Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-21-2013, 03:21 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

I'm particularly oversensitive about Phantom - like NO ONE CAN TOUCH THOSE SONGS

Quote:
She may just not be able to sing certain styles/notes right now that she'd need to be trained for.
Yeah, but with training she could definitely do it. She could even be a surprise for all those people out there! Anyway haters would hate anyway...she shouldn't think too much about it.

Another appearance! Kat hosts Lipton "Feel the Taste" in NY, June 20, 2013

more HQ
http://img11.imagevenue.com/galshow....82221106_106lo

Heels on the sand

Old 06-21-2013, 04:24 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Same that's why I'm scared to watch that video

Haters need a life . She COULD do it I think

Beautiful pictures, I especially love the last one that you posted . I don't get the heels on a beach part though either

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-21-2013, 11:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Beautiful pics! She looks stunning there and love the heels in the sand.
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
Old 06-22-2013, 01:11 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

The pictures are the ones I already posted, so just the interview at the Lipton event

Quote:
Katharine McPhee celebrates with summer party & unveils the 'Lipton Sun' in NYC

LIPTON ICED TEA® Alongside actress and singer, Katharine McPhee inspire consumers to ‘feel the taste of summer’ by unveiling the first ever Lipton Sun.

The event was hosted at the Beekman Beer Garden Beach Club this past Thursday, June 20, 2013 from 8 – 11:00pm ET. Lipton Iced Tea®, America's number one portfolio of teas, alongside singer and actress Katharine McPhee, celebrated the arrival of the summer solstice – the longest and brightest day of the year - by unveiling a one-of-a-kind illuminated installation aimed at providing 24-hours of sunlight to New Yorkers last Thursday night.

The giant luminous orb, aptly named the Lipton Sun, was created in partnership with world-renowned PRATT Institute, and serves to celebrate the endless possibilities that accompany summer and bright moments. The Lipton Sun will reside at New York City’s Beekman Beach Club from June 20th through June 23rd and be accessible to the public.

I had the opportunity to catch up the beautiful Katharine McPhee to ask about her new music and what her fans can expect when she performs this fall, check out the full interview below:

Examiner (Anthony Bowles): When can your fans expect a new single?
Katharine McPhee:
“I don’t have a date exactly; I have quite a few songs that my A&R team and managers are working on to present them to the record label and once we get them to the record label, we can get some decisions. I’m happy that my label has been amazing and they have been great with always helping me do what I want to do, so they can expect something in the next few months.”

Examiner (Anthony Bowles): Can you see yourself doing Broadway?
Katharine McPhee:
“Absolutely! I would love to do Broadway, I obviously love that setting after doing a show like “Smash” and I’ve always been a huge musical theater fan, and just like everything else, it’s just waiting for the right project and I have to wait for the right thing.”

Examiner (Anthony Bowles): What is one of your favorite musicals?
Katharine McPhee:
“I am still a huge “Wicked” fan, and I really love it! I also really want to see “Cinderella.”

Examiner (Anthony Bowles): What did you think of the “American Idol” judges this past year?
Katharine McPhee:
“I was really involved with season 2 of “Smash” so I really didn’t pay that much attention to it because they judges have been changing lately. I can’t say that I’ve watched a lot to make a comment about it.”

Examiner (Anthony Bowles): Do you think America got it right with “The Voice” with their winner?
Katharine McPhee:
“Yes, I do and she’s super talented. I’m very good friends with Amber, and I was rooting for her, but the girl who won, deserved to win.”

Examiner (Anthony Bowles): Will any new music be available for your concerts in October?
Katharine McPhee: “I’m curious about it too, and it really depends on when a new record is timed to come out, so possibly a single could be out that I will perform on the road.”
source

PLUS Vote SMASH and KATHARINE in the Golden Remote Awards poll

http://it.eonline.com/news/432265/20...-miss-the-most

Last edited by airali_glo; 06-22-2013 at 01:19 PM
Old 06-22-2013, 02:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

I hope we get to know more about her single soon. Good for her for loving Wicked it's one of my favorite musicals too.
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
Old 06-23-2013, 01:10 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Some time ago she said that her favorite was "Into The Woods" (besides, also Karen, in S1, had the ITW poster on the wall, at home)

Everyone tells me that Wicked is absolutely fantastic, I wish I could go see it if only they made a live DVD!

I liked her answer about Broadway, although it's a very "polite" answer, it's pretty general

From Macy's 4th of July celebration, 2008.

Old 06-23-2013, 08:08 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I like her answers, she was being very polite & general in some of her answers though

Wicked . I find it interesting that she listed that since Megan was in it at some point

That voting is hard for me as I love Leighton in Gossip Girl, but I voted Smash/Kat for both

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-24-2013, 10:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

I like Into The Woods too but I don't know much about that musical just know what's it's about.
Old 06-24-2013, 02:23 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
I don't know much about that musical just know what's it's about.
Same!

Quote:
I find it interesting that she listed that since Megan was in it at some point
I wonder if they talked about it

Old 06-25-2013, 02:47 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I don't really know anything about In The Woods

I want to know that too . It'd be more interesting if Katharine had seen her in it though

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-25-2013, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

I missed out on seeing Megan in Wicked she should do that show again I want to see her play Glinda again.

