Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-24-2016, 04:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

During the Talking Dead, both guys along with the whole cast came out . The in momerion look at each guy was tough to watch .

I see a lot of social media outrage over the graphic brutality we saw ..
Old 10-24-2016, 04:47 AM
Master Fan

Yet I don't get it.

We have seen gore on this show for six years. A near rape scene, a guy get his head chopped off and people getting ripped apart. But this is where people are drawing the line?

I think its more outrage of who died last night.
Old 10-24-2016, 05:21 AM
Master Fan

I had to visit this forum this morning because of how upset I am right now.

The show needed something big to happen this premiere because the last 2 seasons were starting to become predictable.

And last seasons ending really upset me because it was such a slow season and then they left you hanging at the end.

I knew they had to kill one of the main characters, and I kept trying to prepare myself, but it still hurts. I can't get the image out of my head. But if a main character did have to go, that was a way to go. It really showed that this new villain had no favorites. And he shouldn't! It just really sucks.

I'm Aubrey
Old 10-24-2016, 06:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Im loved the entire episode but Glenn, man. Thats the onething that I didnt like. if it had been daryl id be fine. But I'll really miss Glenn. He had so much story left to be told
Old 10-24-2016, 08:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandcandy (View Post)
Im loved the entire episode but Glenn, man. Thats the onething that I didnt like. if it had been daryl id be fine. But I'll really miss Glenn. He had so much story left to be told

During Talking Dead , the tribute to Glenn was very sad and worse cause Stephen was there with a large live crowd .
EM it was a given since Glenn dies in the comics as did Abraham . Now Maggie is even stronger , once she is better . A new leader to the group for the rest of the season .
Old 10-24-2016, 09:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Man well one thing you can't reproach them is that they truly went the whole way. Because people/Critics/everyone said they will never go that far and such.. .oh man they did.

Gosh I feel terrible

and man did Negan break Rick, both physically and mentally. Mostly mentally. Torturing all the characters but him mostly with Carl, the walkers and such. Ugh my god

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
boston | los angeles | ♡ Candice |icon by summer falls

Last edited by holding my heart; 10-24-2016 at 09:09 AM
Old 10-24-2016, 11:46 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan (View Post)
Tough Episode to watch ,Losing not one but two of our main cast . Not going to be the first one here to say who died .

As far as the rest of the episode , Negan broke Rick mentally and physically. Even after seeing two of his friends get brutally murdered in front of him , he was defiant. Took Negan giving Ric the Choice of cutting off Carl's arm or watching everybody else get murdered ..
That scene was even more intense then the brutal head smashing . In the comic Ric loses his hand to Negan . So many teases with the hatchet , it seemed inevitable he was gonna lose his hand . Nope ...
Maggie as sick as she is and watching two brutal murderes , get up and say she will make her way to the hilltop alone . Very emotional moment for her and the rest of the gang

Where are they taking darrell ? Will he feel responsible for the second death , after the first head bashing, he jumped at Negan . Who then killed you know who . All because Darrell jumped on him
It was The Governor that chopped off Rick's hand in the comics he also raped Michonne more than once and tortured her in Woodbury so glad the show erased all that.
I figured despite the teasing Rick wasn't losing his hand, Kirkman already said he regrets doing that in the comic even if he is not a writer he is still an E.P and wrote the comics so he still has a word on the show, it'd be more of an hindrance to do plus to CGI his hand missing the rest of the series, Hershel's leg and Carl's eye are easy to do because most of the time they were/are covered up, same with Merle's hand, totally looked like comic Rick's, that could be another reason why they didn't, they already had Merle sans hand with the knife et all.
As intense as it was I also figured Negan was playing Rick only to humiliate him and show him who's the boss, Carl already lost an eye they weren't chopping his arm too, but he was a champ and held it together during the whole thing -head bashings included- and didn't cry or beg to Negan, or shown him fear and he was willing to get his arm chopped by his dad. This is probably going the same route as the comics too if you know what I mean.
We also don't have to worry about Michonne being raped like in the comics either if it didn't happen with The Governor.. Negan (at least in the comics) has his only rule of do all kinds of atrocities but never rape women, he punished one of his own men pretty badly (I think he wanted to rape Andrea? Or someone else) probably someone he loved before the ZA was raped so that's why, his backstory was never said in the comics up to where I read, maybe he was bad before ZA too but no one becomes a sadist sociopath like him for no reason, he's worse than The Governor actually, even if he doesn't rape. But technically is still a rapist, he has his "wives" that he treats badly sometimes and they stay with him out of fear probably except he doesn't actually force himself on them, he just won't let them leave him. The women we saw with Dwight last season were probably 'Negan's women'.

