale will have Bombshell doing well.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

That final scene MADE the episode for me Derek/Karen needs to happen soon.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:04 PM
Loyal Fan

Did Karen really walk away from a lead role on Broadway for a guy? Because she didn't want to mess with a few changes? And now she is on a show that isn't even written yet. I know it will work out because she's Karen but I really just can't support that. It's like she can do whatever she wants and the stars will just align. Was no one angry that she walked out of rehearsal last week to do something she was specifically and contractually forbidden to do? Why did it instead seem like she was supposed to be doing them a favor?

I think what annoyed me most was Tom having to make peace with her. Why? He's the director. Following his direction is her job. Talking back and arguing every single step of the way is not. I just really couldn't get behind Karen's motivations and everyone's interactions this ep.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver girl (View Post)
Did Karen really walk away from a lead role on Broadway for a guy? Because she didn't want to mess with a few changes? And now she is on a show that isn't even written yet. I know it will work out because she's Karen but I really just can't support that. It's like she can do whatever she wants and the stars will just align. Was no one angry that she walked out of rehearsal last week to do something she was specifically and contractually forbidden to do? Why did it instead seem like she was supposed to be doing them a favor?

I think what annoyed me most was Tom having to make peace with her. Why? He's the director. Following his direction is her job. Talking back and arguing every single step of the way is not. I just really couldn't get behind Karen's motivations and everyone's interactions this ep.
I agree with this there really isn't anything else to say it's just how it is and I just don't like it. Karen has always never stood up and courage to do her job and that's why she isn't the star Derek thinks she is.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:23 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by FollowYourღ (View Post)
Eileen sticking it to Jerry was priceless, Sean gave a great grand final performance (he's so talented), Ivy is Marilyn and will be great dealing with Tom because she knows him best. And, Having 3 shows going on is too much so 2 shows Bombshell and Hit List will do great and hopefully the finale will have Bombshell doing well.
I agree with all this .

It was a good episode (fitting title too ), & it felt like maybe we could come back to something like what we had before with S1. Now if they can just move past random storylines with random guest stars & concentrate on the main characters & their two shows. *fingers crossed* anyway

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-21-2013, 02:02 AM
Part-Time Fan

I love the flying hotdog and cracker jacks