On to Kat: I wonder if she saw Megan in Wicked if she loves that show too than it's likely she saw her.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:33 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Until when Megan played Glinda? I don't think Kat saw her, she would have said it

A new interview from Lipton event:

Quote:
Catching up with Katharine McPhee

She shot to fame way back in 2006 when she was the runner-up on “American Idol”. And of late, Katharine McPhee has been lighting up the small screen on “Smash”.

While she admits to being disappointed that the show was recently axed, when we caught up with her as she ushered in this year’s summer solstice by lighting the “Lipton Sun” at the Summer TASTE Party in New York on June 20, she spoke excitedly about her new musical plans. And, she revealed how she juggles her career and marriage (McPhee has been married to Nick Cokas since 2008) in our Q & A below:

CelebZter: How did it come about that you became a spokesperson for Lipton Summer Tastes Party?

Katharine: I’ve been a fan of Lipton Iced Tea and I loved the idea of kicking off 24 hours of sunlight to celebrate the summer solstice- the brightest and longest day of the year.

CelebZter: What refreshing tipple do you like to indulge in during these long, hot summer days?

Katharine: Coming out of the party, I’m now hooked on Lipton’s Berried Green Iced Tea with Pomegranate and a splash of bourbon. Add some blueberries on top and believe it or not, some basil as a garnish for a little bit of a bitter bite that complements the sweetness of the iced tea perfectly.

CelebZter: What’s the best thing about summer in your eyes?

Katharine: I like the fun, carefree spirit of summer and the feeling that anything is possible. It makes me happy and I always seem to find great sources of inspiration and creativity – whether it’s the longer summer days, the bright colors or being by the ocean.

CelebZter: You said you loved every moment of “Smash”, why was it such a wonderful experience for you?

Katharine: Smash was something different. Never had there been a show on television that tried to attempt what we did every week. With that came a lot of amazing and interesting work days with a wonderful cast and crew. We were like a family knowing that worked really hard together but also enjoyed the work we all go to do.

CelebZter: How do you balance your personal life and a successful career?

Katharine: Balancing career and personal life is tough I’m sure in any business. It’s about making and prioritizing all the aspects of your life so it’s not all about your career.

CelebZter: What projects do you have on the horizon?

Katharine: I’m signed with Colombia and they have been incredibly patient with my process in making this next record. I feel it is an important record for me. For it to really be authentic and with the Smash schedule I dabbed in it from time to time on breaks and things but right now since the show is over that has been my main focus. To get it finished and at least a single out in the next few months. I’ve never been so excited about my music before.
source

Old 06-26-2013, 03:27 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Megan was only Glinda from 2005 to 2006 so it wasn't very long. I think Kat would have mentioned it too if she'd seen her

I want summer . Thanks for the interview

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-26-2013, 01:43 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Another one

Quote:
Katharine McPhee Moves on from SMASH

Just because SMASH was canceled doesn't mean Katharine McPhee is slowing down. Living in Los Angeles, the American Idol runner up is finishing her new album (its release date has yet to be announced) and planning her upcoming tour.

During a pit stop in New York, the actress took a short break to chat about her fitness routine, her favorite body part, and the dangers of heels.

SHAPE: When it comes to fashion, you occasionally opt for a sexy, couture look. Which body part are you the proudest showing off?
Katharine McPhee (KM):
I'm actually really proud of my broad shoulders. I literally have the same shoulders as my mom, so I tend to like that part of my body. I'm not so much of a cleavage person.

SHAPE: Everyone knows you're a great dancer after starring in Smash. How did you take care of your feet since you constantly danced in heels?
KM:
I actually injured my right big toe during the first season of the show. They were really kind and every few weeks had a physical therapist come out during lunch breaks. All the crew would be like "What are you doing, you’re getting a massage?" My biggest thing is I love to get pedicures. I always ask for the extra massage and it's just so great.

SHAPE: How do you think your body has changed from your time in American Idol to now?
KM:
It's changed like crazy, but my body is kind of always changing. I'm certainly not one of those people who has a body that's in check all the time because I love to eat, so I go up and down just like any other woman. It drives me crazy that I go up and down, but I feel better when I'm down then when I'm up. The one thing that has changed, I will say, is that SoulCycle has literally changed the shape of my derriere. I actually can be up in my weight and my butt is still higher then it’s ever been. I'm obsessed with SoulCycle for that very reason.

SHAPE: It's rumored you have some upcoming concert dates set for the fall. How are you preparing for the performances?
KM:
I've been in the studio since I wrapped on SMASH. For me, when you're in the studio, your food is a little more lackadaisical. You're not on camera all the time, so I just try to keep up with working out. When I actually get on tour I'll probably be a little more particular with what I'm eating.
source

Old 06-27-2013, 05:30 AM
Graphics Team Manager

If she's going to tour let her release her album or at least have a date!

You know I like her not being a cleavage person. I don't see the need to always show them off. It can be nice, but some people like to show them off a little too much its annoying. I like that it is her shoulders she likes showing off, I don't think that is something you'd commonly hear people say is the part they like showing off

Sad she hurt her toe, but good that she could have her feet taken care of like that. I'd hate to dance in heels, that'd be hard if you ask me. Then again the last time I was walking in heels wasn't too good either (but I was on a boat, so that probably wasn't helping )

As for the rest let her live her life, don't worry about weight or what she's eating

Chelle » join GTmy art