Agreed, it should have been Daryl, all he had to do was stay quiet because he didn't Glenn paid the high price, that was totally horrible. Maggie lost everything and her baby will be fatherless, nice Daryl... This one will be in his conscience forever. Maybe he picked Glenn precisely for that.

I was genuinely shocked when Negan started bashing Glenn though (mostly because they hadn't kill a main or original since Lori/Andrea/Hershel, just characters they made bigger to kill and paint them as 'big deaths'), so for once they did again and it was so sudden and equally brutal as it was in the comics with him speaking to Maggie too, and his eye and hand still moving afterwards
Felt bad for Abraham too but I always knew it was gonna be him, in the finale when Negan said 'taking it like a champ' I knew it was Abraham, who else would.. Never cared about his character but still unpleasant to see, but glad he really went out like a champ, great last line

There's one thing in this world that makes me feel more alive. And that's you. 🌹 We're together. This is what living feels like.
Old 10-24-2016, 12:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

And now another reason I'll never like Daryl. This was on him.
Old 10-24-2016, 12:40 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandcandy (View Post)
And now another reason I'll never like Daryl. This was on him.
He's one of the reasons I stopped watching (I hadn't watched in a while and not planning to continue, I just watched to see who Negan killed) when Daryl is gone I may start watching again and by now he is probably safer than Rick and Carl combined...

Anyway I just remembered this tease from season 5 (or 6? Well it's been a while..)

A bit on the nose... at least guys at Terminus made it less brutal, just one fatal blow/slit throat and that was it , well alive when they were dead...

Negan is.. I don't know what's the word for him.

There's one thing in this world that makes me feel more alive. And that's you. 🌹 We're together. This is what living feels like.

Last edited by val ღ; 10-24-2016 at 12:45 PM
Old 10-24-2016, 03:55 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

I'm still emotionally traumatized from last night's episode.

I've been watching reactions to the episode and death on YouTube and I think watching those made me more anxious than I was actually watching the episode

I saw speculation and spoilers that two people would be dying and that those people would be Glenn and Abraham. So I wasn't totally surprised to see them get killed, although Glenn's death still took me by surprise a bit.

With Abraham, I had a feeling he might have been the one Negan chose. As someone else said, at the end of the finale, Negan said "Taking it like a champ!" so many people assumed Abe because he was probably the one who could physically pop back up and, as we saw last night, talk back. It was still sad though. After we see Negan choose Abraham, Abraham gave a peace sign to Sasha, which was something they did in the season 6 premiere. So sad! Meh why, writers, whyyyy?!?! I got sad to when we saw Abe's face close up after Negan chose him. It's sort of hard to explain but in a way it looked like he knew he was dead and in a way was ready for it? Like obviously it would be super depressing to know you would be dead in a brutal way within a few seconds, but it almost seemed like he was ready and accepted that he was the choice. And as sad as seeing Abe die was, I'm glad his last words were "suck my nuts". It was a good way for Abe to go out: being his usual, snarky self. He went out like the Abe he always was and wasn't weak.

As for Glenn, many people had a feeling Glenn would die as well since he died in the comics and Steven hadn't been on set after filming the premiere. When Daryl jumped out and punched Negan I thought it might actually be him. But once Negan said he didn't want Daryl dead I had a feeling someone else was getting Lucille'd, most likely Glenn. But man, even though I had a feeling Glenn wasn't safe, Negan just turning around and bashing his head in still got an emotion out of me. I literally said "Oh my god!" out loud. Unlike Abe, poor Glenn had no warning. Abe knew what was coming and had a few seconds to accept his fate. Glenn didn't. Negan just whipped around and bashed Glenn over the head so hard his eyeball popped out So freaking sad! And of course Glenn trying to speak was sad to watch and telling Maggie "I'll find you" was so heartbreaking. And then Negan prepared to smash Glenn's head in more and kill him. Everyone in the group was devastated. Not only did they just witness Abe, the big, strong, snarky one go down, but now they just witnessed Glenn, the husband, the soon to be father, the heart and in a way moral compass of the group and one that many people had been with for most of this journey get killed as well. Everyone was broken down at this point.

As for Daryl, my sister and I were like "bye Daryl" and like "oh man he messed up" when he jumped out at Negan. Poor Daryl is probably going to feel guilty over this forever. The look on Daryl's face was so heartbreaking. You could see guilt and sadness all over it. You have to wonder if Glenn would have still been killed if Daryl hadn't jumped out. But then if Daryl hadn't attacked Negan, would Negan still have freaked out if Rosita wouldn't look at the bat? It's one of those things we might not know. Negan is a terrible person. He could have very well found a reason to kill someone else, and it probably would have always been Glenn. As Negan said later in the episode, he liked Daryl and his "guts"/bravery that he had. Before he killed Glenn he talked about how the first lash out was a freebie. Since Daryl lashed out, he said he couldn't let that behavior slide so I wonder if he chose Glenn because he had lashed out first. It's also possible Negan could have known killing Glenn would have a strong reaction. Clearly Glenn got really upset when Negan was near Maggie in the finale.

