Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2004, 10:12 PM
Obsessed Fan

Some interesting news:

I was doing more WF's research and came up with some things that may, or may not be useful for campaigns and other things concerning this show:

1) The repeat airing of the Pilot on 3/18 brought in a 5.1 share!

So, what the Hell happened when episode II aired the next night?! I'll tell you: It was FRIDAY night, dammitt!

If a REPEAT brought in about 4-5 million Neilsen viewers, yet the very next night a brand new, ORIGINAL episode drops that number in half... That is verifiable proof that NO ONE is home on Friday, and this is going to be what kills the show above ALL else. Grrr! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Fox has got to move this show.

But to where?

2) Here is something very interesting from the Futon Critic's site regarding FOX's brand new scheduale change (also, coicidentally announced onm 3/18):

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/go...wswire&id=6466

Here is the relevant part if you don't want to read the whole thing (which is kinda boring, frankly):

Quote:
Sundays, as of March 21

7:00/6:00c - "King of the Hill" (Repeats)
7:30/6:30c - "King of the Hill" (New Time Slot)
8:00/7:00c - "The Simpsons"
8:30/7:30c - "The Simpsons" (Repeats)
9:00/8:00c - "Malcolm in the Middle"
9:30/8:30c - "Arrested Development"

Mondays, as of March 22

8:00/7:00c - "The Bernie Mac Show" (New Time Slot)
8:30/7:30c - "Cracking Up"
9:00/8:00c - "That '70s Show" (Repeats)
9:30/8:30c - "That '70s Show" (Repeats)

Thursdays, as of March 25

8:00/7:00c - "Tru Calling"
9:00/8:00c - "Forever Eden" (New Time Slot)

Wednesday, April 7 only

8:00/7:00c - "That '70s Show"
8:30/7:30c - "American Idol"
9:00/8:00c - "The Swan" (Series Premiere - Special Night)

Mondays, as of April 12

8:00/7:00c - "The Bernie Mac Show"
8:30/7:30c - "Cracking Up"
9:00/8:00c - "The Swan" (Time Slot Premiere)
I've put in blod where WF could potentially be placed.

This isn't just because a new reality show is being put their, either.

If "Playing it Straight" is any indication (low ratings), FOX's reality-show-ride may be finally over and if "The Swan" tanks, WF could swoop in and be out of the TSOD on Friday nights... At least, in a perfect world.

More importantly, the reason I am showing you guys this is that for those of you doing campaigns.

HERE IS YOUR BATTLE PLAN. Concentrate on these nights because a realistic view of what can be done will go a long way in trying to convince the real execs instead of just saying, "Please keep it on!"

3) Here is a link to the official FOX message board for Wonder Falls:

http://forums.prospero.com/foxwonderfalls/messages

I hope the Moderators don't mind, but the reason I am doing this is because there ARE more people like us who DON'T want to see this show end. Period. We're not alone and this will hopefully make some of you feel better.

What I found interesting is that some people on that board think this show SHOULD be canceled because it is too "dirty" and too "edgy"?!? [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

I mean, really. This is one of the shows that can do well with NO nudity, violence, sex or other "objectionable" things, but someone always has to act like the "moral majority" and dictate what we watch because they don't like it. Whatever...

3) Personal Observation:

The irony of this show is that it IS for the target demographic that Jaye's character represents... Yet FOX execs are STUPID enough to think the "over-educated and underemployed", "nowinners" would just blindly let it go when they're the ones who WANT more intelligent, SMART shows on network TV and are sick of the mindless, cookie-cutter reality crap (I like some r-shows, but mostly the MTV ones like RW and Newlyweds).

Hope this stuff helps... Or at least makes you think [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-21-2004, 10:21 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
What I found interesting is that some people on that board think this show SHOULD be canceled because it is too "dirty" and too "edgy"?!?
That is quite possibly one of the funniest things I have ever heard.

I think putting it in the Monday 9/8c slot would be a great move for the show. Bernie Mac is pretty well established on the net, so having that anchor the night as a comedy would hopefully transfer into a decent lead-in for WF (if Cracking Up doesn't kill it). Plus, there really isn't HUGE competition for the show as far as its key audience goes. I really don't care where it goes as long as it's moved from Friday. I mean, do they not expect 20somethings to not go out on Friday night?

[ 03-21-2004: Message edited welcometomyworld ]

Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything.
Floyd Dell
Old 03-21-2004, 10:28 PM
Master Fan

If the show did better on a Thursday night, then that should tell FOX that their main problem is the timeslot. Moving the show to another night could help save it.

