Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2017, 08:05 PM
Administrator

Low Post Count Warning - Please Read

Hi everyone. We have a rule here at Fan Forum that if no one posts on a board for more than 48 Hours, we post a warning on the board, and start an immediate post count, and if the board has less than 105 posts in a week, the board will be closed. No one posted on this board for over 48 hours, so I will be starting a post count for this board today, and I will end it a week from now, and if it has less than 105 posts, it will be closed.

Josh Hutcherson 10/8/2017 10:05 PM CDT Post Count: 117,044

Please note that boards need to average at least 15 posts a day to remain here. Please post on this board if you wish it to remain here. Thank you.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 10-08-2017, 09:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

thanks Jerry

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆
♥S&K♥♥R&Hr♥♥P&K♥♥J&B♥♥C&C♥♥E&K♥

Old 10-08-2017, 11:43 PM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Thanks for the heads-up Jerry.

I think we only missed it by a couple of hours, I had too much going on this weekend that I hadn't realized yesterday had no posts. We should be okay with the count though

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray
Old 10-15-2017, 03:15 PM
Administrator

Josh Hutcherson 10/15/2017 5:12 PM CDT Post Count: 117,215

117,215 - 117,044 = 171 Posts

This board met the 105 post count requirement to remain here, so it will remain open, but it will be placed on the Low Post Count Warning List, and if it goes without a post for 48 hours or if it fails to meet the minimum post count requirement of 15 posts per day when we do monthly post counts at any time in the next six months, it will be closed without doing another post count.

Please keep this thread topped until the trial period for this board is over.

Please note that boards need to average at least 15 posts a day to remain here. Thank you.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 10-15-2017, 06:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks Jerry!

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆

Old 10-16-2017, 03:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

thank you.
Old 10-16-2017, 10:13 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Thanks for the update, Jerry.

| ray
Old 01-24-2018, 04:27 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Just wanted to let you all know that we’ve decided to implement some new post count guidelines to recognize that some of the standards that were set years ago may not be realistic now, and we don’t want to continue the trend of seeing so many boards closed either voluntarily or due to low post counts.

The new post count guidelines are as follows:
  1. The average number of posts that a forum must meet to remain here has been changed from 15 posts a day to 12 posts a day when I do the monthly post counts. I also want everyone to understand that a forum averaging 12 posts a day means just that, it’s an average. So if you only have 6 posts on a board one day, if you get 18 posts the next day, you’ve averaged out to 12 posts a day for the two days. Naturally we do want our forums to do well here and exceed that average number of posts, but we feel that lowering the average number of posts for forums to remain here will help some of the slower forums here, especially the forums that only have one moderator.

2. We’re implementing a new rule with the forums on the Low Post Count List. If a forum is on the Low Post Count List, and it doesn’t meet the minimum average number of posts to remain here a second time within its 6 Month Trial Period, or if it goes without a post for 48 Hours for a second time (see below) within its 6 Month Trial Period it will not be closed, and it will just be listed as a second occurrence. If the forum doesn’t meet the minimum average number of posts to remain here a third time within its 6 Month Trial Period, it will be closed. This way, every forum that is on the Low Post Count List will be getting an extra chance to remain here.
Old 01-24-2018, 06:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the info Chris

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆

Old 01-25-2018, 10:10 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Thanks for bringing that over Chris.

| ray
Old 05-01-2018, 10:02 PM
Administrator

This board has passed the 6 months probationary period so I'll unstick this thread now.

Thanks everyone for all the hard work in keeping this board active.

Old 05-02-2018, 09:44 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Thanks Jerry!

| ray
Old 05-02-2018, 06:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

thanks Jerry

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