Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-09-2014, 04:10 AM
Elite Fan

Sarah ♥ Santtu ♥ Oona ♥ Iris Seppala

Welcome to the 1st Sarah, Santtu,
Oona and Iris Seppala Thread

Sarah married Santtu Seppala on 23 June 2001.

♥ ♥ ♥

They became parents of two daughters, Oona Gray (b. 22 October 2007) and Iris Friday (b. 2012).

Sarah Rafferty - Twitter
Sarah Rafferty - Instagram

Last edited by Gio Gio; 02-27-2014 at 11:29 PM
Old 02-09-2014, 04:41 AM
Elite Fan

Scans: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8

Last edited by Gio Gio; 02-09-2014 at 05:30 AM
Old 02-09-2014, 09:39 AM
Absolute Fan

OMG I absolutely love that pic of Patrick with his camera and the kids all around. I love random pics like that, when nobody's expecting a photo. (-:
Old 02-09-2014, 10:18 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
CBS: You have two daughters. How old are they and what are they like?

SR: My oldest daughter Oona is six and Iris is turning two on Sunday. They are the light of my life. They are so outgoing and funny and silly. They love to sing and dance, they love each other, and they are incredibly affectionate. They crack me up every single day.

CBS: What is it like to raise two girls?

SR: It’s funny. Sometimes I have disassociated moments where I think, “Wait, I’m their mother. I’m just here having fun with these children and enjoying them but I can’t believe I’m already at this phase in my life where I’m raising them. It’s such a blessing to have my two girls. The world that they’re growing up in is different than the one that I grew up in, in so many wonderful ways, and in so many ways that I’m a little bit nervous about. They’ve got the Internet and social media. There’s a lot to educate myself on, as a parent, in the years to come in terms of raising children in this environment.

CBS: What does your oldest daughter think about you being on television?

SR: Sometimes I think she thinks I put on makeup for a living. I’m kidding. She’s never seen me on the TV show. She knows that I’m an actress and I love to be a part of telling stories. I’ve been in plays and she’s come backstage and been in my dressing room. She’s starting to get a sense that it’s something that people can do and other people watch, and even other people that we may not have met before might be familiar with the show, with me, and with our friends. That’s intriguing for her. She might be a little actress. In the years ahead, she’ll probably be on set with me taking notes.

CBS: How do you juggle “having it all”? Do you feel like your life is in balance?

SR: No. I’ve stropped striving for balance. That word does not exist. I think it’s all about embracing the chaos and the espresso machine.

CBS: Are you protective of your kids if the paparazzi follow you?

SR: I’ve never had to deal with paparazzi around when I’ve been with my kids. If I were with them and the paparazzi were there, I would ask for some space.

CBS: Do you have any Valentine’s Day plans with your husband?

SR: We try to do something offbeat for Valentine’s Day, and don’t ever really celebrate it right on the day. I don’t even try to get a reservation that night for dinner. Last year, we got a babysitter and we went to a local ski mountain and enjoyed some quick runs and then we were home for dinner with the kids. We like to take hikes. If we can carve out a couple of hours where can talk to each other without being interrupted, we find that to be an incredibly romantic day or night. We’re so tired by the time night comes around as well. I’m a big fan of having a date during the day. We might go out to lunch or to a spa.

CBS: You still find ways to surprise each other amidst the busy life?

SR: We try to. Here and there.

CBS: Besides Suits, what else are you working on?

SR: Full-on “Mom-ness.” I am planning a birthday party for this weekend. We were just doing some amazing finger-painting. We did a little visit to the Kindergarten class and made some “O-shaped” cookies when they were learning the letter “O.” I like to get down and dirty and be home with my kids when we’re on a hiatus. I use the time to wear the “Mom-hat” as much as I can.
Sarah Rafferty: My Oldest Daughter Has Never Seen Me On ‘Suits’

Last edited by Gio Gio; 02-09-2014 at 10:38 AM
Old 02-09-2014, 11:19 PM
Moderator Support Team

TFTNT

aww love all the pics
Old 02-09-2014, 11:40 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Sarah Rafferty: Fitness “Suits” Her
By Gina Roberts-Grey
gen 21, 2013

Don’t tell Sarah Rafferty, 40, one of the stars of USA Network’s hit drama Suits and mom to two daughters, ages 5 and 2, that there’s no time to exercise during the day. The busy wife, mom and actor sees the entire world as her gym. And uses it in all sorts of ways to stay fit and looking great in her role as the confident and witty paralegal Donna on Suits.

