Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-23-2014, 05:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆
♥S&K♥♥R&Hr♥♥P&K♥♥J&B♥♥C&C♥♥E&K♥

Old 11-23-2014, 05:36 PM
Absolute Fan

Love that Katniss dreamt about Peeta being there and comforting her...no one else makes her feel as safe.
Old 11-23-2014, 07:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

and she looked so peaceful in his arms

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆

Old 11-23-2014, 08:37 PM
Absolute Fan

He was the only thing on her mind. She had a nightmare that night alright, except it was a different kind than usual...the kind where Peeta wasn't there with her anymore.
Old 11-23-2014, 08:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

poor girl

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆

Old 11-23-2014, 09:31 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HutchLaw_Girl (View Post)
when he said he wanted to give her a rose
You know I have a different take on that line. I think Snow was feeding Peeta that line specifically to hurt Katniss. Snow knew how much she hated the roses, they irked her and there's no way Peeta wouldn't be aware of this and so for Katniss to hear Peeta talk about giving her that gross rose, I feel it was a BS line to show how much Snow had broken Peeta's. In that last interview when Peeta sees Katniss for the first time, THAT was the real Peeta at least the first signs of him since the the first interview, when he was still trying to protect Katniss. He had finally broken through the fog of the hijacking and it broke my heart to see him, his expression, like he couldn't believe it was really her but he knew it was. It was such a reprieve from his daily torture, and even relief that she was ok and pushed to warn her against the bombing. His last act of free will before losing all control of his faculties.

Maybe I'm just a little paranoid but I think if it was anything else other than a rose, I would have melted but all it did was make me hate Snow for using Peeta like that, to break Katniss even further.

That last gif of her waking up to find he's not really there, ugh!
Old 11-23-2014, 09:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

yeah its quite possible it was Snow behind that line.
I also think the hijacking didn't take place until after that last interview because he saw Katniss in the transmission and didn't go crazy the opposite tried to protect her

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆

Old 11-23-2014, 09:47 PM
Absolute Fan

To go from this:

To this:

The difference is so heartbreaking.
Old 11-23-2014, 10:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

and in weeks

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆

Old 11-23-2014, 11:29 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HutchLaw_Girl (View Post)
yeah its quite possible it was Snow behind that line.
I also think the hijacking didn't take place until after that last interview because he saw Katniss in the transmission and didn't go crazy the opposite tried to protect her
You right about the hijacking. Is it possible the hijacking was the last resort because they were using other means to break him? Will MJ2 mention how they killed people in front of him to make him comply or will FLaw find some other way to show the kind of hell Peeta was put through all those weeks? I think that first interview is more Peeta inserting his own views about what happened in the arena and Snow must have hated that Peeta wasn't completely dancing to his beat so they tried forcing him to spew more Capitol propaganda but he kept resisting until they found more tragic ways to make him.

Peeta's story is just so heartbreaking. I still wish SC allowed us into Peeta's head but at the same time I'm thankful she didn't. If I couldn't deal with seeing him through Katniss' eyes, how could I deal with being in his head as he battled the fear brought on by the tracker jacker venom? How could I handle Peeta seeing himself as the monster that had to be put down?

Despite the perfect ending, Mockingjay Part 2 is going to be very painful to get through.
Old 11-24-2014, 12:35 AM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

There was definitely another side to Peeta wanting to give her the rose, wasn't that during the same interview that Peeta was wearing a jacket with roses sketched on it? It was Snow sending a message to Katniss and what worse way to do that it being from Peeta's mouth.

I think they were definitely doing something to him even before the last interview, since the second one, Peeta was so disoriented and right before the warning, it seemed like he was fighting to gain control because his head and his heart were telling him different things. They probably needed more time than what they had between the last interview and the rescue to be able to get to him so much.

Penny, I have the same conflict. I want so much to know what things are like for Peeta, what he's thinking, what battles are raging inside his head but it would be so devastating to actually know. MJ2 is going to hurt because we do get a little window into what he's thinking about himself.

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray
Old 11-24-2014, 01:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

I guess you guys are right, I just never looked at it that way :/ I just assumed that Peeta didn't know much about the rose thing although the choice of flower did seem odd and cruel..

Old 11-24-2014, 01:29 AM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Oh I think he didn't actually know what it meant, he probably really did think he was just saying he wants to give Katniss the rose, was probably told he should do that as a romantic gesture but Snow knew what that choice of rose will do to Katniss.

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray
Old 11-24-2014, 04:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

yeah that makes sense then. I don't think it worked, though, the only thing Katniss was paying attention to was Peeta himself, not what he was saying or what he was holding. she probably didn't even notice it that time...only that his condition got worse

maybe it was just meant to remind her that Snow's there behind everything. that he did all that to Peeta and he can do much worse so she never forgets it...not that she could fo course

Last edited by JoJoF92; 11-24-2014 at 05:45 AM
Old 11-24-2014, 04:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think MJ2 will mention things like maybe he saw how they tortured and killed their prep team. a conversation between him and Johanna in the cafeteria.

in the first interview you can tell they feeding him the last lines about cease fire and let the weapons down. pretty sure the didn't know what happened in 12, if he knew he might had acted different or be less cooperative

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