Old 07-12-2015, 01:50 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Exactly

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-30-2015, 10:54 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Since it's about both Andy and Krysta I post it here.

They BOTH join the Spring Awakening Broadway revival!

Quote:
Breaking News: Krysta Rodriguez, Andy Mientus & 20 Broadway Newcomers Will Star in Deaf West's SPRING AWAKENING Revival

Ken Davenport, Cody Lassen, Hunter Arnold and Deaf West Theatre (Artistic Director David J. Kurs) have announced that the rebellious students from the acclaimed Deaf West production of Steven Sater and Duncan Sheik's Spring Awakening, directed by Michael Arden and choreographed by Spencer Liff, will transfer with the musical to Broadway. Four new swings join the Broadway company.

Among the young actors coming to Broadway with the production are Krysta Rodriguez and Andy Mientus, who appeared together on NBC's "Smash." Ms. Rodriguez was also in the original Broadway production of Spring Awakening and Mr. Mientus was in the first national tour.

Joining the previously announced Academy and Golden Globe Award winner and Emmy Award nominee Marlee Matlin are the young cast from the acclaimed Deaf West Theatre production who last year were performing this show in a 99-seat theatre, and are now headed to Broadway. They are

Miles Barbee, Katie Boeck, Alex Boniello, Joshua Castille, Daniel Durant, Treshelle Edmond, Sandra Mae Frank, Kathryn Gallagher, Sean Grandillo, Amelia Hensley, Lauren Luiz, Austin McKenzie, Andy Mientus, Krysta Rodriguez, Daniel David Stewart, Ali Stroker, Alexandra Winter, and Alex Wyse.

The Los Angeles cast is joined by swings Robert Ariza, Lizzy Cuesta, Van Hughes, Ren, and one more to be announced.

Final casting of the adult roles will be announced.
source

Old 07-31-2015, 02:44 AM
Graphics Team Manager

is this different to them doing it recently that was posted in one or both of their threads?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-31-2015, 03:04 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

It seems the same production, but this time they'll open on Broadway. If it's the same thing, hearing impaired people too can go see it

Old 07-31-2015, 03:28 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I thought that Broadway was the only difference. Thanks for clarifying Exciting news So happy that both will still be in it

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 08-02-2015, 02:33 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Yeah, I think the only difference it's the fact that this time is on Broadway, too who knows if they make some changes anyway. Yeah, especially Krysta who isn't on Broadway since First Date

Old 08-25-2015, 01:10 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Jonathan Groff, Andy Mientus and Krysta Rodriguez Perform 'Totally...'

STAGE TUBE: Jonathan Groff, Andy Mientus and Krysta Rodriguez Perform 'Totally __' at #Ham4Ham Lottery

also some pics from the rehearsals (Just Andy appears here and there, not Krysta)

Go Inside SPRING AWAKENING Rehearsals with Andy Mientus!

A video preview

BWW TV: Purple Summer Has Arrived! Watch the First Performance Preview from SPRING AWAKENING!

It seems Krysta's hair are growing back

Old 08-26-2015, 02:08 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I knew you'd come back with posts & news . Thanks for it all Shame that we only got Andy pics & not Krysta as well

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 08-26-2015, 01:50 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Always I saw the tweets and favorited them so I could remember to post them later

There's a video with some interviews here. With Krysta too (and her new hair!).

Video! Spring Awakening Stars on Getting Out of Their Comfort Zone & More | Videos | Broadway.com

The page has also other performances in rehearsal, the videos are below this one

Old 08-27-2015, 03:16 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Yes see I never know where to look for things . Do you need me to post in any thread to help you post news?

oo I'll look at that on the weekend then

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 08-27-2015, 01:01 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Twitter is very helpful No thanks, you replied in every thread and I don't have more news for now

The hair are definitely hers, but they look like copper brown I know the old color wasn't her natural one, bu what about this one? I doubt the doctors let her dye her hair already.

Old 09-06-2015, 12:35 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Twitter is one place I always forget to check but really should

It could be that her hair is coming back differently to what it was before too I'm sure that hair doesn't always come back the way it used to be. I know Delta's hair came back darker than it was after she went through chemo. I don't know her natural hair colour but she had a dark brown after & speaking about it she has said it came back different. It was a while before she went back to being blonde too but I think that was a choice not that she couldn't dye her hair

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 09-06-2015, 01:08 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

I'm sure it feels weird because we never saw her like that...

Oh I didn't know Delta had had chemo too! But I guess in general the hair that grow back aren't strong as a healty person, so maybe she had to wait to make them stronger (bleaching is quite aggressive for the hair, even the healthy ones).

Old 09-07-2015, 04:04 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Most likely, yeah

Yeah she was diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma between her first two albums & had chemotherapy to treat it. A lot of her second album was written from inspiration from that process of learning she had cancer & then fighting it

I'd presume you'd have to wait until the hair is stronger & you're more healthy

Chelle » join GTmy art