Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-25-2015, 01:49 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

We weren't the only performers, there were a lot of guests...but it was too long anyway. Hopefully next year is shorter!

Quote:
That still sounds like a good way to spend the day
I still feel weird anyway, because even when you do nothing you "feel" almost like you should do something different anyway, even when you don't want to

Old 05-29-2015, 01:58 AM
Elite Fan

What sort of performance did you do Ilaria? Was it just tap?

I have never celebrated my birthday but I can understand that Ilaria. But for me I feel like I should be doing something because everyone else seems to but for me it is just another day of the year .
Old 05-29-2015, 02:34 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Ilaria

Colours I think I'm going to get confused between Delta & Smash for a little bit though

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-29-2015, 02:26 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
What sort of performance did you do Ilaria? Was it just tap?
Yes we, as class, did only tap numbers, but there were other people who did different things too (like just singing). Most of the show was tap, anyway.

Last night and the previous one there was the final show of my school, so the graduation show for those of the second (and last) year. I was in the ensemble. It went well! Audience laughed it was basically a parents&friends audience only, but it was still cool.

So now...it's holiday time

Quote:
but for me it is just another day of the year
Same obviously I like wishes and gifts but other than that

Quote:
I think I'm going to get confused between Delta & Smash for a little bit though
I have to get used to it, because it's very light and bright and until two days ago it was all grey Nikita board was light green, but not so bright (very relaxing).

Old 05-30-2015, 12:41 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Glad the final show went well too

Enjoy your holidays Any plans for it?

I think I remember Nikita's colours, they were pretty & easy on the eyes. NCIS & Delta for me are my nice relaxing board colours. Right now this is so new it feels strange to finally have colours but it also feels bright to me. Kelly was the same when it was last redone (to the green it is now) but I got used to it (although I more hated that it was green since I hate green) so I'm hoping I get used to this. I would have preferred a more muted red used for the bars

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-30-2015, 02:24 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
Any plans for it?
Dancing, singing and hopefully beach afternoons. I think I'll leave in August. You? Even though it's winter, over there Your next holidays, when you have them.

It's true, anyway, that after weeks of rehearsal and a show you just want to sleep for days

Quote:
I think I remember Nikita's colours, they were pretty & easy on the eyes.
They were relaxing, but that's the only reason why I liked them I still think they weren't related at all with the show, wich wasn't relaxing at all, it was quite dark.

Quote:
I would have preferred a more muted red used for the bars
Yeah, I had imagined a darker red for the bars.

Old 05-30-2015, 07:02 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Sounds like some good plans . Good idea to rest over the next few days after your shows too

I don't know. have no plans or time off scheduled any time soon. Since I had Christmas & New Years off last year I don't think I'll get that this year so no idea when I will next get any time off . Well other than public holidays as next weekend is a three day weekend because of one . I know at some point over the following weekend (probably the 13th) my Nanna is coming to see my place as she hasn't seen this one yet

Oh yeah I remember them not fitting Nikita . The only problem with not using dark colours is there being so many dark themed shows but even the colouring on Nikita didn't really match with the show. At least the team now usually seems to be trying to match the topics still even if they don't do the dark dark colours. But I guess it also depends on what the posters say when it comes time to customise the board . Maybe they wanted those pastel colours when Nikita was done? Now I feel like searching for the Nikita-related customisation threads

Same but hopefully we can get used to this

Edit: So Nikita hasn't even lost its colours yet so I can remind myself what they looked like . It looks like since the team was saying they avoid red some were suggesting blue so that could be how it ended up that way . Randomly the red shades in this post would fit here & I don't think they'd be as harsh on the eyes

Chelle » join GTmy art

Last edited by shinebrighterxx; 05-30-2015 at 07:14 PM
Old 05-31-2015, 03:29 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
Since I had Christmas & New Years off last year I don't think I'll get that this year so no idea when I will next get any time off
That doesn't sound cool but public holidays are always nice We have one tomorrow.
The first days of holidays are always weird, because suddently you have a lot of free time and you don't really know what to do with it

Quote:
At least the team now usually seems to be trying to match the topics still even if they don't do the dark dark colours.
But there are few dark dark boards, right? They're not so nice for the eyes, but it's because not only the bars are dark.
Anyway the posters suggestions are just suggestions, so it's not granted they'll follow them

Blue would have been okay, but not light The banner looked nice, though

For our board I see they matched the "SMASH" red.

Old 06-01-2015, 02:31 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I earn time off. I don't know how to explain that but every week a little bit gets added to how many hours of sick leave & annual leave I have. My sick leave is for any day I call in sick & providing I have enough sick leave I will still get paid those days. Then annual leave is time I can have off if I want. But I don't have anywhere I want to go or anything I want to do so I'd rather just keep saving it all up until I do. As for Christmas & New Years my boss tries to make the time off fair so those who had to work during those times are likely to get time off over those who had time off. I had Christmas Eve off & then was off until about the 5th of January so I'm presuming I'll have to work at least parts of that time this year. The centre itself is open 5 days a week all year long except for public holidays so those are the days off I get. But I also get Wednesdays off since I do 10 hour days so my weeks are sort of shorter

There are a few dark boards still. I'm not sure when they stopped doing them but there's also a lot of boards which need to be redone. We recently did the graphic for X Files to make that board lighter while still somehow keeping with the mood of that show. Some suggestions we just can't follow but we do try to make as close as we can

Yeah they did but I feel as though the colouring of the logo in the graphic has been altered . But then again the shade of red depended on the logo you looked at

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-02-2015, 01:47 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
since I do 10 hour days
Wow, when you have those days it must be tough!