But back to Daryl, while many blame him, and in a way his behavior escalated things, it's technically not Daryl who killed Glenn. Negan killed Glenn. I feel like this is a thing that happens a lot in shows and movies but also probably in real life. Someone indirectly causes something that leads to something bigger. In this case, Daryl reacted, and instead of Daryl getting punished, Glenn got punished instead (and technically everyone punished by suffering through losing a friend). I have a feeling Daryl reacted because Negan was taunting Rosita. They just saw Abe get beat to death, so emotions were running high. I'm sure Daryl probably figured he'd take a chance and try to fight back, but he was over powered. I also think he might have thought that any consequences from his actions would have been directed at him and not taken out on someone else. It was probably a case of not thinking before acting and letting his emotions get the best of him and trying to protect the rest of his group and maybe in a way sacrificing himself. But that didn't end up being the case. I have no doubt Daryl will feel guilty over this for a very long time. I don't blame him. I would feel guilty too. I wonder if Maggie will blame him. She seemed upset when Negan's group took him away with them. I could see the group telling Daryl it wasn't fault and that they know he never thought him doing that would get Glenn killed.

I liked the episode. I liked the little flashbacks of the team with Negan holding the bat in front of their face and then the flashbacks to happier moments. I have to admit I laughed a little when Negan ran over the walkers and the blood splattered on the windshield and Negan said "Remind you of someone you know?"

The family dinner scene at the end was also sad but well done. That's what they should be doing, but instead they have to keep fighting and are now two members short. Technically, five members short since two (Glenn and Abe) are dead, 1 (Daryl) was kidnapped and 2 others (Carol and Morgan) are with another group right now. But seeing Glenn with his son was so sad. He was supposed to be a father and he would have been a good one I wonder if that baby will survive. I know many people think Maggie will lose the baby. We barely see Judith and I think at times some situations are harder to portray because of a baby. But at the same time, the babies symbolize hope and I think especially Maggie and Glenn's baby would be a symbol of hope. Glenn died and Maggie has lost her entire family, her baby would be a reminder of what she had with Glenn and will give her a reason to fight and live.

Rick telling Maggie they wanted to help carry Glenn's body was so sad. The line "He was our family too" got to me. Glenn helped Rick out when he radioed him when Rick was trapped in the first episode and the two of them used the guts trick to escape. It's just so sad to think of how much Glenn has been through and how many people he has helped only to have this be his end. He was a good guy and deserved better. But of course, it also shows that life isn't fair, especially in the world they live in. It seems like no matter what kind of world they are living in, they're is always going to be evil. Now, it's not so much just surviving from the walkers, it's surviving from the other people as well.

A little thing I noticed: three people carried Abe's body at the end but four carried Glenn's body. I would think they would need more to carry Abe, especially since he was a big guy and two of the three people carrying him were female. Just a little thing though.

I also noticed someone taking a picture of I think Glenn's dead body before they left. I noticed that in the background and was like "huh?" but then remembered that they collect pictures of Negan's victims.

I loved Carl in this episode. He was upset to see Glenn killed but he also showed bravery. He was a little snarky with Negan and had no problem telling his dad to chop off his arm if it meant saving everyone else. I'd like to think I would be okay with sacrificing a limb if it meant everyone survived, but I definitely would not have been as calm about it as Carl. I would have been peeing my pants! Also, when Negan was tying the belt around Carl's arm and asked Carl if it hurt, Carl said no and Negan said it should hurt. I couldn't help but think "dude, he recently got shot in the face/eye and lost that eye, I'm pretty sure you tying a belt around his arm is nothing." Also I was all "OH NO HE DIDN'T" when he knocked Carl's hat off. NOT COOL, NEGAN!

I also think it's time Andrew Lincoln gets some love and recognition that he deserves! He should be receiving more Emmy/Golden Globe nominations. I liked his portrayal tonight because we saw him still trying to think of how to defeat Negan, but we also saw him vulnerable and broken. That scene with Rick being told he had to cut off his son's arm? Very well done! It was really emotional!

It was also sad seeing Eugene get so upset over Glenn and Abe dying. He and Abe had formed a strong relationship, so I'm sure this will be really hard for him as well as everyone.

One thing I wish they could have done to make the deaths a bit better and more suspenseful is if they had shown one of the deaths in the finale. They could have showed us Abe's death in the finale, and then I think people would have been thrown off/not expecting Glenn's death. It could have added more to the episode. But I still thought it was a good episode. I loved all the background music. It definitely added to the scenes.

