Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2016, 08:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

Shadowhunters 1x06 "Of Men and Angels" Episode Discussion [Air Date: 16.02.2016]

1x06 Of Men and Angels
With Luke in dire need of help, Jace, Clary, and Simon take him to Magnus' lair in hopes of saving his life. Once there, the story of how Valentine came to be evil and Jocelyn and Luke's past is revealed to Clary in hopes of triggering her memory of what happened to the Mortal Cup. Meanwhile, Isabelle and Alec are tasked to restore their family name in the eyes of the Clave.

Basic Rules:

- Be Respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views. Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.

- No Character/Actor Bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people who are just trying to do the best with what they are given. We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.

- Everything is a spoiler until it has aired.

- Any talk of Illegal Downloading should not be brought up here. Live Streams & such can be discussed through PM's.

- Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Old 02-16-2016, 03:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Sounds like this will be a great ep!
Old 02-16-2016, 06:27 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

I'm so ready. I literally went to class today so I could watch this live.
Old 02-16-2016, 11:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

^that is dedication.

Can't wait for it. I am so excited. thanks for opening the discussion thread
Old 02-16-2016, 12:48 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by running wild (View Post)
I'm so ready. I literally went to class today so I could watch this live.
I felt the same way whenever I come home from work and classes..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 02-16-2016, 08:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I feel so bad for Alec and Isabella, though I understand where their mother is coming from. Max was cute.

I still don't feel bad for Valentine. Didn't in the book and not for the show. He had this thing called free will and he made his choices. The whole did it for love bad guys excuse never really flies with me. Anyway it was clear Valentine was already over the edge. Glad Clary set Luke straight and said it wasn't their fault.
It was nice to see flashbacks of Jocelyn and Luke. One of my favorite moments was when Jocelyn saved/defended Luke. One thing I did like is how they changed the way Clary reacted to what Jocelyn did. She was more understanding of her mother regarding her choices, that she was protecting her from a mad man. While it was understandable that she was angry/upset with her mother at first I was never a fan of how she kept on treating her mother so badly in the books.

The little moment we got of Luke/Jocelyn was nice. I think they have some nice chemistry.

Last edited by *OldHollywoodStarlet*; 02-16-2016 at 09:33 PM
Old 02-16-2016, 10:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

I felt bad for them as well, lightwoods are down to business, parents are quite tough on them,i do understand where they are coming from but they still should have choices
it was nice to see max so cute

isabelle she is changing how she dresses

I liked the flashbacks ,i understand what you mean
clary finding out she has a brother

malec so excited for more

{}
Old 02-16-2016, 11:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

I agree about the Lightwoods. I get their parents want to preserve their line but it would be better if they have their choice on the matter. Max was adorable.

I really love the Malec scenes especially the last one I'm glad Alec did end up coming when Magnus really needed him.

I'm glad we got some scenes with Jace and Simon

I like the flashbacks scenes just to see how the Circle was back then. I don't think it was Jocelyn or Luke's fault that Valentine turned out to be like that. He made his own choices and obviously he wanted that power long before Luke and Jocelyn were in the picture. I remember in the book, he was the one who was recruited people to be in the Circle. So he had that big plan along of what he wanted to do.
Old 02-17-2016, 05:09 PM
Moderator Support Team

I felt bad for both Alec and Isabella after what their parents want for secure their family name that nobody think they aren't important..

I really enjoy Malec scenes..

I feel bad for Simon at the end even tho he just knows..

is that what you want?

Old 02-17-2016, 10:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

If we aren't suppose to talk about book stuff, please feel free to edit my post mods.

I think it might be more than just securing their family name though that's apart of it. I think it's what happen because of their ties to the circle and the whole mess associated with it. They're looked at differently because of it and they're being punished. They're being watched and are on a very thin tight rope. They need to stay inside the lines more for all of it and sadly that means being more harsher on their kids to protect them. In this case the sins of the parents is being put upon their kids too by the shadowhuners/clave. Of course Alec/Izzy doesn't know that, yet.
Old 02-17-2016, 11:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

I think you might be right I can see others looking at them differently because of their connection with the Circle and I'm sure a lot of the Circle members would be too. We see that with Hodge since he needs to stay in the Institute and is being monitored. I do think they really want to get the Lightwood name back to where it was before the whole Circle mess.
Old 02-18-2016, 04:32 AM
Obsessed Fan

I felt really bad for Isabelle, her mom is so judgy and I didn't like that she had to change her clothing and her ways to please her (it'll be a good storyline though, I'm sure many girls associate with Izzy on this), I'm glad her dad and her are close and I liked that he gave her a cooking book

The lightwood's scenes were amazing, I love max, I also really like the family dynamic, it's just my kind of complicated

Malec scene are amazing as usual I loved the lie Magnus told to get Alec to come to his appartment, it was hilarious and they have so much chemistry

I love that Alec chose to help Clary and I liked that he did it for himself and not for Jace

I love Simon when he licked the blood it was really funny, all his scenes were amazing

Clary is also amazing, even though Alec is pretty much a dick to her and doesn't like her she still is nice to him, I really love their scenes, and I'm looking forward to their "friendship"

Jace I'm not sure about him, he's so mean to Alec, and so nice to Clary it's like a completely different person and I feel weird about that because he just met Clary and he spent a decade with Alec and Izzy. The worst part is he won't apologize for his behavior because it's like "the good side" or whatever I just wish he treated Alec like his actuam parabatai, I know it's part of the story and it challenges their relationship and make things interesting, but the fact is: Jace pressured Alec to help Clary breaking so many Clave rules, and he yelled at him yet Maryse punished Alec and Izzy and not Jace
I just don't know how I feel about that. I get Clary wanting to get her mom back she's emotional, and she just lost her mom and she never knew about shadowhunters so she doesn't know the rules. But Jace knows about the rules, he knows that Maryse will likely punish the lightwoods and not him (he spent a decade with that family so he knows) and he still chose Clary, a girl he only just met over the family that took him in.

I mean Jace has always been a dick to Alec in the books but I never really paid attention because Alec was practically nonexistent, but here I get his reasons and why he doesn't want to help Clary and so Jace makes me mad because he knows those reasons and he choses to ignore them

Ok rant over

I loved the episode, they just keep getting better and better and it's quickly becoming my favorite show
Old 02-18-2016, 05:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

yes tara and ann I forgot about that part. i totally agree

hehe that simon moment he seemed like a lizard

i understand with you about jace part

{}
Old 12-19-2016, 05:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

with Christmas coming up hopefully I can fit it in

{}
Old 12-19-2016, 05:21 PM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for that.. I prob watch it after Christmas..

is that what you want?