Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-30-2014, 03:31 AM
Elite Fan

Chelle will not be on tonight so just doing a few posts for her . She is on some strange sugar high from her staff meeting mixed with being really tired. It is actually really amusing and she may hate me when she comes on and reads that I have put this on all her boards .

I read your question to Chelle though Ilaria and neither of us are exactly sure what you meant but I am going to try and answer. Schools have a two week holiday during winter (around the start of July) and some people do go on holidays during winter months (either to warmer areas or to the snow) but we do not have a long one. There is no months long break at any time of the year. Schools break for about six weeks at the end of December and then all through January (the hottest part of our Summer) but that is it. Some people may get longer or shorter breaks but usually January is seen as the holiday time from what I have gathered, that or people just go away for Christmas and/or the New Year. I hope that this answers your question.
Old 07-30-2014, 04:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey, I'm Sheida I love your icon so much ... even though thinking about the show causes me so much pain/anguish

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 07-30-2014, 01:26 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
She is on some strange sugar high from her staff meeting mixed with being really tired.
Sugar high?

Quote:
Schools have a two week holiday during winter (around the start of July) and some people do go on holidays during winter months (either to warmer areas or to the snow) but we do not have a long one. There is no months long break at any time of the year. Schools break for about six weeks at the end of December and then all through January (the hottest part of our Summer) but that is it. Some people may get longer or shorter breaks but usually January is seen as the holiday time from what I have gathered, that or people just go away for Christmas and/or the New Year. I hope that this answers your question.
Oh, thanks! yeah, that was my question Here it's different, instead, we have two weeks of holidays from Christmas till 6th January (Epiphany), then the big break is on summer, from middle June to middle September. Then there are few days during the whole year, in case of national or religious holidays.

It's still weird for me to imagine January as the hottest month, even if I know that it's because there it's summer I bet is the same for you, when you think that here it's one of the coldest, instead.

Old 07-31-2014, 03:08 AM
Graphics Team Manager

you helped my boards out so I don't mind that much that you said it

My boss likes to try & make the staff meetings fun & interesting & she supplied food which involved some kinds of corn chips & dips (which I paid no attention to as I have a small intolerance to corn) & lollies. I didn't eat that many but I came away all hypo like I was on a sugar high. Mixed with being tired so I lacked energy but felt full of energy which was strange

Glad you found an answer to your question . We have a few breaks spread out over the year so we don't have that large of a break when it gets to Summer

Quote:
It's still weird for me to imagine January as the hottest month, even if I know that it's because there it's summer I bet is the same for you, when you think that here it's one of the coldest, instead.
Aww I can understand that. It'd be strange for me to imagine it being warm at this point of year but I think that it is more March I find weird. The idea of it being Spring when it is my birthday just doesn't make sense to me . It'd be strange though for me having a cold January

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-31-2014, 01:23 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
I didn't eat that many but I came away all hypo like I was on a sugar high. Mixed with being tired so I lacked energy but felt full of energy which was strange
So you basically had too much energy because of the candies?

Well nowadays March is often still cold as winter, it happened to have even snow in April, I don't think Spring still exist I'm not a fan of Spring, though, because you never know what to wear: with winter clothes is too hot, but if I put on "lighter" clothes then I get a cold

You should visit the other emisphere during those months or in these months, so you'll experiment some hot weather

Old 08-01-2014, 04:35 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Yep, pretty much

I love Spring & Autumn, minus the rain, as it usually isn't too hot or too cold. You need Spring/Autumn clothes so lighter than winter but not too light that you're too cold

I should . I went to Japan during my Spring & their Autumn so it didn't make much difference it was just hotter since they were coming out of Summer

Yesterday felt more like Spring or Summer not Winter, it was weird but wonderful. Today not so much, the wind had ice in it

(sorry for the lack of posts again)

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 08-01-2014, 01:55 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Oh, rain. I always say that it should rain only during the night, so no one would be bothered

Quote:
I went to Japan during my Spring & their Autumn so it didn't make much difference it was just hotter since they were coming out of Summer
Then come here when there it's winter (even if lately it didn't look a lot like summer ).

