Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-29-2015, 02:16 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Oh I believed it was longer! Resist for the last two days

Quote:
The weather was against me too at the start of the week as it was rainy & windy so we had to keep them inside a lot & the children go crazy & want to run around & use their outside voices
One of the reasons why I don't exactly like children try to not go mad

The weather hasn't been nice here either, last night a huge clap of thunder woke me up. It was like a bomb! But I fell asleep again in seconds

Old 10-30-2015, 02:01 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I made it through the week Now just have Monday left

Amazingly they don't make me go too mad or crazy

Glad you fell back to sleep . It is awful when it wakes you up but then you can't go back to sleep. Still not nice that it woke you up even if you got back to sleep

Edit: There's a video of Delta singing Memory It is only the shorter version of the song from the first act but still if you're interested & the video works

Chelle » join GTmy art

Last edited by shinebrighterxx; 10-30-2015 at 04:08 AM
Old 10-30-2015, 10:51 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Yay you love children, so I guess it's not too difficult for you

Lovely video! She still looks too pretty for Grizabella, they should have made her uglier she's good! Did you know that Grizabella isn't in the poetry book that inspired the musical? They added her to create a little "story", because if you think about it this musical hasn't really a story.

Old 10-30-2015, 10:49 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Well, mostly

She does look a little too pretty, I wonder if they wanted to make her still recognisably Delta . But her singing that's good & for the most part I like her costume even if she should be a little more uglier for the role

Without her no it wouldn't so that makes sense that they added her in to give it a story. But I guess they could have made any cat the final cat who gets chosen, but it being her holds more meaning since she was the outsider

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-31-2015, 02:24 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
I wonder if they wanted to make her still recognisably Delta
I hope they didn't. I mean with theatre is not the focus, you have to see the character, not the actor.
The Grizabella I saw here many years ago had a red dress under the grey coat/fur, like a diva dress. This cat was a beautiful diva, in some way, so I thought it was a nice element. The overall look was ugly, anyway, so you had the sense of decadence anyway.

Quote:
But I guess they could have made any cat the final cat who gets chosen, but it being her holds more meaning since she was the outsider
Yeah, it gave the story a sense - a beginning and a developement. But personally I like more musicals with a deeper story

Old 10-31-2015, 10:10 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I know
That sounds like it would work well for the character

I like more deeper stories too but Cats will always hold a special place in my heart

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-01-2015, 01:55 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Did you get tickets already?

Old 11-02-2015, 02:09 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Yep. I'm going on the 11th

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-02-2015, 02:43 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

You have to send me a PM about it

I just realized that after the board closure I won't be a Mod anymore so I won't be able to read the Mod board

Old 11-03-2015, 01:36 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I'll try to remember to do that

You could always stalk the thread on the Delta board to see my jumping around too

I know that's sad. Maybe one day you'll be a mod again?

We should plan what we're going to do to continue to talk about things like Kat. There's a thread on American Idol which might have music discussions in it

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-03-2015, 02:13 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

I can do that, yes also to keep talking to you

Quote:
Maybe one day you'll be a mod again?
I don't know. I invested so much in this board that I wonder if it's worth, to keep myself involved with another one. Also I still have to find a show I LOVE like I loved this one and I can't really moderate a board if I just "like" a show or anything else. I could moderate a Katharine board, for example. I tend to care much about boards, I guess

Quote:
There's a thread on American Idol which might have music discussions in it
You know I don't find much to talk about with her Idol fans, because they follow her more because of her music and maybe they feel to be more fans because they know her since that show (just a feeling, I guess). Also I don't really know much of her music before Smash and I don't enjoy a lot of her first songs they're not bad, it's just I'm not impressed by them. I'm mostly a Smash-Kat fan, so...I don't know, I never feel I like the same Kat they like

We could start a thread in Celebrities board, maybe? I doubt anyone could start a campaign for a Kat's board, so

Old 11-03-2015, 10:54 PM
Graphics Team Manager

It is good to really care about what you are modding. That's probably the most important thing to consider. Boards for celebs/singers are probably easier as there's more to talk about & new things coming in. Once a show ends it becomes hard to keep things going so you end up like you did with Nikita & now Smash . I wouldn't mind a Katharine board

That's understandable . At times I feel I "miss out" because I don't know Kelly from her Idol time & didn't see all of that but thankfully I haven't come across fans who might feel they are more of a fan because they have

A thread on the celeb board sounds good to me. It doesn't hurt to start a campaign thread. But the thing with a Kat board is you'd have her music & her acting, including things like Idol & Scorpion, not just Smash

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-04-2015, 02:52 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
Once a show ends it becomes hard to keep things going so you end up like you did with Nikita & now Smash
Yeah. Nikita was even worse, I think, because before few of the actors got new shows they really did nothing. There wasn't anything to talk about and they weren't even at the events, so no pics. But Nikita started losing users when the show was still on air, especially during the last two seasons. I wasn't a very active user at the beginning, in 2009 it happened later and I can say that it was because of it that I became an active ff poster and I moderated my first board

Quote:
thankfully I haven't come across fans who might feel they are more of a fan because they have
No one ever told me that, but I had the feeling

Quote:
A thread on the celeb board sounds good to me.
It's simple I'd love a board and, in that case, I wouldn't mind to have also Scorpion and Idol stuff, because I could always choose to not post there there would be also threads for fashion or her dogs or whatever I used to post sometimes on the Blake Lively board and I did that mostly in NS thread (GG couple), fashion, hair () and maybe movies threads.

I might think about it, just not now. On summer, maybe although after Smash I decided to not campaign for other stuff it was demanding and in the end it was only me and another user. I ended up sending MPs to everyone reminding them to vote...and it took a year to finally make it. It wasn't all fun

Old 11-05-2015, 02:14 AM
Graphics Team Manager

when the cast aren't doing anything it is really hard, I had that with Pushing Daisies. Most of the cast didn't do anything or would just do small things, or they were doing things none of us were watching or wanted to discuss. Here though there were things but the fans just disappeared

Yeah I have a feeling it was us in the campaign but it might have been us & someone else. Campaigning is annoying & a lot of work. But if you do decide to start one let me know & I'll join it

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-05-2015, 02:58 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
Campaigning is annoying & a lot of work.
Yeah I have to think about it also because I don't want to get attached to another board, do the work and then see it getting empty, like it happened here you know if you're just a user that came after the opening - so no campaign and no moderation - it's different. You can care about the board and enjoy posting there, but there's no real work, if you understand what I mean.