Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2017, 10:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

Shadowhunters 2x08 "Love Is a Devil" Episode Discussion [Air Date: 20.02.2017]

2x08 Love Is a Devil
Tasked with arranging his brother Max's Rune Ceremony, Alex grabs the opportunity for his family to get to know Magnus; with tensions flying, Max's big event quickly becomes an evening where they all must face their biggest fears.

Basic Rules:

- Be Respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views. Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.

- No Character/Actor Bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people who are just trying to do the best with what they are given. We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.

- Everything is a spoiler until it has aired.

- Any talk of Illegal Downloading should not be brought up here. Live Streams & such can be discussed through PM's.

- Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Old 02-20-2017, 01:00 PM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for this!

[sigh in frustration]

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 02-20-2017, 05:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

You're welcome
Old 02-21-2017, 06:02 AM
Passionate Fan

Great episode. Loved that Simon finally told Clary how he really feels. Isabelle and Raphael were very good.
Old 02-21-2017, 05:42 PM
Moderator Support Team

I really enjoy this episode.. Beside, I find the party weird bec there aren't not even ONE kid at the party for Max to hang out..

[sigh in frustration]

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 02-21-2017, 11:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Xo, Kitty

I'm glad Simon told Izzy too so we can finally move past it. I am not feeling that relationship at all. I definitely only see them as friends. I did like seeing Jace's slight jealously though over it. I felt bad for Maia though!

Not much Malec really, what a bummer. I hate how sidelined they seem to be and I'm disappointed that we didnt get any follow up to last week... so they slept together then? It was a big unclear.

Other than that the episode was fairly interesting, all the miscommunication was sort of fun to watch play out.
Old 02-22-2017, 12:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

Raphael and Izzy It’s great that he helped her from those vampires. And he gave her his venom. It looks like her addiction isn’t going to end

Oh the vision was a demon who can destroy the sword. That’s not good at all.

Max is back Lightwood reunion. Although Izzy seems to be still mad at her mum.

The warlock lady is back and Valentine is blackmailing her. So she was the one who made everyone act that way during the party.

I’m glad to see Simon finally confessing to Clary. Although Clary thought he was seeing Maia. I guess she feels the same way as Simon since they kissed. But it feels kind of rushed like there wasn’t much of a build up. But then Simon hooks up with Maia? So strange.

There wasn’t a lot of Malec but it was sweet of Magnus to have that party for Max.

Maryse trying to kill Jace So that was all fake. I’m glad Maryse finally told Jace she didn’t regret taking him into her family.

The whole episode was kind of strange with what was happening. I knew something was off during the whole party. So it seems like they were all hallucinating and under a spell.

Clary has pure angel blood throughout her body

Max is a Shadowhunter

Oh Maryse and Robert fighting are about the whole cheating thing Robert had. Poor Maryse. I guess they changed that with Izzy not knowing.
Old 02-22-2017, 09:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I never expected Clary to immediately accept Simon as her boyfriend! Great surprise!
Old 02-22-2017, 05:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

trippy episode hehe,of course valentine was behind it
I actually enjoyed it

I thought it would take Clary some time to process it but I thought it was cute how it came about

great to see max being a shadowhunter and lightwood reunion

the secret is out with maryse and Robert and clary having angel blood

im glad Raphael put some sense into izzy but yeah I think the addiction is going away

{}
Old 02-23-2017, 02:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Xo, Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
I never expected Clary to immediately accept Simon as her boyfriend! Great surprise!
I am only glad because it means the quicker it'll be over with.

Quote:
Although Clary thought he was seeing Maia. I guess she feels the same way as Simon since they kissed. But it feels kind of rushed like there wasn’t much of a build up.
yeah i felt it was super rushed too, it came out of nowhere to me really. i mean, i know that simon had feelings but i thought he was liking maia. so i didnt expect it this episode.
Old 02-23-2017, 07:04 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
Not much Malec really, what a bummer. I hate how sidelined they seem to be and I'm disappointed that we didnt get any follow up to last week... so they slept together then? It was a big unclear.
The dialogue between Jace and Magnus could be viewed as saying that Malec had sex though, that was still vague. Funny though.
Old 02-23-2017, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Old 02-23-2017, 07:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
yeah i felt it was super rushed too, it came out of nowhere to me really. i mean, i know that simon had feelings but i thought he was liking maia. so i didnt expect it this episode.
I thought he was too and Clary didn't have an indication of liking Simon that way. I assume she was jealous of Maia's friendship with Simon as she didn't know how so well.

That gif looks awesome with the effect of Magnus' magic.
Old 02-26-2017, 11:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

it was crazy how that female warlock made everyone see crazy things.... it was a weird episode overall...