Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-29-2015, 01:27 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Possible Board Closure Discussion: Please Read and Respond!

Hi Everyone,

Ilaria & I have been discussing this, & we think that it may be time to close this board. Our post counts have been declining over the past few months & we have very few regular posters. As you know, Fan Forum requires that we average at least 15 posts per day, with lower numbers than that leading to warnings & then possible closure of the board. We would prefer to go out under our own terms rather than be forced to close due to low post counts.

Please let us know what you think. We'd be glad to hear any suggestions or advice to renew interest here. Remember that to keep the board going, we need the commitment of a few regular, dedicated posters. As much as we love this board, please don't just post to "save" the board & then disappear again, because we'll be in the same position that we're in now if you do.

As much as we both love this board & the show it seems that very few fans stop by to post anymore & it is hard to discuss the same things over & over with just the two of us. As you all know, I will be stepping down from moderating soon, & it will be a shame for Ilaria to be modding alone. She can't do it though if she doesn't have many regular posters. Unfortunately no matter how amazing the show was it didn't last anywhere near as long as it could & should have. We also don't both enjoy the new projects of the actors, there is a Scorpion board to discuss Kat on it anyway, & being in different countries it is hard to discuss them anyway. Neither of us want to see the board close so if you want to help keep it around please let us know

We look forward to reading your thoughts on this

Thanks

- Chelle & Ilaria

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-29-2015, 02:08 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Yeah, we both still love this board, but without users is difficult and also pointless. It's very sad to see the board like this

Old 10-29-2015, 07:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

As much as I loved the show it's hard to discuss anything new here with no new episodes. I wish I could have stopped by more often. This was a wonderful show and a fun board.
Old 10-30-2015, 10:37 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

I don't want to start a debate but we kept posting news about the actors projects, about theatre and also there have been the two concerts of the two musicals, Bombshell - that was HUGE, we posted all the videos and stuff about it - and also Hit List. We talked about Krysta having cancer and going through that. We talked about Megan's baby and Kat's new album. We did a S1 rewatch about which I sent PMs to all our previous posters (and most of them didn't even reply). We posted every single pic of each tiny reunion of the actors. We had all the news about the actors, including the guest stars, that could be found. We opened a discussion to imagine future seasons of the show.
So even with the show over, we did our best to keep the threads alive. There was stuff to discuss to, even if not the weekly episode. It wasn't even difficult to find, but simply people stopped coming and see what was happening.
But I guess the interest lowered after the shows's ending, including the one towards the actors. That can happen after a shows ending, I get it.

See, I don't have regrets about not doing enough - nor has Chelle - because I feel I did everything I could. Really. That's what makes this a little bitter, for me. Chelle helped me in every possible way she could, even when she was busy. She replied to every thread. We did our best every single day, week after week.

I'm not blaming people, I just wanted for this board to last longer or, at least, to not seeing it becoming a desert with only the two mods talking to each other.

Old 10-31-2015, 11:31 PM
Graphics Team Manager

It has been decided that the board will be closing on November 8th.

Thank you everyone

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-01-2015, 09:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm sorry all your efforts weren't enough to save the board, Ilaria and Chelle, but I do think you kept it going much longer than anyone else could have.
You can be proud of all you offered here.

New! Benedict Cumberbatch Forum

~Sherry | avi by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 11-01-2015, 01:49 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

We are