Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2017, 04:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Shadowhunters 2x05 "Dust and Shadows" Episode Discussion [Air Date: 30.01.2017]

2x05 Dust and Shadows
Clary takes desperate actions after the attack on the Institute.

Basic Rules:

- Be Respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views. Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.

- No Character/Actor Bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people who are just trying to do the best with what they are given. We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.

- Everything is a spoiler until it has aired.

- Any talk of Illegal Downloading should not be brought up here. Live Streams & such can be discussed through PM's.

- Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

{}
Old 01-30-2017, 05:17 AM
Loyal Fan

Thank you for the new thread In this episode i think...

Spoiler:
Kuchiki Rukia & Seventeen Jeonghan & Chen Qiao En & Jude Kincade & Clarke Griffin

Last edited by ChocoCipCookies; 01-30-2017 at 05:44 AM
Old 01-30-2017, 09:15 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Isabelle's storyline made me realize how much I never got over Jem's death.
Old 01-30-2017, 11:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

I can't believe that included that and the warlock/shadowhunter and how izzy wanted to be an iron sister graet to see book references and omg finally and clarys abilities to create runes

It seems to be working for izzy but I think there will be consequences

aww poor alec but I'm glad magnus helped him and I enjoyed clary and alec teaming up

alec and madzie so cute

awesome fight scene with jace and izzy and how he made fun of her cooking again hehe

funeral was sad and what happened to luke

Simon telling his mom

that was one creepy demon

{}
Old 01-31-2017, 12:10 AM
Loyal Fan

Just finish watching it!!!

I just love

- Clary and Simon, when they're together they have this bond that I wish I can have with someone

- The Luke reference from both of them showed how much these 3 need each other now

- I was looking forward to Lydia vs aldertree this episode, hopefully in 206 she comes back, since Victor said she's healing well in Idris

- Victor make fine points in Jace should have save the mortal sword, but kinda hate him still

- FINALLY IZZY/JACE!!! their fighting scene rocks!!

- Izzy and Aldertree I hope Izzy doesnt get addicted!!!

- Malec.....so quick but I still cherish it

- Clary and Alec was nice to see, but hope theres more friendship between them!!

- I wonder if we'll see the doctor warlock again!! I hope so, she seems badass

- The funeral scene was the saddest it looks like Jocelyn is really dead...

- The final few seconds..LUKE!!!!!!!! OMG
Kuchiki Rukia & Seventeen Jeonghan & Chen Qiao En & Jude Kincade & Clarke Griffin
Old 01-31-2017, 04:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

Poor Clary. I had a feeling that she wanted to bring her mother back to life but it wouldn't be the same if it did happen. I'm glad she can use her rune powers.

I liked seeing Alec and Clary team up.

That doctor warlock. I'm not sure about her and now Clary still odes her that favour. I wonder what it would be.

Poor Izzy. She's going to be addicted to that and she is probably going to end up like Jem was

I feel like it's going to hard for Simon I really don't think his mother is coping with him being a vampire but at least she didn't kick him out like in the books.

The funeral scene was so sad especially when Clary broke down.

I was confused what happened at the end with Luke.
Old 01-31-2017, 08:35 AM
Dedicated Fan

I wonder if Izzy's hair is going to turn white (Jem Style)

Also isn't the drug going to kill her in the end, unless they've changed it. I mean Jem ate the Yin Fen didn't he.
Old 01-31-2017, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

The episode was okay… It only started to pick up for me near the end…

Poor Simon, I felt awful for him. His family getting all up in his business was super annoying. When I lived at home everyone left me alone. Don’t really blame him for wanting to move out again. Glad he was honest with his mom...

I thought it was cute when Alec felt so guilty about Clary’s mom and when he apologized and went with her, that was so cute. It was great when he said he wasn’t going to leave her side.

Clary was being such an idiot the whole episode, it was more than obvious the warlock lady as a fraud from the very beginning. But at least it made for an interesting episode sort of. lol.

I was disappointed that we didn’t get more Magnus/Alec moments but I guess I am glad their story isn’t being rushed.
Old 01-31-2017, 05:21 PM
Moderator Support Team

what happend to luke? my dvr cut his scene off?
Old 01-31-2017, 06:07 PM
Moderator Support Team

^ He was nude while he has blood almost over his body and his mouth..

I really like this episode.. It was good, but intense..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 02-01-2017, 03:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animefan99 (View Post)
I wonder if Izzy's hair is going to turn white (Jem Style)

Also isn't the drug going to kill her in the end, unless they've changed it. I mean Jem ate the Yin Fen didn't he.
He did
Old 02-01-2017, 09:43 AM
Absolute Fan

I'm going to "live-post" as I watch, just because it's easier and I'm pressed for time:
* I really hate Aldertree; the man is shadier than Valentine, twice as annoying, and twice as dangerous. At least Valentine has the excuse of being the "bad guy", but Aldertree is supposed to be on the "side of the angels" (literally and figuratively). Benching Jace for no reason and intentionally getting Izzy hooked on a dangerous drug (because I refuse to believe that he didn't know that's what was going to happen) makes him an extremely deplorable human being

* Why doesn't Clary listen to people when they tell her not to do things? That warlock lady, Iris Rouse, is obvious "bad news", and yet Clary doesn't recognize that and indebts herself to her without thinking

* Bad, bad idea, Simon, going home; you ought to be smarter than that, even with what happened to Jocelyn weighing you down

* Alec and Magnus continue to be two of the best things about this series, regardless of whether their "romance" goes anywhere or not

* Alec, you and Clary clearly can't think straight, because agreeing to and endorsing Clary's plan to resurrect Jocelyn is a supremely bad idea

* You do get points, though, for at least recognizing/realizing how shady Iris is after meeting her; you get points taken away, though, for letting Clary go through with the entire thing

* I have no idea what to make of the scene where Simon confesses to his mom that he's a vampire, especially since they had her say that she'd always love him (which is honestly easier said than done, and consequently a supremely dumb thing to say more often than not, even in earnest)

* Congratulations, show; you've officially given us a character worse than both Valentine and Aldertree put together in Iris Rouse. Forcibly impregnating women is just wrong on so many different levels

* Writing runes on yourself that just appear out of thin air probably isn't the smartest thing to do, Clary, but what's done is done, I guess; I'm surprised that Jace wasn't more freaked out, though, given how practical he generally is

* I guess Simon's mom's words from earlier are definitely going to be put to the test, and hopefully her actions will live up to what she said

* If Clary's mom's funeral happened at the end of the episode, what the heck was going on prior to Jace and Clary's conversation where she first broached the subject of possibly doing a resurrection?

* I think it's pretty obvious what was going on with Luke throughout this episode; he retreated into being a werewolf, which is why he was naked and lying on the ground in a forest

Shadowhunters continues to get better and better week-to-week, and I'm interested to see what happens with these Iron Sisters, and with Izzy's addiction to this yin fen drug, Simon's mom learning for certain that he wasn't playing around with the vampire thing, and whether or not we'll see Iris Rouse resurface soon.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor