Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2016, 05:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
So many moments I rolled my eyes, mostly at Kat's acting... but getting over that

I loved both episodes, especially the depth they went into. Valentine is portrayed perfectly, I expected nothing less from Alan. Alec is by far the best of all the characters. Izzy was gorgeous. Simon was brilliant. Jace... did my head in. Walking with his arms way out, like he's got so much muscle... he looked so stiff.

I liked Dot, she got more than the film and I like the fact they made her young. The same for Hodge, because lets all admit it, he's hot.
Hodge was an old man in the 2013 movie, right??

Dot was the old fortune teller in the movie, right?
Old 01-13-2016, 06:25 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Hearts (View Post)
I liked the pilot episode. The second episode was way better though. All the Simon/Izzy interactions were so great. Kat and Dom as Jace/Clary have good chemistry already which is good. I actually like Dot's character. She's a good addition. For me the boys did the best with their characters. Alec and Simon especially. Tbh I didn't like how Emeraude delivered some of her lines but I'm not going to criticize her a lot for it bc she doesn't have a lot of acting experience. I also had some issues with Kat's acting in some parts as well but I'm sure she'll get better in time. It's still very early in the season.
Yeah, I feel the same way about the episodes since the second episode was so much better..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 01-13-2016, 06:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Hearts (View Post)
I liked the pilot episode. The second episode was way better though. All the Simon/Izzy interactions were so great. Kat and Dom as Jace/Clary have good chemistry already which is good. I actually like Dot's character. She's a good addition. For me the boys did the best with their characters. Alec and Simon especially. Tbh I didn't like how Emeraude delivered some of her lines but I'm not going to criticize her a lot for it bc she doesn't have a lot of acting experience. I also had some issues with Kat's acting in some parts as well but I'm sure she'll get better in time. It's still very early in the season.
I'm glad you agree with me on Kat. So many parts were diabolical... I couldn't stop rolling my eyes. If sometimes catch myself mid eye roll and try and stop myself. I'd say about 20% of her screen time I spent horrified.

And Dave yes, that is correct
Old 01-13-2016, 06:36 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah I'm hoping they get better in each episode.
icon: rebel hearts
Old 01-13-2016, 06:39 PM
Moderator Support Team

Yeah since I'm sure that happen in every new show that sometimes it doesn't come out so great in first episode, but after that, it would be..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 01-13-2016, 07:07 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah that's usually how most new shows start out.
icon: rebel hearts
Old 01-13-2016, 07:14 PM
Master Fan

I'm dissapointed at how sexy they are portraying Isabelle ... They really overdid it ....

Not sure about clary or really anyone else ...... Alec/Matthew shine in this show
Old 01-13-2016, 10:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

i saw the premiere, thought it was a okay. i felt it moved too fast for a first episode, if you didnt read the books you'd be totally lost imo but i do think it was better than the movies. the vibe felt closer to the books.

i dont love the actress for clary. she comes off too bitchy/hot for my taste where as clary is supposed to be sweet and relatable. i also didnt love this simon. i preferred the one in the movies.

however i think this jace is a HUGE HUGE HUGE improvement. he's at least good looking and i like the edge he has. i also really liked alec. he is also gorgeous. magnus seems good too.

not sure about isabelle yet, i wasnt loving her.

i also felt the end of the episode was strange and seemed to just cut off but i will check out episode 2 next week and see how i feel about it.

Last edited by Alexa; 01-14-2016 at 11:31 AM
Old 01-14-2016, 02:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Watched both episodes tonight..

The pilot was a bit crammy.. but which pilot isn't nowadays?
Otherwise I liked both of them..
Naturally the second episode was better

Spoiler:

I just loooove Alan.. Can't wait until we get more of him..
Spoiler:

I looove Jace and Alec.. so much better than in the movie

Love that Jocelyn is a badass

Since I'm more or less coreading the book.. it 's very interesting to see the changes to clearly..
Spoiler:

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

✌ Holly ©

Last edited by kostilicious; 01-14-2016 at 03:27 AM
Old 01-14-2016, 04:26 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eviekins15 (View Post)
I'm dissapointed at how sexy they are portraying Isabelle ... They really overdid it ....

