Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-12-2015, 02:38 PM
Moderator Support Team

Suits Episode Discussion: 5x08 - "Mea Culpa" [Airs August 12th, 2015]

Jessica performs damage control following the Harvey-Louis incident; and Donna counsels the men on how to solve their issues. Mike, meanwhile, searches for a way to turn down his announced promotion without raising suspicion
Source: USA
Old 08-13-2015, 06:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm caught up sorta.
Old 08-13-2015, 09:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Tftnt Natasha
Didn't like this episode very much cause I couldn't care less about Mike's secret and it was predictable that Louis would be angry at first and then calm down, just like Jessica said at the end
Love Harvey/Louis talk in his office even if I knew Louis was lying and I need more moments between Mike & Harvey, they're too rare, I miss them together
The GOT conversation between Louis & Mike was hilarious
And Harvey in casual clothes....
Old 08-13-2015, 12:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT!

I liked the episode because it was so exciting to watch. I hate that Louis is so vindictive and still acts before thinking anything but himself... Harvey opened up to him and he used him. I hated Louis so much... But I loved the GOT convo as well

I love my Jessica, she was wonderful as usual I hope Hardman takes another failure at the end but I fear for her. What he is up to... Hate him!

Mike is a ticking bomb. And yes I want MR to be happy but Claire was not NOT right...

BTW Harvey in anything is for me
Old 08-13-2015, 01:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

i liked this one, it was interesting watching Louis react to what happened.

troian i love her and her and mike have natural chemistry together. (obviously because they are together in real life but still) but clare saying he shouldn't marry rachel is just so not her place.

rachel needs to calm down. like she knew dating mike would come with complications and she got mad at him all because he dated someone before her and had to lie to her, go away rachel. i will never like her, sorry.
Old 08-13-2015, 08:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I have to disagree with you guys there. Claire was completely right. She's forced Mike to think about what marrying Rachel means for her. She's made him realise that his secret could literally destroy Rachel's life if he gets caught. I honestly not sure if this is something that Mike has considered before (Rachel definitely has). It wasn't Claire's place, but he needed to hear it and there was no one else to say it.

I like the way Troian explained it -

Quote:
Obviously the final scene with Claire and Mike has given him a lot to think about. What kind of conversations did you and Patrick have about that moment?
I think a lot of it, for us, is sort of unspoken. There were a few moments that we kind of had to unpack and figure out what were the moments of tension between us. You’ve watched this whole episode of one character trying to see the other, and then finally, he comes out and presents himself to her. So there’s a lot of complicated emotions for her. What we didn’t want to do — which I think was written very well — was make a scene about sexual tension, or a scene about a possible romance. The conversation between Mike and Claire truly was about Mike’s future, and, in Claire’s mind, what he was doing to this woman.

It’s interesting how she says that she doesn’t think it’s enough for him to stop pretending he’s a lawyer — if he loves Rachel, he wouldn’t marry her.
I think that’s what was so well-written about the episode. Rachel finally gets Claire to understand her position, and Claire, I think, kind of envisions herself in Rachel’s shoes. The wonderful thing about a woman as smart as Claire is that she sees that if Mike is marrying Rachel, he’s possibly going to ruin his life, but he’s really going to ruin hers. There’s this incredible potential in Rachel that she recognizes, both in her career and in her life, and she sees that Mike is really, really putting that in jeopardy. He is in love with Rachel, but Claire really wants to shake him and wake him up and say, “It’s not just your life now. That’s what marriage is. It’s not just you.”
X

I want MR to get their happy ending, but if they don't figure this out now, they won't get one. Claire's just forced the conversation (hopefully).

Leigh Tumblr
Old 08-14-2015, 12:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)
I have to disagree with you guys there. Claire was completely right. She's forced Mike to think about what marrying Rachel means for her. She's made him realise that his secret could literally destroy Rachel's life if he gets caught. I honestly not sure if this is something that Mike has considered before (Rachel definitely has). It wasn't Claire's place, but he needed to hear it and there was no one else to say it.

I like the way Troian explained it -

X

I want MR to get their happy ending, but if they don't figure this out now, they won't get one. Claire's just forced the conversation (hopefully).
I said she was right. Maybe it was not her place however as an "outsider" I think she provided the realistic perspective they obviously forgot. Noone popped up the question when they heard they are getting married because they were happy for their friends. But yeah it comes with a huge risk imo. Maybe they just stay together unmarried. Maybe it is what they will decide later. Or maybe he will quit his job sooner or later... But I think whatever they will decide when the truth comes out it will be bad... I think it opened lots of questions both in Rachel's and Mike's mind. Like opening a can of worms. I love how much Rachel loves Mike and would do anything for him but certainly there are hard questions to be answered. I loved how Troian explained as well. Thanks for sharing

Last edited by lessismore; 08-14-2015 at 12:42 AM
Old 08-14-2015, 09:38 PM
Moderator Support Team

it was a good episode

and it was great to see Troian back in another episode
Old 08-17-2015, 02:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

but i dont see what how he's destroying her life? i mean all these people know about his secret and could all get in huge trouble for letting it go on and not saying anything about it? why is rachel the only one that he should be concerned about? just because he's marrying her?

and what is she expected to do? report him? break up with him? no. she loves him so of course she will hold onto his secret, THATS what marriage is, protecting the person you love, which she is doing and will continue to do.

him not marrying her and not being happy is not the way to resolve it? the only way to ever resolve it would be for him to come forward and that just isn't gonna happen!
Old 08-17-2015, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

If he gets caught, it would destroy her, because she's in love with him, but also because she knows. It would be easier for her if he walked away now before that happens because then when it comes out (and it is likely to), it won't tear her apart as much and she won't lose her career (if she's not in his life it's not as easy to prove that she knew). It's about Rachel and not the others that know because he claims to love Rachel, Claire pointed out to him the long term impact that could have on Rachel. It's not nice, and of course ending it is not what either of them (or I) would want, but she has a point, and he really needed to hear it. Right now they're not really seeing the bigger picture as much as they should.

Marriage is protecting the other person yes, but it is also about not harming the other person, and in this case, unfortunately, it's almost inevitable that being with Mike will end up hurting Rachel. They need to discuss how they will handle that if/when it happens if they want to stand any chance of making it through it.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 08-18-2015, 10:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

i just dont think that its that black and white and i dont think breaking it off with her and breaking her heart is how to go about it. she can make that decision to walk away if she wanted to.