Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2016, 02:55 PM
Elite Fan

I think that could be said about a lot of things from the show but Beth and Beth/Daryl is definitely the biggest.
Old 03-21-2016, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That's so true. Ugh!
Old 03-21-2016, 05:20 PM
Elite Fan

I don't know if that makes me feel any better.
Old 03-21-2016, 06:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Doesn't make me but it's true.
Old 03-21-2016, 06:51 PM
Elite Fan

Not always but there are definitely moments it makes me feel better.
Old 03-21-2016, 07:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It just sucks how S4 could have been good and then we got S5. The only good thing about it is Daryl showing he wants Beth back and how much he cares.
Old 03-21-2016, 08:08 PM
Elite Fan

I think season 4 was a very lucky fluke more than anything unfortunately.
Old 03-22-2016, 01:29 AM
Total Fan

I really liked both seasons - if only Beth didn't die and would have come back with the group (that would have been amazing).

I thought they nailed it with her death - and Daryl carrying her out, Maggie falling apart - It was the saddest moment ever on TWD.
Though I still wish it never happened it was a beautiful sad moment

And I really liked that even though she's gone they still hint to her, just so we can se she's had this big impact on the people around her. And I love the journey Daryls been on.

(X)
Old 03-22-2016, 09:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I disagree. Her death was the most pointless, senseless, and wtf death to happen on the show. Beth was so out of character before stabbing Dawn in her shoulder with her bullet proof covered vest. And then even though Dawn's gun was under Beth it some how hits her in the forehead? Yeah ok...

And **** Daryl carrying her out. It was so exploitative and all for Daryl's man pain.

Plus **** them for having everyone call Beth weak (which was very reminiscent of the fandom) and then have Beth constantly saying she isn't and showing us how bad ass she is and actually have her in a narrative that was finally giving her something only to end up proving all those people right by killing her especially in such way. And the show just keeps telling us people like her can't survive.

Sorry but ugh! It was all such bull**** to me. And I have a lot of emotions about it. And none of this is toward you or trying to make you change how you feel about it but just stating my opinion about it all.

I love those scenes so much.

Last edited by fractured moonlight; 03-22-2016 at 01:53 PM
Old 03-22-2016, 01:28 PM
Elite Fan

I disagree as well, Heather pretty much covered it. Her death was ridiculously manipulative and pointless, I mean they literally only showed us where she was so we could watch her be abused for a few eps. And she died "saving" someone who died a few eps later. And don't even get me started on the path of the bullet and how a trained police officer's holstered gun accidentally goes off. So contrived and stupid it almost makes me laugh now. Also I'm still so confused as to why Grady needed to be so rapey to Beth if it was just going to lead to death.

Another thing people keep mentioning is how Beth's presence is still felt on the show, I get that and it's sweet but it also seems like they are doing everything possible to avoid saying her actual name.

This is just touching on Beth's death since we were also talking about the wasted potential of the entire show but I feel like I could get into another rant/write an essay about that.
Old 03-22-2016, 01:39 PM
Elite Fan

Beth's death like Andrea was pointless and didn't move the story and if anything it was all for shock value. Andrea's more so because the guy even got fired for writing it and they hired Gimple who made her death a little more in character but at that point he had no other option seeing as it had already aired. Beth's death was one major F-up and the viewers know it, Gimple knows and even Robert said it on TTD. I agree this season a lot Beth is in words and actions that Daryl does do. I'm not even TD and I can see that ****. I mean really, A woman who has been sheltered from the "Walkers" all her life decides to go with Daryl because he can protect Daryl has to watch as she gets killed with his own cross bow and she was blonde with a ponytail. Daryl talks about having faith now and the list goes on and on for this season.

Bullet would only get to her head if it ricochet, It didn't or everyone would have dunk for cover. My guess is they had three options killing Carol off, Beth or no one. the third option wouldn't work for them seeing as it would have been a dud in their eyes so they went either Carol or Beth and seeing as Emily didn't get to plead her case like others have, because she wasn't informed it was her.

I think it's sad because Beth and Daryl had an amazing dynamic and she was just getting stronger and more independent it was so unfair and not just because of Bethyl but as a Beth fan. she could have been the character who built up to be tough and not tough right off the bat. Which she was showing and never got the chance to show anyone about.
Old 03-22-2016, 01:39 PM
Elite Fan

edit
Old 03-22-2016, 02:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Kay - Yes! Exactly! That is another thing I should have mentioned. The whole Grady storyline used to abuse and sexually assault her and then just have her die. **** that. What was even the point? They wanted her dead and they wanted emotional? Have her killed at Terminus. It would have made a hell of lot more sense and Daryl would have still got his pain so they can constantly keep him miserable. But nope. Lets have her being abused, sexually assaulted, and constantly told how weak she is and even point out how she attempted suicide as a factor in her weakness. Make her go through all that and then just kill her. Because people like her aren't worth **** right? Ugh! Plus not to mention how they baited us Beth and DB fans.

And agree. I do see moments on my dash that I agree it does seem Beth related and Daryl does still seem like his mourning her but not once have they actually said her name. Just come out right and say it.

OMG me too.

Effy - I actually feel Beth's is even more so because the other guy did get fired and Gimple apparently did what he could to fix it. However that is not the case with Beth at all. They could have done it differently but chose not to. And I agree that do seem to be keeping Beth's presence when it comes to Daryl but I am so sick of them never actually saying her damn name.

And DB had so much potential and it was all so wasted. And Beth in general too. Ugh!
Old 03-22-2016, 02:07 PM
Elite Fan

Daryl never said they were falling in love either but we know via the writing team that's how Normily played it. I think I'd rather have little moments that Daryl and only Daryl is reminded of Beth then if he says her name once and that's it for the rest of the series.
Old 03-22-2016, 02:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

But see that's thing. It shouldn't have to be either or.