Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2020, 03:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Possible Board Closure Discussion: Please Read and Respond!

Jules have been discussing this, and we think that it may be time to close this board. Our post counts have been declining over the past few months and we have very few regular posters. As you know, Fan Forum requires that we average at least 12 posts per day, with lower numbers than that leading to warnings and then possible closure of the board. We would prefer to go out under our own terms rather than be forced to close due to low post counts.

Please let us know what you think. We'd be glad to hear any suggestions or advice to renew interest here. Remember that to keep the board going, we need the commitment of a few regular, dedicated posters. As much as we love this board, please don't just post to "save" the board and then disappear again, because we'll be in the same position that we're in now if you do.

This has been a tough decision. I have been part of this board since it opened and made many friends and lots of memories. There is so much love for this board. Appreciate all the support and members who have been part of this journey.

Thanks.
Old 11-23-2020, 06:32 AM
Moderator Support Team

oh Jules i have to admit you have done so well by this board with it being the mortal instruments to having it be the Shadowhunters tv show you have stuck by it and done so well This board has been here this long thanks to your hard work

i hope to say i wish this board can stay open but i fear their isnt a lot to discuss since the show ended
Old 11-23-2020, 06:36 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

I know it's hard to keep this board active especially since not everyone is interested in discussing the books. I'd be had to see the board go as it's what truly got me into The Shadowhunter Chronicles to begin with, but I'd understand the decision completely.
Old 11-23-2020, 11:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh man this is really tough This board is such a special place. I have a lot of fond memories of it both as a mod and as a poster. I know you've been with it for quite some time and done an amazing job to keep it going for so long. I would gladly post regularly in a handful of threads again, but ultimately I don't know if that would do much to fix the problem. I'll respect whatever decision is made
Old 11-23-2020, 11:55 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

I'm sorry to see this thread up, Jules. It's always a hard decision when shows end. I've been in that hot seat. No one knows the board better than you.
Old 11-23-2020, 11:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Sorry to be seeing this Jules but truthfully its probably time with the show no longer around and books every couple of years the board would need a big boast to consider staying open and that's unlikely to come but all the lucky to you if anyone comes around to try to give the board the boast it needs
Old 11-23-2020, 12:03 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Quote:
but truthfully its probably time with the show no longer around and books every couple of years
Books are honestly coming out yearly. In 2020 there were two released. In 2021 one is being released, possibily two so it's more a case of there not being many people who read them anymore (or what to discuss them) on , not the lack of books, sadly.
Old 11-23-2020, 01:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Guess it all depends on if people come around for the books Guess its really a see who comes around now
Old 11-23-2020, 05:30 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by polaris (View Post)
Books are honestly coming out yearly. In 2020 there were two released. In 2021 one is being released, possibily two so it's more a case of there not being many people who read them anymore (or what to discuss them) on , not the lack of books, sadly.
Wow the books are still going?? I've stopped reading them awhile ago but I did enjoy them when I read them
Old 11-23-2020, 08:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Sorry to hear this I actually never read the books just saw mortal instruments and ShadowHunters hopefully people come back

icon
"I love you, it’s ruining my life."
Old 11-23-2020, 10:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet but Psycho (View Post)
Sorry to hear this I actually never read the books just saw mortal instruments and ShadowHunters hopefully people come back
I started reading Cass 10 years ago saw the movie, saw half the show believe it was

Am 3 books behind I think it is I got 2 of the TDA books done where also read 1st of the Magnus/Alec one she started Haven't read the sequel to TID
Old 11-23-2020, 10:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

thanks guys , appreciate all the support and feedback

yeah Petra there is spinoff series and short stories
Old 11-24-2020, 08:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Good luck with deciding Jules its always a difficult choice to make when trying to determine a board's fate I've been there many of times
Old 11-24-2020, 08:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Jules...we hope that you will keep on posting around Fan Forum
Old 11-24-2020, 10:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'll remain hopeful that this board still has some life left in it And if not then it was quite the journey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
Wow the books are still going?? I've stopped reading them awhile ago but I did enjoy them when I read them
Oh yes it is very much alive It's both crazy and really impressive.