Not sure about clary or really anyone else ...... Alec/Matthew shine in this show
WHAT? I think book!Isabelle would be freaking proud.

Quote:
Tbh I don't like that much that the Institute seems croweded like some FBI headquarter but
Yeah, in some ways I agree especially for later, it's so important that they're the only ones there as it really shows they can only relay on each other while now it's just "oh they're just teenagers sticking together".
Old 01-14-2016, 04:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Evie and Alexa: I agree with Izzy. I weren't too sure at first, I mean she's pretty, but they made her overly ****ty and kind. Izzy is not supposed to be like that. She just wears clothes that are a little revealing and has an attitude. I'm hoping they portray her right eventually.
Old 01-14-2016, 05:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by running wild (View Post)
WHAT? I think book!Isabelle would be freaking proud.
I totally agree

Quote:
Yeah, in some ways I agree especially for later, it's so important that they're the only ones there as it really shows they can only relay on each other while now it's just "oh they're just teenagers sticking together".
Eactly.. a little weird, but yeah.. maybe it will be different sometime..

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

✌ Holly ©
Old 01-14-2016, 05:50 AM
Addicted Fan

I watched the first two episodes. After the first one, I had hopes that it would get better and I still maintain those hopes. The acting was not bad (except some of Clary's moments). I didn't really feel Jace in the first episode, but he's starting to feel very Jace-y now. Over all, I'm very pleased with the cast.

The writing though is something else. I really hope the writing improves. I know it's always difficult with beginnings, so I'm letting things pass, but I hope they get their ***** together in later episodes. Also, the effects were quite cringe-worthy. And I didn't like the Institute. I feel like making it so modern takes the mystery out of the Shadowhunters. I mean, in the books, they barely had phones that worked. It just doesn't feel right.

I'm really, really hoping this show gets better. I'm both excited and apprehensive about the following episodes.

I amar prestar aen… Han mathon ne nen…
Han mathon ne chae… A han noston ned gwilith.
Old 01-14-2016, 10:21 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
I'm watching it tonight I can't wait

EDIT: OMG I just googled reviews and pilot episode got slammed? I haven't read posts in here because of spoilers, but was it that bad? IGN said that there was no chemistry and poor acting and only die hard cassandra fans will be warped into liking it... This frightens me. I also see that episode 2 leaked? Was this because episode 1 didn't do well and they wanted to prove that episode 2 is much better?
I watched the first two eps and I have to agree with the critics when it comes to bad acting and no chemistry between the leads. However, I liked it a lot and will continue to watch it. The changes didn't bother me at all. The movie changes were much worse in my opinion.

The poor acting/chemistry doesn't bother me because I know it will get better in time. Lots of first season shows have poor acting, but as the cast gets more comfortable with each other and their characters it pretty much always gets better.

I do not agree that only Cassandra fans will enjoy the show. I think anyone interested in fantasy shows would enjoy it without having read the books.

I am really excited and can't wait to see more of the series. I think once they get a few more episodes under their belt it's going to amazing and that critic will have to eat their words.

Simon was great! He was so funny with his comments to Clary! I also loved Izzy! She was very spot on character wise. I really liked Dot as well. And Luke being a police officer was a cool change as well. What I can't figure out is if his boss - can't remember her name but it's the blond haired cop - knows about the demons as well or just his partner.

I don't want to comment too much because I watched both episodes back to back and I can't really remember if some of my fav scenes were in ep 1 or 2 Binge watching does that to me every time!

Last edited by One Thing Remains; 01-14-2016 at 12:11 PM
Old 01-14-2016, 11:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I looove Jace and Alec.. so much better than in the movie
agree.

right now they are the main reason i am gonna stick it out.