Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2016, 10:48 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Quote:
I love everthing, Izzy's relationship with her mom was so interesting and it seems to be a really good storyline, it was heartbreaking when she said "shadowhunters don't hug" right before her mom hugged Jace. I feel like Izzy gets ****shamed a lot by some websites/booktubers/fans/author and tbh it makes me really mad because she's like that in the books, she sleeps with Meliorn in the books as well, and she dresses provocatively in the books. Except, in the books, she's non existent in the first 2 and we only get to see her true personalities after Max dies. (Anyway just wanted to say that because fangirlish and tmisource makes me really mad..)
YES. THANK YOU! And about booktubers, seems like the "bigger" ones are just crapping on the entire show. Made it really easy to unsubscribe. They don't even bother to check their book facts.
Old 02-12-2016, 03:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmemandy (View Post)
I love everthing, Izzy's relationship with her mom was so interesting and it seems to be a really good storyline, it was heartbreaking when she said "shadowhunters don't hug" right before her mom hugged Jace. I feel like Izzy gets ****shamed a lot by some websites/booktubers/fans/author and tbh it makes me really mad because she's like that in the books, she sleeps with Meliorn in the books as well, and she dresses provocatively in the books. Except, in the books, she's non existent in the first 2 and we only get to see her true personalities after Max dies. (Anyway just wanted to say that because fangirlish and tmisource makes me really mad..)
Hallelujah to you
Old 02-12-2016, 08:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

totally agree thanks for sharing that

{}
Old 02-12-2016, 10:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

I agree what you said about Izzy.
Old 02-12-2016, 10:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Spoiler:

{}
Old 02-12-2016, 10:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

Spoiler:
Old 02-12-2016, 10:42 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
That scene made the episode for me! So heartbreaking, yet so powerful in a good way... It adds layers to the characters that could have run loose otherwise.
"Because I love you, you idiot!"
Old 02-13-2016, 02:34 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
I don't even know how they're parabatai... they haven't had one moment to show it yet
I think they're mostly challenging their relationship at this point, imo, the books didn't really show the parabatai bond between Alec and Jace, I understood the concept in the infernal devices, I feel like they really love each other in the show, but Clary coming into Jace's is somehow an obstacle to their bond, but I feel like it'll make for an interesting storyline. You can love someone but be angry at them and hurt them, and it's even more heartbreaking, my main issue was that Jace was so mean and I felt really bad for Alec but that's not necessarily a bad thing, because drama generally makes for good storylines.I mean in the books, at least the first two, I didn't feel like Jace even acknowledged Alec and Izzy's presence, but that's probably because the books were so focused on Clace. At least that's my take on it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by running wild (View Post)
YES. THANK YOU! And about booktubers, seems like the "bigger" ones are just crapping on the entire show. Made it really easy to unsubscribe. They don't even bother to check their book facts.
Same I know who you're talking about, I unsubscribed as well, I was so angry at them, especially because of how unsensitive they are, and they were just making fun of the show for the sake of making fun and being rude to actors and just everyone. Funny thing is, they've gotten so many bad comments on the 4 episode review, that now they're doing damage control by being making positive reviews for the fifth episode !

Quote:
Originally Posted by follow your heart (View Post)
Hallelujah to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by fire for a heart (View Post)
totally agree thanks for sharing that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowhunter (View Post)
I agree what you said about Izzy.
I'm happy so many of you agree about this, I just get extra protective when it comes to Izzy and the show in general but especially when it comes to people ****shaming Izzy, it's like these people never opened the book. Even the author is crapping on Izzy and saying she never wore anything except long dresses and gear and that's a blatant lie I mean :

- “Isabelle’s clothes looked ridiculous. Clary had to roll the legs on the jeans up up severeal times before she stopped tripping on them, and the plunging neckline of the red tank top…” page 61 of City of Bones by Cassandra Clare.

- “Isabelle’s clothes didn’t allow for pockets; they were too tight. Clary was amazed they allowed for Isabelle.” 241 of City of Bones by Cassandra Clare.

