Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2016, 06:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Clary Jace
City Of Lost Souls Quote Survivor
Rules
  • You may only vote once in each round.
  • Once the Quote gets 5 votes or more it is out.
Round 17

1;

“I stabbed you. With a massive sword. You caught on fire."
His lips twitched, almost imperceptibly. "Okay, so maybe our problems aren't like other couples.”

2;
“I never cared,” he said. “I wanted you anyway. I always wanted you.”

3;
“He grinned. It was a wicked grin, the kind that made the blood in Clary's veins run a little faster. "You want to go on a date?"
Caught off guard, she stammered. "A wh-what?"
"A date," Jace repeated. "Often 'a boring thing you have to memorize in history class,' but in this case, 'an offering of an evening of blisteringly white-hot romance with yours truly."
"Really?" Clary was not sure what to make of this. "Blisteringly white-hot?"
"It's me," said Jace. "Watching me play Scrabble is enough to make most women swoon. Imagine if I actually put in some effort.”

4;
“Do you remember,” he said, “when we first met and I told you I was ninety percent sure putting a rune on you wouldn’t kill you—and you slapped me in the face and told me it was for the other ten percent?” Clary nodded.
“I always figured a demon would kill me,” he said. “A rogue Downworlder. A battle. But I realized then that I just might die if I didn’t get to kiss you, and soon.” Clary licked her dry lips. “Well, you did,” she said. “Kiss me, I mean.”
He reached up and took a curl of her hair between his fingers. He was close enough that she could feel the warmth of his body, smell his soap and skin and hair.
“Not enough,” he said, letting her hair slip through his fingers. “If I kiss you all day every day for the rest of my life, it won’t be enough.”

5;
“Take off your shirt."
Jace raised his eyebrows.
"I'm not going to attack you," she said impatiently. "I can take the sight of your naked chest without swooning."
"Are you sure?" he asked, obediently sliding the shirt off his shoulders. "Because viewing my naked chest has caused many women to seriously injure themselves stampeding to get to me.”

6;
“Jace set what he was holding down on the windowsill and reached out to her. She came to lean against him, and his hand slid up under her t-shirt and rested caressingly, possessively, on the small of her back. He bent to kiss her, gently at first, but the gentleness went quickly and soon she was pressed up against the glass of the window, his hands at the hem of her shirt — his shirt —
“Jace.” She moved a little bit away. “I’m pretty sure people down there in the street can see us.”
“We could …” He gestured toward the bed. “Move…over there.”
She grinned. “You said that like it took you a while to come up with the idea.”
When he spoke, his voice was muffled against her neck. “What can I say, you make my thought processes slow down. Now I know what it’s like to be a normal person.”
“How … is it?” The things he was doing with his hands under the t-shirt were distracting.
“Terrible. I’m already way behind on my quota of witty comments for the day.”

7;
“It's my special magical power. I can read your mind when you're thinking dirty thoughts."
"So, ninety-five percent of the time."
She craned her head back to look up at him. "Ninety-five percent? What's the other five percent?"
"Oh, you know, the usual--demons I might kill, runes I need to learn, people who've annoyed me recently, people who've annoyed me not so recently, ducks."
"Ducks?”

8;
“His eyes softened. "But it doesn't change what we are to each other. It's like there's always been a piece of my soul missing, and it's inside you, Clary. I know I told you once that whether God exists or not, we're on our own. But when I'm with you, I'm not.”

9;
“I am with you. I'm not going anywhere."

"Is there anything special you want to see? Paris? Budapest? The Leaning Tower of Pisa?"

Only if it falls on Sebastian's head, she thought. "Can we travel to Idris? I mean, I guess, can the apartment travel there?"

"It can't get past the wards." His hand traced a path down her cheek. "You know,I really missed you."

"You mean you haven't been going on romantic dates with Sebastian while you've been away from me?"

"I tried", Jace said, "but no matter how liquored up you get him , he just won't put out.”

10;
“She pulled away. "That doesn't make any sense."
"Neither does this," he said, "but I don't care. I'm sick of trying to pretend I can live without you. Don't you understand that? Can't you see it's killing me?”

11;
“All I know is that I love you. And for the first time, that's good enough.” ”

12;
“Not enough," he said, letting her hair slip through his fingers. "If I kiss you all day, everyday, for the rest of my life, it won't be enough.”

13;
“Anyway that other thing we almost did in Paris-that's probably off the table for a while.Unless you want that whole baby-I'm-on-fire-when-we kiss thing to become freakishly literal”

14;
“No kissing?"
"Well, kissing, probably. But as for the rest of it..."
She brushed her cheek lightly against his. "It's okay with me if it's okay with you."
"Of course it's not okay with me. I'm a teenage boy. As far as I'm concerned, this is the worst thing that's happened since I found out why Magnus was banned from Peru.”

15;
“Good. Because I don't need protecting."

"I knew you'd say that.But the thing is, sometimes you do. And sometimes I do. We're meant to protect each other, but not from everything. Not from the truth. That's what it means to love someone but let them be themselves.”

16;
“She opened her mouth to answer, but he was already kissing her. She had kissed him so many times—soft gentle kisses, hard and desperate ones, brief brushes of the lips that said good-bye, and kisses that seemed to go on for hours—and this was no different. The way the memory of someone who had once lived in a house might linger even after they were gone, like a sort of psychic
imprint,
her
body remembered
Jace.
Remembered the way he tasted, the slant of his mouth over hers, his scars under her fingers, the shape of his body under her hands.”

17;
“My heart is your heart," he said. "My hands are your hands.”

18;
“There are ways in which we’re so alike. We’re reckless. We don’t think before we act. We’ll do anything for people we love. And I never thought how scary that was for the people who loved me until I saw”

19;
“In some ways, we've been through something no one else can ever understand but the two of us... And it made me realize. We are always and absolutely better together.”

20;
“It was dark in the alcove, so dark that Jace was only an outline of shadows and gold. His body pinned Clary's to the wall. His hands slid down along her body and reached the end of her dress, drawing it up along her legs. "What are you doing?" She whispered. "Jace?" He looked at her. The peculiar light in the club turned his eyes an array of fractured colors. His smile was wicked. "You can tell me to stop whenever you want," he said. "But you won't.”

I love you
it's ruining my life
{}
Old 07-11-2016, 09:32 PM
Elite Fan

Old 07-11-2016, 11:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 07-12-2016, 03:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

#17 - Voldara, Millie Mae, Shadowhunter
Old 07-12-2016, 03:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

#16 Paula
Old 07-12-2016, 03:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

#16 - Brienna
Old 07-13-2016, 05:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

#17 - Voldara, Millie Mae, Shadowhunter,fire for a heart
#16 - Brienna

any title ideas?

I love you
it's ruining my life
{}
Old 07-13-2016, 11:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 07-13-2016, 12:35 PM
Elite Fan

Set me as a seal upon thine heart, as a seal upon thine arm: for love is strong as death.

How swiftly you dismiss our love..

I like the second.

Old 07-13-2016, 08:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't mind or we can use a tv quote

I love you
it's ruining my life
{}
Old 07-14-2016, 02:27 AM
Elite Fan

Anything works for me, Clace is Clace, no matter the media.

Old 07-14-2016, 04:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

I don't mind either quote.
Old 07-14-2016, 07:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voldara (View Post)
Set me as a seal upon thine heart, as a seal upon thine arm: for love is strong as death.

How swiftly you dismiss our love..

I like the second.
me too..the second one
Old 07-14-2016, 10:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Next person to see this makes the new thread!

The second I prefer too.
Old 07-14-2016, 01:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

New Thread