So glad the show is back on. Can't wait to see how this season plays out. I hope Negan goes down! I also wonder how Carol and Morgan will fit in at The Kingdom and if they'll head back to Alexandria at all or just officially settle in at The Kingdom. If they don't go back, the others might assume they're dead and then they won't know about what Glenn and Abe being dead and Daryl kidnapped.

Sorry this was so long! This episode caused a lot of emotions!
Old 10-24-2016, 04:05 PM
Moderator Support Team

I knew that it could be Glenn or Abraham, but I didn't know that it was both at the same time.. Plus it was about time since I felt that Glenn been borrowing time to living.. Beside, his death seriously got me sick to stomach bec that was so cruel.. Ugh..

Beside, there is no way it was on Daryl bec I tho that he would be next one, but nope since Negan know how he being, so there is no way he would give it to him, but made Daryl beg him or something like that..

I seriously tho that he will going to chop Carl's arm.. I was like omg, omg, omg, but at least I was impress on how he stand up to him and willing to let him do that.. Damn, he def have more ball.. Wow..

At the dinner scene, the daydream.. Ugh, that made me feel sadder.. Ugh..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 10-24-2016, 04:33 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Oh yeah, another thing. I had a feeling Glenn would die, but it made me upset. I liked Glenn and he's been around from the beginning so it was sad to see him go. But at the same time I kind of liked that the show went there and wasn't afraid to take that risk. I'm just a bit upset that they gave us that cop out last season only to have him die a few episodes later. Glenn has escaped death several times now, so I suppose it was only a matter of time. But they just recently did that fake death and they were sort of pulling random things out of nowhere, like the dumpster just so happened to big enough for Glenn to crawl under without being grabbed and managed to get under there before a walker grabbed him because they were so busy with Nicholas.

I saw some posts talking about how Glenn found a dumpster in the woods and is still alive
Old 10-24-2016, 06:04 PM
Elite Fan

I still can't believe they did eye popping/head destroyed shot it's so disturbing on tv, worse than it was on black and white drawings
Gross graphic drawing of comic Glenn's death alert
Spoiler:

Also Rick's line also Negan's reply is exactly the same

They did it all the same as #100, except Negan only killed Glenn, Abraham had already died (arrow to the back of the head from Dwight) tv Negan already seems worse. The difference is that comic Glenn couldn't actually speak, he tried but only mumbled Maggie's name, at least tv Glenn could say I will find you.

Old 10-24-2016, 08:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitscherSunk (View Post)
Kirkman, Gimple and Nicotero have ruined this show. It's not the show I signed up for seven seasons ago. It used to generate drama and genuine emotion through the characters' humanity. Now it relies on cheap shocks and MUCH too much gore! I felt sick to the stomach by the end, but not because of who died. It was all so unpleasant. I didn't even tear up once.

I know people always say they're going to stop watching when a favorite character dies. But I'm seriously debating it. It's turned into torture porn. Is there anyone else who reacted similarly?
When I watched the S6 season finale, I actually had to leave the room for the last 10 minutes. I knew someone was going to die, and I was too stressed out to watch it. Then of course, we didn't see who it was.

For the S7 premiere, I "watched" (actually mostly listened, especially during the gorey parts) about the first 40 minutes - saw who died, and saw the way Negan was threatening Rick and the ax - and I just shut it off. I just found it all too unpleasant and painful to watch. I still haven't watched the rest of the ep, and I think I may just record the eps from now on and maybe watch them later (or never). I just don't think I can watch eps in real time anymore, given the focus on Negan this season. Maybe I'll be able to watch it if I'm thoroughly spoiled, as it's marginally less stressful when you know what to expect.

I'm not even the biggest Glenn or Abraham fan, losing them doesn't feel any different to me than any of the other regulars and semi-regulars who've died over the seasons. There's just nothing I really enjoy about this show, certainly not enough to put myself through more episodes like this one.
Old 10-24-2016, 09:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
But back to Daryl, while many blame him, and in a way his behavior escalated things, it's technically not Daryl who killed Glenn. Negan killed Glenn.
Exactly what I keep saying. Negan killed Glenn. He swung Lucille, he ended his life. Negan is the only one to be blamed.

That episode had me a emotional wreck. From the deaths, taking rick to play retrieve my hatchet, breaking Rick completely down by almost having him chop off Carls arm, to the group finally being alone and just grieving all together. All the action parts just had me in shock, but the moment when things finally settled with them all just alone together is when it stung the most. The shock wore off and the emotion really did settle in.

Couples
GO BLUES Julie