Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2016, 05:23 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Quote:
I found Maureen and Simon kind of awkward after she announced that she wanted him to date her.
Probably what they intended to happen. I'm quite interested to see where they're going with Maureen in the show, whether it's the same-ish journey as the books.
Old 02-03-2016, 05:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

I wonder too. If she does end up like the books, I feel like she would be obsessed with Simon. But at the same time, it would be interesting to see how she rules all those vampires.
Old 02-03-2016, 05:33 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

I think they might be going that way. Her being very straight forward and probably gets suspicious about what Simon is doing or something.
Old 02-03-2016, 05:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

Yeah and she probably ends up following him and then getting turned into a vampire herself.
Old 02-03-2016, 06:45 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Idiot but yeah.

Also it was Simon who bit Maureen first, right? And then someone else changed her or something. But seeing Simon has tasted her blood, it could really go that way.
Old 02-03-2016, 09:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

I actually found myself excited to watch an episode. That’s a good thing!

i cant handle Simon around Clary. His pining is super annoying. Either tell her how you freaking feel or get over it. He annoyed me in the books too, always so mopey. I was hoping the show would be different. His vampire storyline is interesting though… And Maureen came out of nowhere for me, did we see her before this episode or am I just forgetting?

Clary is growing on me a little bit but I still dont like Izzy at all.

I didnt think the Magnus was a great actor either, I was disappointed, but I still like him better than past Magnus’ I think. Hes cute. He and Alec have some chemistry.

Alec breaking the bond, you’re an idiot! wtf was that. STUPID! and Clary chane-ing before she killed the demon was actually HILARIOUS. I laughed out loud, so cheesey.
Old 02-03-2016, 10:30 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Quote:
Alec breaking the bond, you’re an idiot! wtf was that. STUPID!
Made complete sense though.

Quote:
And Maureen came out of nowhere for me, did we see her before this episode or am I just forgetting?
Yes, she's in Simon's band. She was in the pilot.

I don't understand how anyone could not like Harry as Magnus, he's doing such an amazing job with his movement and delivery of his lines, and actually casually saying book lines and somehow making it seem like they belong there. He is the Magnus Bane that always should've been. I'm so impressed by him.
Old 02-03-2016, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

same Mel. I really agree on everything Magnus. His whole attitude, his facial expression and outfits are so on point for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
Alec breaking the bond, you’re an idiot! wtf was that. STUPID!
It might seem stupid to you that he did, but I like to see the whole picture here. and not just because I feel like I can pretty much point my finger on why, but the episode painted a pretty clear picture on why he did it. And it is very important for the storyline, imo and for Alec as character.

The whole episode is my favourite so far and especially because of Malec and Izzy.

Izzy is perfection for me, her sassiness and especially in combination with the over the moon sassiness of Alec is my favorite thing. Her incredible and on-point closet. I need to see it all on her. Izzy noticing the Malec tension is so observant and thoughtful. it is so smart that she caught on so fast like basically i am not sure they did yet. I loved when she mentioned how she is going to go help Alec out with clothes. so not approving. I need her to get Simon back to interact because teasing him and yet making him feel not left out is considerate and empathetic. That shows a lot of her layers to everyone. She cares if she likes you or if you need to be cared for. very smart and protecting the ones you love/like. and holy moly her outfits were so on point this episode. can't even decide if sexy, classy, seductive worked the most for me. They kind of all did.

and yep Jace and Clary still not growing on me. But they never really did in the books.
Old 02-03-2016, 03:35 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Izzy ships it so hard.

I agree on Clace but again, same with the books So I don't mind much.

Also, about Alec. There are so many posts on tumblr already about why it was such a telling moment and the more i read them, the more my heart breaks for him. I just need him to be okay and realize that there are people like Izzy, Jace and even Magnus that will love him no matter what.

Quote:
I loved when she mentioned how she is going to go help Alec out with clothes. so not approving.
Can you believe that the farthest she got was denim?
Old 02-03-2016, 04:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by running wild (View Post)
Izzy ships it so hard.
like we do

Quote:
Also, about Alec. There are so many posts on tumblr already about why it was such a telling moment and the more i read them, the more my heart breaks for him. I just need him to be okay and realize that there are people like Izzy, Jace and even Magnus that will love him no matter what.
reading that makes me cringe

Quote:
Can you believe that the farthest she got was denim?
even izzy can't do as much magic. and i sure can not.

and did I mention whoever did Izzy's head piece needs to come out of the hiding, because it was so pretty and I need it.
Old 02-03-2016, 04:21 PM
Moderator Support Team

Alex and Jace have more chemistry than Jace and Clary have even tho I felt like it was too force between them like they have lack of chemistry, but maybe it just me..

Beside, I really like Magnus so far.. He was so great.. Plus he really like Alec, but I hope that soon or later Alec can accept himself including I love how Izzy told him that it's okay..

I'm glad that they didn't rush Simon's storyline so far..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 02-03-2016, 06:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

Quote:
Idiot but yeah.

Also it was Simon who bit Maureen first, right? And then someone else changed her or something. But seeing Simon has tasted her blood, it could really go that way.
Yeah. So maybe will bite her because he seems to be thirsting for blood. I can see Camille bringing Maureen in and getting Simon to bite her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by follow your heart (View Post)
and did I mention whoever did Izzy's head piece needs to come out of the hiding, because it was so pretty and I need it.
Yes I agree. It was just too pretty I really loved her dress too.
Old 02-03-2016, 08:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

yeah I am interested to see how that plays out

glad you all enjoyed the episode

I love you
it's ruining my life
{}
Old 02-03-2016, 09:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

i think for me it was magnus' voice. it was a bit too monotone for me in parts, but he definitely grew on me by the end of the episode. i do think he and alec have chemistry.

im not sure why are pushing the alec/jace thing though (as much as i like it) if they arent gonna go anywhere with it.

i like jace/clary mainy for jace, i think he carries it with how he looks at her.

and just so everyone is aware, i love alec. calling him an "idiot" was just out of him breaking the bond when they were yelling at him not to. its not like i hate him and i certainly was not bashing him. but i will call my favorite characters out when they do dumb things. please dont take things so personally guys.
Old 02-04-2016, 01:14 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

It's not that you called him an idiot. I don't care about that, it's that you don't understand his reasoning. Yes, it wasn't rational but that's the point. Have you ever had your secrets be revealed to those you love? Even if they think nothing of it or don't realize what's truly going on, it's terrifying. On tumblr a lot of people were saying how accurate his portrayal was as someone who thought he got outed or was just conflicted with himself, and I can only applaud them for that even though they most likely knew there would be a backlash for his actions.