04. quin611
05. Lozza~TheAussieChick~

Previous Threads:
http://www.fanforum.com/f40/younger-...ught-63145359/
http://www.fanforum.com/f40/younger-...-all-63166043/

Future Titles:
01. “Your (mid life) crisis was your boring life before this.”
02. "Friends are therapists you can drink with"
03. "As Taylor Swift said, there's a special place in hell for women who don't help other women."
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 12:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Tftnt
ds44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 11:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Welp, the finale aired. And it sucked. lol.

I thought the season was a bit boring/slow and it didn't really feel like a final season to me.

Diana was in 1 scene this season and i really missed her humor and it just sucks that we didnt see her in the finale at all.

Lauren's storyline was lame imo. But i'd rather she be in a thruple i guess than just with a man. But still no. Not a fan of that SL whatsoever.

Maggie's storyline was also weird, so now she's seeing the woman she was cheating on her fiance with???? What??? IDK I felt zero chemistry between those two and she online bullied her... like... wtf. That storyline was strange and way rushed.

I didn't love Zane but i would have rather had Kelsey with him rather than the other guy this season. And i hate that she was leaving and going to California. The fact that none of her friends even seemd to care that much she was leaving was so weird.

The one scene i did love in the episode was the josh/Kelsey scene because it was very sweet but it was also kinda pointless because Kelsey was leaving.

Dont get me started on Charles/Liza. Charles was a jerk all season, his g/f was annoying. But I still shipped them and wanted them together. Then in episode 11 they made this huge storyline and gesture to put them back together and it was so cute and then they just broke them up again in the finale??? what???? that was so randon. They should have just kept them apart and had them becoming friends this season. I do like Liza was taking over the company I guess, but again, felt very plopped in there.

Josh was barely in the season at all. He had no storyline. And he was completely missing from the finale except for that one scene with Kelsey (which I loved) and then the final scene with Liza. Which was a sweet scene and i like how it played into the pilot but I didn't like how it implied they would maybe get back together. They literally barely interacted the whole season? So ending on them was annoying to me.

I really hope there is a movie because I feel like we could use a bit more closure on these characters but at the same time i dont know what the hell they would even write in it.

The problem with Darrens writing and his shows imo is that hes very in the moment and doesnt really seem to plan ahead or thnk about the overall storyline. Characters do things all season for there to be no payoff.
Old 06-15-2021, 11:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

I've heard nothing good about the last season. It makes me happy that I stopped watching around season 3.

I like to view it as Diana knew crap was coming so she noped out to her honeymoon before she got caught in the BS, too.

{taek su mi sun}
fall into your smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 05:17 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the recap. It airs on July 7 on TvLand, I'll watch then.
~Janice~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 09:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

I just got a paramount subcription again and was going to attempt to binge watch this series but I only got through season 1... I have too many other things to watch but I will get back to it at a different time. I only saw the series once. Surprisingly I did remember the episodes pretty well, but regardless it was fun rewatching. It's a good series! Not my all time favorite, but nice.

Here are my thoughts on Season 1!

Sorry, but I feel like there is no way Josh thinks Liza is 26. Sutton looks great but in this scene was not even dolled up. I do think she could pull of 29/30, but not 26!
Josh/Liza were cute in the beginning for sure, I remember why I shipped them.
The montage of her learning younger things was hilarious . She did look a lot younger after her makeover. Her hair is goals.
Kelsey definitely seemed like she would be manipulative in this first episode, she had a subtle shadiness to her at first.

Josh was so cute in the beginning! I feel like they could have/should have been just f__ buddies though.
This show is definitely nice to watch quickly!
If I were her though I woudn't have entertained the thing with Josh though. I don't think I could date someone 15 years younger! I think 10 is my limit. (older maybe up to 15 years tho!)

This line from Maggie was hilarious, "With everything women need to be paranoid about we don't need to be making up new stuff." When Lisa was going on about her insecurities lol.
I do like that Lisa is nervous about having sex again though, I think that is realistic.
David, her ex husband, is a different actor in this season isn't he? I can't quite remember but he didn't look familiar to me. Maybe I'm wrong though.

The L/J sex scene was hot! I will give them that.
Lauren was annoying in this first season. Her and Kelsey both were just so rude about older women at first. I get it was the premise of the show but IDK, it annoyed me a lot.
Thad was such an ass! Kelsey could have done way better! She annoyed me so much in this ep though. Doing like 8 shots was insane, and then going to Josh's house and yelling at the window, then getting mad at Liza for it... girl...

All the old jokes are so mean. Glad that stopped in the later seasons.
It was really nice what Lauren and Kelsey did for Maggie though and I liked seeing that growth.
CHARLES IS HERE! He was so darn sweet in the early days.

David is such a loser!
The swedish author and Kelsey were fine but there wasn't chemistry there at all.

I love Kelsey but she was def. a bit annoying and immature in season 1.
The panty storyline in this ep omg lol. I could NEVER!
Charles and Liza are so cute.
Diana giving Liza the money she needed was so sweet! The first time we really saw Dianna have a heart and be genuine with Liza.

Liza with Charles' girls is so adorable. You can def. tell he was attracted to her right away.
Anton having a wife was insane. Knew he was shady.

Liza was kind of rude about Josh. But what does she expect when hes younger than her? They aren't gonna be the same.
Overall it was a slightly boring ep with the book club stuff.

Josh saying he and Liza were just hanging out ... yikes. But he came around at the end.
Kelsey living with Lauren's parents was kinda hilarious but makes sense and her reasons were smart. It would be expensive to live in New York too.

Can't believe Liza told Josh how old she was in this episode! Omg… girl.
Lauren and Maggie kissing was funny.

Don't blame him Josh for being mad about Liza's lie but he went way too far with the things that he said, like telling Liza never to talk to him again... come on.
It was sweet of Josh to give her another shot, but maybe a bit too fast? I feel like they could have pushed that into season 2.

Last edited by Alexa; 06-06-2023 at 02:12 AM
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top