Here’s a look at how Rafferty stays looking – and feeling – great.

Diets don’t fit in

Rafferty acknowledges that trying to stay fit and healthy is one of her top priorities. “Who isn’t trying to be healthy and fit? But I think it’s also important to find some balance and enjoy the better things in life, too,” she says.

That means no deprivation diets. “I don’t think it’s good to totally deprive yourself. And I’m not good at fasting or anything like that; I always get too cranky and exhausted. And having two kids means being exhausted during the day isn’t an option.”

Instead, Rafferty relies on moderation and whole foods to maintain her svelte figure. “I feel better when I eat healthy foods so I stay away from a lot of processed stuff. Sure I’ll eat a piece of cake at the holidays or a birthday, but I don’t have to resist going to McDonalds because that food doesn’t make me feel good,” she says.

But that doesn’t mean she doesn’t indulge in a little junk food now and then. She just opts for healthy junk. “I make crispy kale chips when I have a craving for something fried or salty. I still give in to the craving for junk food, but I make good junk choices.”

Stocking up on soup

Rafferty avoids hunger pains that might have her hitting up the vending machine or sweet table on set with protein shakes. “I’ll put a protein meal powder, almond milk and other healthy goodies in a blender and that way I know I’m getting protein which is great sustaining energy. It’s a quick and I trick myself into thinking I’m having a milkshake. It’s great when I’m on set at 2 a.m.”

She also stews up healthy soups for her family to eat during the week.

“Every week I make a few vegetable soups and have them on hand for when we only have a few minutes for a quick meal. My husband adds brown rice, pasta or potato to his which is why soup is so great. It’s pleasing if you want something light or hearty.”

Finding motivation to fit in exercise

Pre-kids, Rafferty says she could while away the hours at the gym.

“I’d take a class, do cardio and then lift weights. It was nothing to spend two hours or more at the gym.”

But post-tots, things changed.

“Now I never have a two-hour window to go on regular basis.”

So she’s changed her expectations for exercise and looks for pockets of productive workout time that will energize her and make her feel good.

Her trick: Mini-boot camps. “It’s an endorphin rush to spend 20 minutes running up and down a hill playing tag with the kids,” she says. “I look for ways to have little bursts of fitness like pushing the kids in the stroller uphill.”

Rafferty’s fitness regimen is also a family affair. “I let my older daughter pretend she’s the trainer and we create fun circuits in the yard, at the park or on a walk or hike. I’ll do step ups on a bench at the park while they’re playing just because I can’t do big long, indulgent workouts anymore.”

The combination of stretching and strengthening in Pilates class are also appealing to Rafferty. “The stretching is restorative. I used to jog and run. But I’m too tired to do that, and the pounding on my body is rough.”

Saying no to sit-ups

Rafferty’s least favorite aspect of fitness: core work. “I always hated sit-ups, and really anything for your core. Ick!”

She relies on a tricky trainer to get her to tone her tummy.

“I won’t do an ab workout unless someone makes me do it. There’s no way I’ll get on my back and do crunches,” she says.

So instead she cuts herself some slack and looks to activity that she enjoys.

“I’ll do Pilates that also works out your core without realizing it. So I think I’m doing something for my arms but I’m also working out my core”.

Making a date to exercise

Rafferty and her husband often use date night as the backdrop to fitness. “My husband and I start date night with a hike. We both tend to have hectic weeks that make it tough to have time together, but when you go for hike together, it’s a way to talk and connect and unplug while still getting some physical activity,” she says.

And a creative way to squeeze in fitness, too!
Sarah Rafferty: Fitness “Suits” her | Yahoo Health
Old 02-09-2014, 11:44 PM
Moderator Support Team

thanks for posting
Old 02-10-2014, 03:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Aww her daughters are so cute
Old 02-10-2014, 10:20 AM
Elite Fan

Sarah with her mom and dad

Sarah with her dad

Her daughters