Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2016, 05:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by fractured moonlight (View Post)
Davis-Scott - Welcome to the thread. And that gifset is so much

Kay - Never going to happen because we'll never know.

Heidsdk - Oh that gunshot was a bunch of bull****. And for me has nothing to do with being worthy or not worthy as far as it being just about getting shot vs dying because of walkers. For me her death makes absolutely no sense. The whole scene in general plus how and the hell does she get hit where she did with Dawn's gun being where it's at?

Like ok Beth is going to stab someone in the shoulder wearing a bullet proof vest with some tiny ass scissors. And she's going to do it after getting to see Daryl again (and the rest of TF) and being so close to freedom... And you think Daryl would have been trying to stay as close to her as he could to protect her best he could after everything. Makes absolutely no ****ing sense. And then when she does get shot she's in a ****ing working hospital with a ****ing doctor but they don't even try to save her? Especially since she was shot in a place where survival is possible. And her death in general came out of nowhere. It didn't fit the narrative at all. And what's made even more frustrating is there are people who were so close to dying but yet magically make it out there.
but i really agree with you . her death was soo weird and didnt make any sence,. and yeah no doctors to save her, maybe it was just a fast end writing from the producers, cause maybe they suddenly got to know she had to leave
Old 02-25-2016, 06:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love how we practically keep talking in cricles here (since there won't ever be anything new again), but still don't stop.
Old 02-25-2016, 05:20 PM
Elite Fan

It is frustrating we keep coming back to it but it's sort of what we were left with. We got no closure or any sort of explanation so we're still here trying to make sense of something that doesn't make sense unfortunately. And I think in terms of discussion we do a lot better than most considering our pair hasn't been onscreen together for over a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidsdk (View Post)
but i really agree with you . her death was soo weird and didnt make any sence,. and yeah no doctors to save her, maybe it was just a fast end writing from the producers, cause maybe they suddenly got to know she had to leave
Do you mean Emily? Because she has said that she wasn't ready to leave the show. If you mean they needed a character to leave the show that's probably very likely.

Last edited by kayrey; 02-25-2016 at 05:26 PM
Old 02-25-2016, 07:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Kay - One of my faves too. Such an amazing episode and I love the character development that took place.

Exactly.

BoneLady - The frustration revs up and we have to go at ti again.

Heidsdk - It was all such bull****. What do you mean by had to leave? If we're talking character here then it's something they knew about and as professional writers should have still wrote something amazing. And if Emily then yeah what Kay said. She didn't want to go. But no matter what it still turned out like crap. And it frustrates me how they would promote the hell out of DB and the reunion just to pull what they did.
Old 02-25-2016, 08:18 PM
Elite Fan

An entire episode focused on character development, who wouldn't appreciate that?

It's definitely a case of even if it was a last minute decision it still sucks because that's honestly the best they could come with?
Old 02-25-2016, 08:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I know right?! It had the right amount of action and character development.

Exactly!
Old 02-25-2016, 10:01 PM
Elite Fan

It was fantastic and I love shows/episodes where you really get to see characters connect with one another. Season 4 in general was great at that.
Old 02-25-2016, 10:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree. TWD got too caught up in the bigger the better and forgot a lot of times it was good to actually show the characters grow. Still was amazing at that and all the DB episodes in S4 were.
Old 02-26-2016, 01:52 AM
Elite Fan

Alone/Still best episodes from the series
Old 02-26-2016, 11:28 AM
Elite Fan

I thought season 4 was really good at character and relationship growth, not even just for Daryl and Beth. There was Sasha/Maggie, Sasha/Bob, Ty/Carol, Rick/Michonne, etc. Granted most of it didn't go anywhere or even continue except for Rick and Michonne but it was pretty good for almost all the characters. Still and Alone were perfect for that.
Old 02-26-2016, 12:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by fractured moonlight (View Post)
BoneLady - The frustration revs up and we have to go at ti again.
I know. I can't think about it without getting angry. Even after all this time.
Old 02-26-2016, 05:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Kay - Yeah S4 was probably the best season as far as development went.

BoneLady - Same.
Old 02-27-2016, 06:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Heidsdk - It was all such bull****. What do you mean by had to leave? If we're talking character here then it's something they knew about and as professional writers should have still wrote something amazing. And if Emily then yeah what Kay said. She didn't want to go. But no matter what it still turned out like crap. And it frustrates me how they would promote the hell out of DB and the reunion just to pull what they did.
okay i thought it was because the actress wanted to leave and they had to find up a reason to kill her.
and as i can hear that wasnt the case, then im even more like wow poor written by the writers thats for sure . i agree with you soo much!
Old 02-27-2016, 12:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah Emily didn't want to go and was very sad when she had to leave. The writing was so horrible. And them baiting the Beth and DB fans also was pretty horrible.
Old 02-27-2016, 02:03 PM
Elite Fan

She was so sad. I remember her saying she could have anticipated it in seasons 2 or 3 but she wasn't ready at all for it to happen when it did. That quote still depresses me. She really thought they were developing her character after being on the show for so long. We all did.