I can't speak of work days because I've never had any but I've chosen a job which hasn't really days off (you can have A LOT of them but when it happens it's probably because you don't have a job).

Quote:
There are a few dark boards still. I'm not sure when they stopped doing them but there's also a lot of boards which need to be redone.
Maybe they stopped doing them because they were difficult to read. This process never ends because when they redo a board it can be the time to redo other ones, together with brand new customizations.

Afternoon at the beach, today

Old 07-03-2015, 02:13 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I got used to them really quickly . I don't find it all that longer than the 8 hour days were. But I guess I'm always moving around between the rooms & you've always got to keep your eyes on children that I don't have time to stop & think about how long the day is . Then I like working only four days a week & having the break in the middle of the week

They did stop doing them because they were hard to read . There's a few things like that where we avoid certain colours as much as possible because they can be harsh on the eyes. The dark boards are especially hard when you go between them & the light ones. I don't think it'll be much longer before all the darker boards will be gone though. Mel & Rae are pretty good at keeping track of everything & keeping the team organised . It may be never ending but we can get a lot done as we do four boards every two weeks so that's roughly eight boards a month . But there will always be new boards to be done & older boards which have had customisations for years so need to be updated/refreshed so nope the process is never ending. The team prefers having something to do though, I think they went crazy when they were stuck on hiatus for a year. I know Rae was going crazy over it all

Enjoy the beach

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-03-2015, 02:03 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
Then I like working only four days a week & having the break in the middle of the week
This sounds nicer

Quote:
I don't think it'll be much longer before all the darker boards will be gone though. Mel & Rae are pretty good at keeping track of everything & keeping the team organised
Yeah, I remember the Fan Art board that was extremely uncomfortable to read and that often prevented me to ask for something there, when I hadn't much time to do celebration stuff. Now it's better
I'd get crazy with all the boards!

The craziest thing is to chose colors and put them on, though. I didn't even do that for my user panel

Quote:
Enjoy the beach
I did I even had a bath, the water was very warm. It's SO HOT and humid, here, although I always prefer this rather than winter

Old 07-04-2015, 01:59 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Agreed about FA, it is so much more inviting now

To be honest I don't know how Rae doesn't go crazy organising when each board gets done . I guess she only has to look at a small amount of all the boards that are on the site as there's a lot of boards which are probably not eligible to be recustomised without a valid reason. Then she keeps a lot of different lists which she says make things easier for her to determine which boards need to be done when so I guess that stops her from going crazy

Colour picking is hard. At least (usually) the board can tell us what they want & we just make a graphic using what colour/s they say. I presume Mel then just makes the colours match the graphic when she does the colour scheme. That's all I did when I made my profile. But I also knew I wanted to focus on pink shades so had a starting point to decide where to put colours & went from there

Glad you enjoyed the beach . I can't stand humidity . Personally I'd rather cold weather to hot as I find it easier to keep warm than cool down. That & I like curling up with a blanket

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-04-2015, 02:07 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
Then she keeps a lot of different lists which she says make things easier for her to determine which boards need to be done when so I guess that stops her from going crazy
Lists are the way I don't know if I could do that, even though I like doing lists and such to keep everything in order.

Quote:
That's all I did when I made my profile. But I also knew I wanted to focus on pink shades so had a starting point to decide where to put colours & went from there
I guess I'm just too lazy for that but even for other users customizations I decided to not see them, so I see everyone's profile in grey.

Quote:
Personally I'd rather cold weather to hot as I find it easier to keep warm than cool down. That & I like curling up with a blanket
I mostly hate winter and cold because I hate getting sick like sore throat, flu, etc. The winter humidity makes my hair horrible. I love the powerful sun of the summer, the fact that you don't have to use tons of clothes to keep yourself warm. I like tan and I can go to the beach.

The winter blanket is nice, but you have to get out of it in the morning I've never been a fan of curling up in it on the sofa, like a lot of people use to do.

Sweating isn't nice but I prefer that to the feeling of coldness of winter

Old 07-05-2015, 02:49 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I think it takes a special sort of person to run any of the teams on here

Well that's just boring to look at them in grey, there's a few really pretty ones out there . Then again there's also some which I can't look at as they are too bright. I wish we could select which ones we want to see & which we don't

I hate getting sick too. Humidity is awful regardless of the time of year . Still will take winter over summer but I find it is humid far more often in summer here than winter. I think once you're hot then you can't do much about it to cool down for a long period of time, while it is easier to warm up & then stay warm. Then sun & I don't agree with each other, I just burn more than tan & I burn in the winter . My favourite season is Autumn/Fall, not too hot or cold

Chelle » join GTmy art