Quote:
(sorry for the lack of posts again)
It's because of work?

Have you seen the teaser trailer of Into The Woods? The movie of the famous musical. I thought: ok that's super famous, but at least they could put a song or few sung seconds in it
Also The Huffington Post wondered the same thing Not that anyone would know "Into the Woods" is a musical since no one sings in the trailer.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...ushpmg00000067

Last edited by airali_glo; 08-01-2014 at 02:03 PM
Old 08-02-2014, 02:43 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Perfect time for rain

Nope, spending some of the weekend with my family

No I haven't seen it. Strange that it included no music then

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 08-02-2014, 01:07 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
Nope, spending some of the weekend with my family
I see do you have any pets?

Yeah, so strange. Maybe it's because it's only a teaser trailer, not the official, long one? I hope in the next one actors will sing, there are a lot of songs, I read. The Les Miz trailer was all sung!
I hope they didn't do it because people would be like "oh no, another musical movie" (ten years ago there were people who were bothered because the Phantom movie had songs )

Old 08-03-2014, 02:51 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I do have a pet cat but she lives with my parents still. I can't have pets here & I think it would be cruel to make her move anyway even if I miss her

It could have been done so people don't think that but no idea. Hopefully not as that's silly. I hope they release a longer one or another one which include songs

Ilaria if you have time do you mind bumping up this thread for me on the Delta board? It is for the rerelease of Innocent Eyes & it would be nice to have more posts on the board & to have someone else's opinion even if it is just on a few songs

Chelle » join GTmy art

Last edited by shinebrighterxx; 08-03-2014 at 04:31 AM
Old 08-03-2014, 09:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I had the same reaction to the Into the Woods trailer, I was super excited to get a glimpse of the cast singing but then ... no singing The Les Mis trailer was so haunting and beautiful and this doesn't even seem like it's a musical

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 08-03-2014, 01:24 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
I do have a pet cat but she lives with my parents still. I can't have pets here & I think it would be cruel to make her move anyway even if I miss her
Pets are not allowed where you live?

I had a bunny for 12 years, he died almost two years ago and I miss him

Quote:
I had the same reaction to the Into the Woods trailer, I was super excited to get a glimpse of the cast singing but then ... no singing
Yeah, it seems this musical is EVERYONE favorite, so I'm curious they put a poster of it also on Karen's home wall, in Smash

Old 08-04-2014, 03:04 AM
Graphics Team Manager

aww I'm sorry about your bunny . It is always sad when you lose a pet. I had a dog for around 14 years & it still hurts & I miss her six & a half years later
Quote:
Pets are not allowed where you live?
Nope, it is because I'm renting & most places or at least most around here that you can rent say no pets allowed . It is really hard as I've had pets all my life so I'm used to having them & now I just have pictures

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 08-04-2014, 01:24 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

He was even the mascotte of the Nate and Serena thread there's his picture in the OP (see the Closed Forums category).

He was ill, it was to see him getting skinnier every day, to see him in pain. I'm sure that he felt that we stayed close to him so much, in his latest months. There wasn't a cure, but it was heartbreaking to see him go anyway, even if he was suffering

Quote:
it is because I'm renting & most places or at least most around here that you can rent say no pets allowed
I meant in your apartment, yeah

My bunny was my first pet, instead. He stayed with us almost half of my life, so it was hard to not having him with us anymore. My parents don't want other pets (because they're demanding).

Old 08-05-2014, 03:15 AM
Graphics Team Manager

That's cute that he was their mascot

That is so heartbreaking & sad sad to lose a pet but even worse to watch them suffer

My dog was my first pet too, & I had her from when I was two until I was almost 16 so currently still most of my life. But my parents had other pets so still had pets before & after then. That sucks you can't have another one

Chelle » join GTmy art