Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2016, 09:54 AM
Elite Fan

I do agree the carrying her things is something that a lot of my otps past and present have done. It would have been so much better if she survived and he was carrying her out like that. It's a trope for sure. I remember Ryan carrying Marissa in his arms once she died and I completely lost it. So it is def a thing they do. but yeah it was sad because she wasn't alive even though at that time I thought they were doing a big fake out.

They invested time, filming and money into the arc which made no sense if they were going to kill her. Honestly all they had to do was kill her character in Alone. They filmed so many scenes that never played out and for the life of me I just don't understand why and I think that's why lots are still TD, the white house with blood on it, Beth in a car driving away from Grady, Beth is a car chase, no burial, What happened to Dr. Edwards, where were those 300? heard of walkers in the MSF that that Greg said were all there and why were Team Family running away from Grady in the preview but we never saw it?. So many damn questions. Why has ever killed off character had a panel but Beth? Why in 5B was Maggie scared to open a trunk? Why did the greg say he manipulated the beth fans on purpose, why does AMC/TWD still bait fans on twitter? Why did it take so long for Beth's action figure to come out and why did they out it after she died when Emily said she got scanned in S4? Why is Beth's gun on her action figure when she only used it once and it's currently be used by Glenn? Why does Daryl keep seeing Blonde girls die in front of him. I mean it's insane why all this crap is happening. I forgot why Maggie isn't wearing Beth's bracelet when Lauren said she was, Why a girl that looked like Emily was seen on set in S5 finale and the only other blonde on the show said it wasn't her and why is Daryl grieving more for Beth? last one why did they say music died the day Beth died but the music box Daryl fixed started playing music?...

I did love Daryl begging Rick not to play Music another throw back to Beth.

I do think Daryl is going down a dark road and I wonder if he ends up getting Maggie's trying to commit suicide arc. Someone said in the previews Glenn is saying "He's going to get himself killed"

All these questions still haunt me because we never got any answers. We probably are never going to find out but I can see people's POV on TD, it sucks we've seen them give everyone a burial but the girl who told Daryl "Don't you think it's beautiful." when she refereed to someone burying the walkers because they were once people too.
Old 03-23-2016, 11:36 AM
Elite Fan

I get why people could like that moment but I find it to be manipulative and fridging personified.

Just to touch on some of the some thing you talk about Effy, I really think that the 800 walkers or whatever thing was a straight up lie. The only person to ever mention it was Nicotero once and never again, you would think with that many random extras on set a little something would leak, especially that set where there are so many leaks. The action figure thing was just a coincidence, heck T-Dog's just got his. The other stuff is just the show thinking they are clever because "look at all these amazing parallels and throwbacks!" in my wholehearted opinion.

Wasn't the Rick music thing a joke?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fractured moonlight (View Post)
Kay - I will take that as you agreeing with me.
Heather, you know I always agree with you.

Last edited by kayrey; 03-23-2016 at 11:48 AM
Old 03-23-2016, 01:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Dianna Agron

Davis-Scott - I definitely understand what you're saying and like Kay can understand why some people feel that way about it. But for me it was just too exploitative and manipulative.

I do like that they do still seem to show Daryl mourning and remembering her but the fact they won't just come out and say her name bothers me. And again adds fuel to the whole it was done for Daryl to be in pain.

Effy - I so agree with all of that and while I'm not TD I do understand why there are people on TD. And everything you listed explains it perfectly. I just feel it's the writers baiting and being *******s and not giving a **** about the unanswered questions concerning Beth because they don't give a **** about Beth or her fans.

Kay - Yes you really do.
Old 03-23-2016, 03:17 PM
Elite Fan

The name thing is huge for me. You really want people to know she's being thought of, say her damn name. It's the simplest way too.

Of course Heather.
Old 03-23-2016, 03:17 PM
Elite Fan

jfc. double post.
Old 03-23-2016, 03:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Dianna Agron

Exactly. Just say her name.
Old 03-23-2016, 04:40 PM
Elite Fan

It's so easy to do. The fact they don't is what makes me believe it's all for baiting.
Old 03-23-2016, 04:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Dianna Agron

Same here. Because otherwise why not say her name. And I'm not saying she has to be brought up in every convo. And I understand Daryl won't be super open but come on!
Old 03-23-2016, 04:44 PM
Elite Fan

There really is no reason why she should not be brought up or named.
Old 03-23-2016, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Dianna Agron

Exactly. Ugh I'm tired of it.
Old 03-23-2016, 05:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayrey (View Post)
I get why people could like that moment but I find it to be manipulative and fridging personified.

Just to touch on some of the some thing you talk about Effy, I really think that the 800 walkers or whatever thing was a straight up lie. The only person to ever mention it was Nicotero once and never again, you would think with that many random extras on set a little something would leak, especially that set where there are so many leaks. The action figure thing was just a coincidence, heck T-Dog's just got his. The other stuff is just the show thinking they are clever because "look at all these amazing parallels and throwbacks!" in my wholehearted opinion.

Wasn't the Rick music thing a joke?

Heather, you know I always agree with you.
T dog had a figure from the earlier set so I don't think you can compare, basically everyone even bob had multipli ones before Beth, hell even Noah and it's like really? I could be wrong but I'm sure before gn said it it was actually leaked. The music scene with Rick was not played for laughs I have never seen Daryl so pissed off and he freaking begged Rick not to play music.
Old 03-23-2016, 05:16 PM
Elite Fan

I guess saying her name would mean they would have to pay Emily. Lol maybe they are that cheap. I do love Kate Nash being all TD though because when she tweets them you know they see her tweets.
Old 03-23-2016, 05:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Dianna Agron

I don't think so. There should be no reason saying the name Beth would mean they have to pay her. It's just saying a name.
Old 03-23-2016, 05:47 PM
Elite Fan

I'm pretty sure they have too.
Old 03-23-2016, 05:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Dianna Agron

I don't think so with just a name. Especially with a character they created. Now if she appeared in the episode yeah they would but not for a name.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top