Old 11-09-2013, 02:32 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

http://dontforgetsmash.tumblr.com/po...shell-ivy-lynn

Old 04-21-2014, 05:36 AM
Moderator Support Team

thanks for this thread, i still want it to be really turned into a musical

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 04-21-2014, 01:15 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Same, even if I couldn't see it! But it will need a lot of changes, because even Megan said that it's impossible for an actress to play this eight times a week (or at least six, if you consider the alternate who does two shows).

Who knows, maybe if Smash had success, NBC would have put it fully on DVD or aired as a special on tv.

Old 04-21-2014, 03:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Haven't seen this thread in a while I still love this show and wish it was real.
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
Old 04-21-2014, 07:33 PM
Graphics Team Manager

It would be good if we could have gotten it as a special or if they could turn it into a musical. A little funny that it is impossible to actually be one though but makes sense since it would be very demanding. Maybe one day we could get one show of it though? That could be nice if they could do that...

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-22-2014, 10:55 AM
Moderator Support Team

I can see that with songs like they used on the show it would be SO HARD to sing that again and again night after night and after a week your voice would be gone

but a special would have been amazing.

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 04-22-2014, 02:17 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
It would be good if we could have gotten it as a special or if they could turn it into a musical.
The fun thing is that in the past there was a Marilyn musical for real! But It seems it was pretty bad.

Yeah, it would be very demanding just like it is right now, like we saw it in the show. But with a book, more dialogues, more characters (especially male)...but a stage adaptation would have also another problem: cutting/changing people's favorite parts. They had to change it, but there will always be someone who won't like that they cut a particular song or changed another part. No one would ever be happy

But putting it together as a concert (with both Kat and Megan) or a dvd special would be nice. It wouldn't be exactly real, but at least not so demanding for the actress. Shaiman & Wittman some time ago said that they had received some offers from charity associations to make a Bombshell concert for raising funds. But they were still thinking about it.

Quote:
I can see that with songs like they used on the show it would be SO HARD to sing that again and again night after night and after a week your voice would be gone
She sings in 19 songs on 22 (she has a litttle part on Hang The Moon too). Marilyn is always on scene, basically and often complicated choreographies are one after another (like Mambo and the Pastime or Public Relations and Dig Deep). It's insane

Hit List also would need an adaptation, but at least it has already more characters singing and a book (the concert at 54 Below had a book). And the main character would need more solos, imho.

I'd love to see it adapted for the stage, even with changes or cut songs. For me it would be a great way to keep the memory of Smash alive and most of all in the music part: I still think that Smash hadn't enough awards and recognition for the music. It was all talking about the "ridiculous" storylines, but not enough praising the music work of Shaiman, Wittman and all the S2 composers.

Old 04-22-2014, 08:29 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Even if they had to make changes it still keeps the memory alive . I'd take anything happily, but yeah sadly you can never satisfy everyone. The priority would be to make sure it could be doable for one person to play Marilyn for one concert. Really though I wouldn't mind if Megan & Kat both played the part during the one concert That way those who preferred Megan as Marilyn & those who preferred Kat as Marilyn could all be partially happy since they both would be Marilyn. Then it also wouldn't be as demanding on them since they'd be sharing the role

Surely there are musicals made about one main person which still find a way to work? But yeah the role of Marilyn is too demanding so at least that would need work
Quote:
Shaiman & Wittman some time ago said that they had received some offers from charity associations to make a Bombshell concert for raising funds. But they were still thinking about it.
Can they please do this?

Quote:
I still think that Smash hadn't enough awards and recognition for the music. It was all talking about the "ridiculous" storylines, but not enough praising the music work of Shaiman, Wittman and all the S2 composers.
I completely agree. Regardless of the storylines the music was always wonderful & all who worked on it were amazingly talented. The performers singing the songs were talented as well. The storylines may have had problems which sadly was the focus, but can people deny the musical talent that was in this show?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-23-2014, 08:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Any show or anything in show business is demanding but with good producers, song writings etc you can make a show like this in real life.

I always liked the idea of making this into like a mini movie either for TV or the movie theaters which would be like an hour and a half or a little bit longer. I know this will never actually happen but it would be quite interesting if it did. But, not with the SMASH cast a totally different cast with maybe some of the SMASH stars coming in unexpectedly at moments.
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
Old 04-23-2014, 01:12 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
Any show or anything in show business is demanding but with good producers, song writings etc you can make a show like this in real life.
Of course but Bombshell clearly can't be staged like it is right now, even with all those things. It needs changes and cuts not because it's awful or bad - of course it's not - but because it's impossible for the main actress. It takes a HUGE stamina to sing (at least) six times a week for months or years and this would be terribly hard even for one night only. Shaiman and Wittman wrote Bombshell for a tv show, not for the stage so obviously we needed to see more Marilyn than others (the story of the show within the show was mainly with Ivy and Karen). We had a Joe Di Maggio solo because it was related to Michael and Julia (same for History Is Made At Night).

On a real stage this would be about the real Marilyn, so we'd need to hear also other characters of her life and to hear the more.

So with an adaptation and then good producers this could be great but I'm not sure NBC would give it up (it's always part of Smash = owned by NBC). That's why I think even a simple concert is difficult to organise.

Quote:
But, not with the SMASH cast a totally different cast with maybe some of the SMASH stars coming in unexpectedly at moments.
A different cast would be weird at list for a first time: it should be the first version with the original cast and then maybe a special with other musical theatre performers singing stuff from it.

Old 04-24-2014, 02:54 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Something that is made for TV either a movie or on stage may be easier to do because they could film it in sections without needing to change. But yeah NBC would probably cause problems & they'd need money (oh & want to do it, that helps too)

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-24-2014, 03:10 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
Something that is made for TV either a movie or on stage may be easier to do because they could film it in sections without needing to change.
Yeah, that's why on tv Bombshell seems so easy and ready to be staged, but it you think about it...but for tv it would be okay, it would be like Smash episodes but without all the not-Bombshell parts They could also film and add extra scenes with dialogues, since Bombshell hasn't exactly a book.

I really wanted to know more about the revised Julia's book in S2.

Anyway even the contrary (from stage to movie or television) needs some changes. It's simply a different world

Old 04-24-2014, 06:32 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Different worlds make it harder. Not having a book doesn't help at all but adding in some dialogue would be good. I just think it would be interesting to watch it in order & full even if it was just as is imperfections & all. But I think if they ever did anything they'd work on it some more, make the necessary changes & try to make it perfect. They didn't need to do that as much for the show or necessarily need to make a book for it

Yeah it would be interesting to know about her changes

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-24-2014, 01:10 PM
Moderator Support Team

a mini movie would be great too. or a big movie on the big screen lol. I would definitely buy anything they had to offer

I would also love a musical even with the changes of whatever they had to make. Oh I didnt know about the musical for marilyn. have to google that. btu yes if we havent heard anything about it then it wasnt that great I would guess lol

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 04-24-2014, 03:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think what we are getting with the reunions and the cast singing the songs is great but if they were to do something again with this cast I'll say something musical, it doesn't have to be a musical theater show or movie just having them together as a cast would be great.

I love this cast it's one of my favorites.