- “I don’t understand how you humans can walk in shoes that are that tall.”
“It’s my motto.” said Isabelle, with a sultry smile. “Nothing less than seven inches.”
Meliorn gazed at her stonily.
“I’m talking about my heels,” she said. “It’s a pun….” (dick joke alert) by Cassandra Clare

- “Isabelle entered the room in a swirl of black hair and tiered silvery skirts. The ivory corset top she wore left her arms and shoulders, twined with inky runes, bare.” by Cassandra Clare

- “Under the coat she was wearing one of what Clary called her “typical Isabelle outfits”: a tight short velvet dress, fishnet stockings, and boots.” page 10 of City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare.

- “In that way she was the opposite of Isabelle, who wore dresses and heels at even the most inappropriate times. (Though since he’d once seen her dispatch a Vermis demon with the stiletto heel of a boot, he was less inclined to worry about it.) page 102 of City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare.

It's like she doesn't remember writing it, and who knows maybe she didn't (those who know what's happening and what happened previously with Cassie know why I just said that).

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaMack (View Post)
That scene made the episode for me! So heartbreaking, yet so powerful in a good way... It adds layers to the characters that could have run loose otherwise.
I agree, that scene was just amazing, and it adds so much to Izzy's character, I feel like Maryse coming into the show will change Izzy a little, maybe she'll feel so bad about her behavior and stuff that she'll start doing whatever her mom says because she'll want her mom to love her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire for a heart (View Post)
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowhunter (View Post)
Spoiler:
I don't understand that storyline at all, but I'm guessing they will explain that at the end of the season, it's probably a surprise for those who read the books, Idk
Old 02-13-2016, 06:01 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Quote:
Same I know who you're talking about, I unsubscribed as well, I was so angry at them, especially because of how unsensitive they are, and they were just making fun of the show for the sake of making fun and being rude to actors and just everyone. Funny thing is, they've gotten so many bad comments on the 4 episode review, that now they're doing damage control by being making positive reviews for the fifth episode !

That is hilarious. Not surprising at all, but hilarious. I still won't watch, after I watched I think their episode three review and heard what they said about episode four... I knew that clearly they just wouldn't even try.

Also, I hate the fact that these are the people that actually get to interview the cast, like what the hell. They don't even care.
Old 02-13-2016, 09:40 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
[/B]
Also, I hate the fact that these are the people that actually get to interview the cast, like what the hell. They don't even care.
OMG same they such hypocrites I just can't belive they actually got to see the cast and interview them and then now, they're crapping on the show. And if only it was constructive criticism, but like they were just mocking the actors and the show in general it made me so angry. Needless to say, I unsubscribed and I won't be watching them again
Old 02-13-2016, 09:42 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmemandy (View Post)
OMG same they such hypocrites I just can't belive they actually got to see the cast and interview them and then now, they're crapping on the show. And if only it was constructive criticism, but like they were just mocking the actors and the show in general it made me so angry. Needless to say, I unsubscribed and I won't be watching them again
Same. It also makes me sad because when people would look online for reviews, those would be among the top results and imagine being one of the actors "oh we know them, let's watch that." It's just all so unfair to everyone.
Old 02-13-2016, 10:19 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Same. It also makes me sad because when people would look online for reviews, those would be among the top results and imagine being one of the actors "oh we know them, let's watch that." It's just all so unfair to everyone.
Yeah that's like really sad, I think what's worse is that some people have never read the books and will probably enjoy it but if they see those reviews especially since these people are big on youtube and have so many followers, they won't give it a chance, even for those who have read the books, I feel like most of their "fans" will believe everything they say and so they won't really try to give it a chance or even take it seriously
Old 12-19-2016, 05:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

ready for the next episode

{}
Old 12-19-2016, 05:21 PM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for this..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 12-19-2016, 05:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

I am too I need to catch up on watching episode 4 and then I will hopefully watch this ep and the next one.