Quote:
What I found interesting is that some people on that board think this show SHOULD be canceled because it is too "dirty" and too "edgy"?!?
I've seen shows were more "dirty" and "edgy" than this show is. If they don't like it, they shouldn't watch it. Although I have to say, I don't find anything dirty on this show. I've seen worse in my school.
Old 03-21-2004, 11:48 PM
Supreme Fan

this was just random, but I just checked out the banner on the first post and is the dude on the far left suppose to be her jaye's brother? ...cause that must have been an earlier promo pict or something cause all i remember about the guy is catapillar eyebrows and the one on the first post has pencil thin ones [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] so did they change the guy or wax his eyebrows or is that not even suppose to be her brother in the first pic...if so wow this post was a near waste of space [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I was watching this movie "out cold" Caroline Dhavernas and wow. this character was like polar opposite...french accent, even besides that her voice sounded so different, the tone and all. and then her hair was shorter....it was weird...like someone pasted her face on someother person [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Thank you Lemurian
icon by: Bleeding_Muse
"Well he won't be so happy when he discovers his wife is a fruit-munching monster! -Merlin
Old 03-22-2004, 06:49 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Teriberri21:
[QB]this was just random, but I just checked out the banner on the first post and is the dude on the far left suppose to be her jaye's brother? ...cause that must have been an earlier promo pict or something cause all i remember about the guy is catapillar eyebrows and the one on the first post has pencil thin ones [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] so did they change the guy or wax his eyebrows or is that not even suppose to be her brother in the first pic...if so wow this post was a near waste of space [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
There is an un-aired Pilot floating around out there that I guess did have another actor as the brother... But that was reshot because they wanted to feature him more prominently in the Jaye's life and just didn't feel like the (then) actor fit the bill.

If anyone has more info., please correct me.

Quote:
I was watching this movie "out cold" Caroline Dhavernas and wow. this character was like polar opposite...french accent, even besides that her voice sounded so different, the tone and all. and then her hair was shorter....it was weird...like someone pasted her face on someother person [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Well, she is French Canadian (actually speaks French fluently) so that doesn't surprise me.

I think she is a very versitle actress and look forward to whatever projects she may be in even if WF fails.
Old 03-22-2004, 08:27 AM
Master Fan

First time posting on the thread but I've been w/ WF since the beginning. Does anyone have a list of songs played on the show? I really like the music.

Gaby
I made my icon.
Old 03-22-2004, 10:10 AM
New Fan

I didn't enjoy the second episode as much as the first one, like others have said the tone was very different and I got bored with the whole Binky storyline because it got so repetitive. Also watching it I got a feeling it was shown out of order and really should have been shown later in the series, then maybe the whole Jaye-wannabe thing would have been funnier and worked better because you would've known Jaye more.

Still though, I think this is one of the best shows currently on TV! I might give the second episode another try though, it was like 6 in the morning when I watched it and I had been up for 24 hours straight.
Old 03-22-2004, 03:48 PM
Loyal Fan

The actor that played Aaron in the unaired pilot was Adam Scott (I can't recall anything he's been in right now, but I know he's been in quite a few things).

I remember reading in an interview awhile back that Adam Scott wanted to do movies. The same thing with Kerry Washington (who played Mahandra in the unaired pilot).
Old 03-22-2004, 04:54 PM
Obsessed Fan

PaperCup

I actually thought that "Karma Chamleon" should have been the Pilot because it is much stronger than the Pilot in my opinon.

Granted, they'd have to introduce the inanamate object talking to Jaye in there as well... But the rest of the Binky storyline would have showed us exactly who Jaye was from day one, and with her backstory and exposition out of the way -- as well as how she reacted in helping Binky get the story published -- I think it would have set a very positive tone for the show and definitely gave a glimpse of what is to hopefully come in terms of mixing genres (comedy, drama, mystery, etc).

---

There is a music video for "Wonderfalls" -- the song -- By Andrew Partrige on the official FOX, WF site.

It is really cool because all it has is Jaye and Mahandra mouthing the words to the song intercut with scenes from the show [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

There appears to be SPOLIER SCENES in the video, so if you want to be totally surprised (if we even GET to episode four and beyond [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] ), then I'd steer clear of it because as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words and some of the stuff we've been discussing here is addressed visually in the video.
Old 03-22-2004, 08:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] It is about time for a new thread! Anyone want to start it within the next few posts so we can close this one down? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Old 03-22-2004, 09:19 PM
Master Fan

Wildfire Girl I'll start the new thread. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top